The Student Room Group

Calling out people with low IQs

Scroll to see replies

Actually iq scores below 130 are not low. They're lower than 130 of course but 130 is above average, and "gifted". Those with the iq of 130 are the minority and make up 2% of the pop. The average iq is 100, and sure it is not 130 since well... people with that score are 2%.

Majority of the pop. is below 130 and doing just fine. IQ test test intelligence quotient however they only test one type of intelligence and there is no guarantee having the iq of 130 will make you the next bill gate or get you a high paying job.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Death Grips
We need Social Darwininsm.

The lack of social darwinism is why Trump has so many supporters.

The irony.
Original post by Macy1998
Actually iq scores below 130 are not low. They're lower than 130 of course but 130 is above average, and "gifted".
Majority of the pop. is below 130 and doing just fine. IQ test test intelligence quotient however they only test one type of intelligence and there is no guarantee having the iq of 130 will make you the next bill gate or get you a high paying job.

IQ-Bell-Curve.png

And what is that one type of intelligence?
Original post by DatSHINeeBack
And what is that one type of intelligence?

Well according to Howard Gardner's theory of multiple intelligence one type of intelligence of the 7 intelligence is interpersonal intelligence which is basically the ability to understand/sensitive to another person's feelings and desires and the ability to cooperate with others as a group. I learned that in Pysch class recently so you can take it as fact or grain of salt since it is a theory.
Original post by Reue
Strong words from the guy incapable of holding down a job.

Original post by JamesN88
I doubt anyone that intelligent would be on TSR, let alone at this time.:smile:

Most intelligent people are night owls.
Reply 126
Original post by kieran12321LFC
Right, but if there's any replies to this particular comment I want it to only be you. This conversation originally started because "IQ isn't a real measure of intelligence". What all scientists and the majority of the greatest artists have in common is their IQs are higher. Students who study art at uni generally don't have high IQs though

I agree with you.

Quick Reply

Latest