Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th and 14th June 2016 - AQA GCSE History B *Official Exam Thread* watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akash3141)
    5, I think.
    2 for why the bombing was a failure, so it couldn't destroy Ho Chi Minh trail, factories flattened but economy depended on farming. Second was about losing hearts + minds which was a US tactic.

The next two was what other reasons contributed, so strengths of VC + media and protests in USA..

Final was a conclusion and I briefly talked about some other factor to conclude that it wasn't the main factor..
    I talked about Hearts&Minds and guerrilla tactics as my two other paragraphs on other factors.

That exam has taught me not to rely on prediction - especially in the Leninist Russia section, I got all my predictions wrong and all the topics from last year came up again! It wasn't too hard overall, but the individual questions were quite narrow-focused and quite trickily worded. Grade boundaries will be quite low, I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F0X)
    I talked about Hearts&Minds and guerrilla tactics as my two other paragraphs on other factors.

That exam has taught me not to rely on prediction - especially in the Leninist Russia section, I got all my predictions wrong and all the topics from last year came up again! It wasn't too hard overall, but the individual questions were quite narrow-focused and quite trickily worded. Grade boundaries will be quite low, I think.
    Doubt that mate. Last year it was 57 for an A*, and I think that they will increase it slightly to 59!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akila1)
    Doubt that mate. Last year it was 57 for an A*, and I think that they will increase it slightly to 59!
    57 out of what? And does this include coursework?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F0X)
    57 out of what? And does this include coursework?
    it cant include coursework.
    each section is worth 20 marks.
    in unit 2, 9 marks are available for SPaG.

60 marks possible for Unit 1.
    69 for Unit 2.
    about 40 for coursework? Idk about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ValVettore)

69 for Unit 2.
    I think it will be 50/60 in unit 1 for an A*
    And 59/69 in unit 2 for an A*
    And coursework is always 36/40

ReputationRep:
    Just thinking back what was the topic 3 four marker again for paper 1

ReputationRep:

69 for Unit 2.
    Oh right. In general the A* mark for the overall qualification (papers 1, 2 and coursework) has been around 75-85% for the past few years I think.

(Original post by bpn365)
    You mean the Hitler topic? It was "describe what Hitler did after the invasion of Czechoslovakia and before the start of WWII" (aka, Nazi-Soviet Pact and invasion of Poland).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bpn365)
    What happened after the collapse of Czechoslovakia?

ReputationRep:
    What happened after the collapse of Czechoslovakia?
    The Nazi-Soviet Pact

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dexterminate)
    The Nazi-Soviet Pact

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But first Memel and the British-French agreement to defend Poland.

ReputationRep:
    NOOo, are you being serious??
    I was thinking that my topics in this year's exam were harder than the 2015 paper.. Why do you say they are higher for A* ??

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    How did everyone do?
    I got an A* even if I got the lowest mark (180 UMS) but am so happy because I was predicted an A throughout the whole of year 10 and 11 and I never thought I would get an A*

I got:
    - 85 UMS (A*) on the International Relationships & USA exam (62/81 raw marks)
    - 49 UMS (A) on the Britain 1890-1918 exam (31/53 raw marks)
    - 46 UMS (A*) on the Controlled Assessment, Germany (45/50 raw marks) although everyone I think in my year got moderated down by 3 raw marks

So overall I am delighted and quite shocked

How did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    How did everyone do?
    Sooo gutted. I tried so hard and it's my favorite subject! Got an A* in Unit 1 and B in Unit 2. This gave me an overall A. Our teachers are finding it really weird as quite a few students were actually predicted A*s in this subject yet apparently nobody even got higher than this grade in our school.

The reality still hasn't sunk in tbh because I genuinely thought paper 2 was pretty good :/ Anyways, I'm quite reluctant to send it back for a remark as I don't want to risk obtaining a B in the subject.

Meh I'll just accept it and hopefully try harder at A-level.
    How did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by history fanatic)
    Sooo gutted. I tried so hard and it's my favorite subject! Got an A* in Unit 1 and B in Unit 2. This gave me an overall A. Our teachers are finding it really weird as quite a few students were actually predicted A*s in this subject yet apparently nobody even got higher than this grade in our school.

The reality still hasn't sunk in tbh because I genuinely thought paper 2 was pretty good :/ Anyways, I'm quite reluctant to send it back for a remark as I don't want to risk obtaining a B in the subject.

Meh I'll just accept it and hopefully try harder at A-level.
    How did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same for Paper 2! I was really happy about it after I finished the test. Definitely thought I did better. I'm not doing History for A-Levels, I just enjoyed it at GCSEs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hi, what where the questions for topic 4 and 2

ReputationRep:
    what were the questions?

ReputationRep:
    can someone tell us the questions?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
    Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.