Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What do you wish was different in your life? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Other people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deliciously)
    I wish I was born in a Sikh family and not a Muslim family...

What about you?
    Lol people would still mistake you for a muslim anyhow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    First of all, your step by step replying game is on point

(Original post by ivy.98)
    are you testing me? ngl i feel a bit faint atm but thats probably my anaemia :lol:
    You feel faint?

Need someone to lay you down and give you a head massage? :sexface:

Maybe youre just a bit hot right now? Need a coconut milkshake and some mediating tips? Im not just a pretty face you know :lol:
    PICS? what pics :holmes: but I'm pretty sure they're floating around somewhere on tsr xD
    Haha I was kidding about the pics I dont judge on appearances and its always good to get to know someone fully first!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    ladies dont do that stalking business

omg btw earlier your followers count was 69
    Still not quite 184 tho
    damn i should have worded that differently.. didnt turn out as expected LOLand experienced? more like experiencing it second hand. if you know, you know
    Yes you should have worded if differenctly and ofc I know you know :juggle:Sidenote: thats a pretty cool emoji how come no ones uses that
    Spoiler:
    Show
    yeah i get what you mean now.. i should defo tone down, can see why someone would find me freaky :erm: xD
    No no no no no, you should keep your tone, Im fine with it:holmes:

LOOOOL your memes are like the best thing ever :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scruffyjoe)
    I went to Manchester and I highly regret it today. I wish I had gone to SOAS instead. Not only is the amazing for law, the faculty is brilliant it has ties with Columbia university so they have exchanges of students and faculty all the time. I am super jealous of people who have gone to or are going to SOAS now. And my advice yo anyone thinking of going to Manchester - DONT DO IT!! I applied for uni in 2008 (old!) but my a level grades weren't good enough so I decided to take the foundation route. I wish I had known at that point that SOAS does foundation courses as well. I would have definitely applied. Biggest regret of my life!!!

i was thinking of applying there this year, why is it such a huge regret? am i making a mistake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juliabennett)
    i was thinking of applying there this year, why is it such a huge regret? am i making a mistake?
    Hi
    It really depends on what course you're applying for, what your grades are, and what other unis you're applying to.

For law Manchester wasn't/isn't very good for two reasons:

1) it's not well respected by employers and people I work with etc

2) the faculty isn't great. They don't even have many people on the faculty from Oxbridge or the ivy leagues which I believe LSE, kings and even SOAS does.

But again this is just my perspective. Do your own research as well.

I hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scruffyjoe)
    Hi
    It really depends on what course you're applying for, what your grades are, and what other unis you're applying to.

For law Manchester wasn't/isn't very good for two reasons:

1) it's not well respected by employers and people I work with etc

2) the faculty isn't great. They don't even have many people on the faculty from Oxbridge or the ivy leagues which I believe LSE, kings and even SOAS does.

But again this is just my perspective. Do your own research as well.

I hope this helps.
    okay thanks so much, i'll do some more research, i'm looking for geography so it might be different but thanks

ReputationRep:
    My sex life.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.