Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firefly:Serenity)
    Who else is feeling extremely nervous for this exam believe it or not I've only just started revising about 3 days ago!
    I just find theres limited resources in comparison to other A Levels.
    I even went on the last 4 past papers and their marking schemes give no solid answers.

ReputationRep:
    what do you think is going to come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieacraig)
    I even went on the last 4 past papers and their marking schemes give no solid answers.
    the mark scheme is a real joke. it gives nothing useful!

ReputationRep:
    is the group chat useful?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exams2210)
    is the group chat useful?
    They have a Google Drive folder with great resources. The chat is often off topic, however. No harm in joining and muting it like I do. I haven't checked it for a few days and there's over 2000 unread messages.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain to me the difference between paas and saas and which one BBP should use and why

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether or not the zigzag papers are ever accurate with the questions that come up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mak369)
    Does anyone know whether or not the zigzag papers are ever accurate with the questions that come up
    its definitely worth revising using the paper it does go through a lot of the aspects which are likely to come up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mak369)
    Can someone please explain to me the difference between paas and saas and which one BBP should use and why
    SaaS, software as a service is provided by a third party which consists of an off the shelf software. It is hosted with the use of the internet. In terms of BBP, it would enable them to reduce costs as upgrades and maintenence will be provided by the third party, therefore there would be no need for specilist skills. Also with SaaS, every BYOD will be compatible with it due to it only requiring an internet connection.

PaaS, platform as a service is where hardware and software is provided to BBP from a third party, which will allow them to create a bespoke program on, which improves flexibility as they would have a range features to use. In terms of costs, its expensive as maintenence and specilist staff will need to be provided by BBP. Also BBP already have a computer centre and therefore the need for hardware may not be required and thus software only.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imran_)
    SaaS, software as a service is provided by a third party which consists of an off the shelf software. It is hosted with the use of the internet. In terms of BBP, it would enable them to reduce costs as upgrades and maintenence will be provided by the third party, therefore there would be no need for specilist skills. Also with SaaS, every BYOD will be compatible with it due to it only requiring an internet connection.

PaaS, platform as a service is where hardware and software is provided to BBP from a third party, which will allow them to create a bespoke program on, which improves flexibility as they would have a range features to use. In terms of costs, its expensive as maintenence and specilist staff will need to be provided by BBP. Also BBP already have a computer centre and therefore the need for hardware may not be required and thus software only.
    Thank you for the help it has cleared it up for me

ReputationRep:
    Your right about that I've literally been trying to learn from the mark scheme buts it's no use I've actually been answering questions using an info 3 text book which I know I'm not going to be taking with me in the exam! I'm just nervous for this one do you have any questions you think might come up and would you advice any particular areas to actually focus on?

ReputationRep:
    Your right about that I've literally been trying to learn from the mark scheme buts it's no use I've actually been answering questions using an info 3 text book which I know I'm not going to be taking with me in the exam! I'm just nervous for this one do you have any questions you think might come up and would you advice any particular areas to actually focus on?
    just look at the prelim and work from that, so BYOD, training and security etc x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieacraig;[url="tel:65931610")
    65931610[/url]]just look at the prelim and work from that, so BYOD, training and security etc x
    BYOD is bring your own device right? Please explain this aspect of the pre release and guess a question they could ask relating to that, I'm a little confused,that would be much appreciated thankyou

ReputationRep:
    BYOD is bring your own device right? Please explain this aspect of the pre release and guess a question they could ask relating to that, I'm a little confused,that would be much appreciated thankyou
    So if they're looking to reduce costs, they're gonna want employees to bring their own devices in.
    so

Consider elements of the security policy that relate directly to the company's new BYOD policy

or suggest why SaaS would be good: if employees BYOD then its a universal platform so doesn't matter if its android or OS for example

ReputationRep:
    Can someone add me to the group chat please?
    +44 7931253717

ReputationRep:
    lmao am screwed, i wish you all the best of luck however, do you think we'll be able to resit next year? :')

ReputationRep:
    I keep hearing about a group chat? someone add me 07549891534.
    So far, we've narrowed it down to:
    saas, paas,
    BYOD,
    outsourcing,
    Information and systems,
    policies and business process modeling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justjack.98)
    I keep hearing about a group chat? someone add me 07549891534.
    So far, we've narrowed it down to:
    saas, paas,
    BYOD,
    outsourcing,
    Information and systems,
    policies and business process modeling
    how would you link process modelling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imran_)
    how would you link process modelling
    Yeah im also wonderin this

ReputationRep:
    Yeah im also wonderin this
    you got any predicted questions? Apart from zigzag

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.