Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bookbag)
    So Info 2, anybody has any revision tips or anything?
    Well...Looking at the way INFO1 went, rather easy, they just copied 2012 questions (older paper questions really). I wouldnt be surprised if they did the same for INFO2. We are the last year in this old spec, theyve clearing half-bothered for it. Tips would be, REVISE ALL YOUR NOTES> my plan is to revise all of topics 1-9 up till Sunday. Monday do papers, Tuesday morning till exam just light revise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahesh114)
    Well...Looking at the way INFO1 went, rather easy, they just copied 2012 questions (older paper questions really). I wouldnt be surprised if they did the same for INFO2. We are the last year in this old spec, theyve clearing half-bothered for it. Tips would be, REVISE ALL YOUR NOTES> my plan is to revise all of topics 1-9 up till Sunday. Monday do papers, Tuesday morning till exam just light revise.
    Im not excellent at revising but when you say revise all 9 topics, what do you do. Atm im just doing paper and revising questions that i dont know

ReputationRep:
    Im not excellent at revising but when you say revise all 9 topics, what do you do. Atm im just doing paper and revising questions that i dont know
    Well, what Ive done so far is, revise topics 1-4 (I made notes for INFO 1 and 2 back in september, I got ahead of myself) So I am reading them and revising key definitions and laws/rules. Ive done 2015+2014 papers, leaving 2013 and 2012 which I will do tomorrow. Tuesday will be light revision.

ReputationRep:
    Well, what Ive done so far is, revise topics 1-4 (I made notes for INFO 1 and 2 back in september, I got ahead of myself) So I am reading them and revising key definitions and laws/rules. Ive done 2015+2014 papers, leaving 2013 and 2012 which I will do tomorrow. Tuesday will be light revision.
    How did you find the info 2 2012 paper? It's not on aqa anymore

ReputationRep:
    http://computing.beauchamps.essex.sc...e_jan_2012.pdf
    (Original post by tobychung)
    well I had my teacher print the paper and MS off for me, since she could access it. Here is the MS though I found it online

ReputationRep:
    http://computing.beauchamps.essex.sc...e_jan_2012.pdf
    (Original post by tobychung)
    well I had my teacher print the paper and MS off for me, since she could access it. Here is the MS though I found it online

ReputationRep:
    how likely do you think they will use the 2012 paper? i dont know anything and nothing is sinking in!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyit'sanya)
    how likely do you think they will use the 2012 paper? i dont know anything and nothing is sinking in!!!
    Honestly, As much as I would like them to use it, I doubt they will. Revise as much as you can, and pray that its a straight forward paper.

ReputationRep:
    which topics do you think will most likely appear in tomorrows exam?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heyit'sanya)
    which topics do you think will most likely appear in tomorrows exam?!
    Defo batch/transaction/interactive processing. Encoding/decoding/encryption of data. ICT roles and skills needed. Mainly repetitive topics.

ReputationRep:
    How would you answer this 12 marker from jan 2012:

Information from car number plate recognition systems can be used in a number of ways.
    Discuss the consequences of using such systems for individuals and society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iscodisco)
    How would you answer this 12 marker from jan 2012:

Information from car number plate recognition systems can be used in a number of ways.
    Discuss the consequences of using such systems for individuals and society.
    I literally JUST answered it xD So for Individuals I wrote about invasion of privacy, information overload leading to potential hacking and DDOS, having their information leaked. For Society I spoke about the integration of CCTV (UK is the most CCTV supported country). Then the deskilling of traffic warden job, the loss of human interaction since most of it is an automatic process, speeding tickets etc.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks I was thinking about saying something about how privacy would be compromised too.

ReputationRep:
    Any tips for tomorrow people?

ReputationRep:
    Any tips for tomorrow people?
    Revise the laws, rules and any definitions. Learn topologies (all 4 Star ring Bus Mesh) Look at PPs to see the format of Qs. I honestly reckon we will get recycled questions. Again we are the LAST year of this OLD spec. Apart from that get good sleep, use the time wisely tomorrow. I condensed my condensed notes even further, so try to cram stuff in. Good Luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Revise the laws, rules and any definitions. Learn topologies (all 4 Star ring Bus Mesh) Look at PPs to see the format of Qs. I honestly reckon we will get recycled questions. Again we are the LAST year of this OLD spec. Apart from that get good sleep, use the time wisely tomorrow. I condensed my condensed notes even further, so try to cram stuff in. Good Luck!!
    Thank you, good luck to you to

ReputationRep:
    We're the second to last year to sit AS ICT, actually. Check the AQA website, the last sittings for INFO1 and INFO2 will be June 2017, and the last A2 INFO3 and INFO4 intake is June 2018. But being the second to last year, they'd be lazy with us too I guess. The spec is so unbelievably worn out now I'm actually not even surprised that they've practically ran out of questions, the last sitting in 2018 will also be 10 years of the specification!

And there is no new spec to replace 'old' spec, all current ICT qualifications will have their A2 2018 last intake, and then that's the end of ICT and old spec Computing as an A-Level (excluding Cambridge International A Level), both phased out for only AS/A Level Computer Science.

Good luck to everyone for INFO2 tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    How did everyoe find it? It thought it was pretty good

ReputationRep:
    for the 20 marker were u supposed to write about disadvantages or advantages and disadvantages?

ReputationRep:
    Both advantages and disadvantages for individuals and society.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.