Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Oh God it's now hitting me how close the exam actually is.

I'm frantically trying to revise vocab now for mode & environmental vocab in case they ask about eco-tourism.
    and im trying to revise a hell of a lot of verbs

my god
    just i cant wait for this to be over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Oh God it's now hitting me how close the exam actually is.

I'm frantically trying to revise vocab now for mode & environmental vocab in case they ask about eco-tourism.
    and im trying to revise a hell of a lot of verbs

my god
    just i cant wait for this to be over
    Hey where you getting the verbs from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themathgeek)
    Hey where you getting the verbs from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    https://quizlet.com/134258572/learn

revising these verbs

the book has verbs of its own but im just trying to learn any verbs i can lmao

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here gonna try and make an unofficial mark scheme tomorrow? Will be surprised if anyone manages to remember all of it tbh lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)
    Hey! I am taking wjec German however I may as well follow. I am currently of a low C grade standard- essay accuracy being my down fall although recently I have received some high scores! Listening I also find hard. I am aiming for an A in the summer for my AS exams in may- I am going to Berlin for 2 weeks during easter to study in a language course on an intense german course- 60 hours including 20 hours of which one to one tuition. Hope it gets me up to an A grade.
    The course in Berlin sounds really good! Are you doing that through a company or something? I want to do one too.

ReputationRep:
    Oh lol that was me, nah I thought you had found out someother way haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohh right aha, how accurate do u think u are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satansruler)
    Ohh right aha, how accurate do u think u are?
    I think he's certainly on the ball with Fashion, it hasn't appeared for years and years as an essay, the same goes for Kommunikationstechnologie.

I personally think families&relationships would be the third as it usually appears as one, but Urlaub certainly ain't a bad guess either as it hasn't poppd up for years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chleox)
    The course in Berlin sounds really good! Are you doing that through a company or something? I want to do one too.
    Hey, I went to Germany on a crash course with GLS Berlin in easter. I came back changed, my oral skills improved crazily as the crash course included 20 hours of one to one speaking. At the start of the year i was predicted an E, tomorrow for my exam I am gunning for a high B/ low A. I met lots of people and my German really changed dramatically and lots in my class complimented me. I am going again for 2 weeks this summer.

ReputationRep:
    Can you please help me understand the difference between wäre & hätte and when to use each one? I've been practicing conditional perfect and imperfect subjunctives for so long and still don't understand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TianaEsther)
    Can you please help me understand the difference between wäre & hätte and when to use each one? I've been practicing conditional perfect and imperfect subjunctives for so long and still don't understand
    for the ''non-past'' subjunctiv
    wäre = would be e.g. ich wäre glücklich, wenn..
    hätte = would have e.g. ich hätte eine feste Freundin, wenn...

for the "past" subjunctiv

remember it's formed the same way as perfect tense e.g. ich bin zur Party gegangen. = I went to the party, and then transforming it into a conditional sentence >>> ich wäre zur Party gegangen.

So just think if the sentence would normally take sein/haben in the perfect past tense (sein is for movement or change of state e.g. fahren, sterben, gehen, reisen/haben is for all others e.g. ich habe Pizza gegessen > ich hätte Pizza gegessen)

ReputationRep:
    for the ''non-past'' subjunctiv
    wäre = would be e.g. ich wäre glücklich, wenn..
    hätte = would have e.g. ich hätte eine feste Freundin, wenn...

for the "past" subjunctiv

remember it's formed the same way as perfect tense e.g. ich bin zur Party gegangen. = I went to the party, and then transforming it into a conditional sentence >>> ich wäre zur Party gegangen.

So just think if the sentence would normally take sein/haben in the perfect past tense (sein is for movement or change of state e.g. fahren, sterben, gehen, reisen/haben is for all others e.g. ich habe Pizza gegessen > ich hätte Pizza gegessen)
    Thank you so much, you're a life saver

ReputationRep:
    I think he's certainly on the ball with Fashion, it hasn't appeared for years and years as an essay, the same goes for Kommunikationstechnologie.

I personally think families&relationships would be the third as it usually appears as one, but Urlaub certainly ain't a bad guess either as it hasn't poppd up for years.
    There is a possibility it will be a decent question because I feel those topics are a decent choice

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    How's everyone feeling for tomorrow?
    Had Maths C1 today and that didn't go well, so not prepared for this German at all

ReputationRep:
    Guys I'm SO scared for the exam. I hope everyone does well! Viel Glück!

ReputationRep:
    Danke Schön!

ReputationRep:
    < 3 hours to go, good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TianaEsther)
    Guys I'm SO scared for the exam. I hope everyone does well! Viel Glück!
    Same! I was so upset aftwr C1 that I did basically no German

Good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    Same! I was so upset aftwr C1 that I did basically no German

Good luck everyone
    Forget C1, and lets move onto GERM1! Viel Glück!

ReputationRep:
    There is a possibility it will be a decent question because I feel those topics are a decent choice

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I hope the questions are actually good too not just the topics

Good luck everyone!!

ReputationRep:
    DOES- WENN ICH ÄLTER BIN, WÜRDE ICH .... work grammatically or would it be werde without umlaut.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 25, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.