The Student Room Group

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

I dont understand though, sorry if i sound silly

Conc x vol = mols

Mass / Mr = mols

We found conc by mols / vol , but how does conc relate to mass / mr ?

Is it a case of g dm-3 means mass / vol, which is equivalent to conc x mr?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AqsaMx
Because the units are in g mol-3 not in mol dm-3 so you have to multiply the concentration by mr to get it to g dm-3.

Omg i get it thank you, just replying made me realise haha, thanks for the help! Hope my explanation helped you too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 122
Original post by zirak46
Omg i get it thank you, just replying made me realise haha, thanks for the help! Hope my explanation helped you too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes thank you it did. But you know how the second product has a -S-S- bond reformed, how do you know the disulphides bond is made again when it doesn't tell you?
Just remember guys, questions like that disulfide bond are the most challenging ones. That one was only 2 marks out of 100. If you get a similar situation in the real one just move on and try to score best on the other 98 marks. You're better off getting 5 easy marks on a buffer solution than spending a long time on a 2 mark question.
That all seems right!
Just to make sure, recap of what happens from what I understand:

-conc of NO2 has been increased
-meaning system no longer in equilibrium
-Kc isnt affected and therefore doesnt change
-this is because top of kc expression will increase until the original value of Kc is reached
(edited 7 years ago)
From my understanding:

Kc is conc of products / conc of reactants
Changing temp will change VALUE of Kc
Changing conc or pressure will change CONC of prod or reactants
Meaning Kc is altered
But we know kc never changes when change in pressure and conc
Thats because the prod (bottom of expression) or/and reactants (top of expression) will change till Kc is reached

Hope that makes sense and if im wrong, please someone do correct me!
Original post by rory58824
Just remember guys, questions like that disulfide bond are the most challenging ones. That one was only 2 marks out of 100. If you get a similar situation in the real one just move on and try to score best on the other 98 marks. You're better off getting 5 easy marks on a buffer solution than spending a long time on a 2 mark question.

Thats a very good point, took me good 10 mins to the question and i got no marks xD
Reply 127
Original post by rory58824

Yeah that's true, but I'd still like to understand it :smile:
Original post by AqsaMx
Yeah that's true, but I'd still like to understand it :smile:

Check this video out, I don't have the time to explain it at the moment but I think this is a pretty good explanation. Go to 33:32 in the video if you want the explanation for that question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwrLHwFh4KM
Can someone please help me out with this?
I dont understand enthalpy change of solution and enthalpy change of hydration

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 130
Is anyone able to give me tips/advice on the evaluative for the relative strengths of weak acids?
(edited 7 years ago)
Im not sure but isnt sulfuric acid h2SO4 so you would need 2 SO2? im probs wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 132
Original post by AqsaMx
Is anyone able to give me tips/advice on the evaluative for the relative strengths of weak acids?

Anyone please?
Guys I'm soo scared for chemistry; what's everyone doing at this point? Notes or have you guys started doing past papers; I'm retaking both f321 and f322 aswell Sitting A2 this summer👀😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AqsaMx
Anyone please?

I don't remember doing it but calculating ph would defo come up make sure you know all the mathy part of it? Maybe go over indicators aswell?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AqsaMx
Anyone please?

Know about acids, bases, indicators inside out - know ranges of indicators, remember how to work out strong acid, strong base, weak acid. Practise your moles questions, etc, and underline words in question, won't be too difficult, youll know EVERYTHING on the test so dont worry
Reply 136
Original post by totabatouta
I don't remember doing it but calculating ph would defo come up make sure you know all the mathy part of it? Maybe go over indicators aswell?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You know with regards to indicators do you actually need to know colour changes and stuff?
Reply 137
Original post by zirak46
Know about acids, bases, indicators inside out - know ranges of indicators, remember how to work out strong acid, strong base, weak acid. Practise your moles questions, etc, and underline words in question, won't be too difficult, youll know EVERYTHING on the test so dont worry

Thank you so much, I appreciate it :smile:
But you know cos the paper is relative strength of weak acids, could they still ask about bases and strong acids?
Reply 138
Does anyone have the f325 2015 past paper & mark scheme? I really need it for revision!
Your teachers should have it, ask your head of department. Otherwise, its not important till youve done all the other past papers tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending