Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I am concerned that you buy drinks at a company that aggressively tax avoids. And provides over-priced drinks with in many cases lots of sugar.
    Can't stand British coffee shops, don't particularly care about them avoiding tax, in the same way I don't care much about the Panama papers, if a loophole is there, use it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Starbucks also make shockingly bad coffee....

I thought better of you JD. I thought wrong.
    Its all about Cafe Nero !
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Can't stand British coffee shops, don't particularly care about them avoiding tax, in the same way I don't care much about the Panama papers, if a loophole is there, use it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ture , the main problem I have about the panama papers is that some people are over - reacting to it .... Especially regarding Mr Cameron , Labour are already jumping on the bandwagon calling on him to resign despite the fact he hasn't had the chance to properly explain himself
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Ture , the main problem I have about the panama papers is that some people are over - reacting to it .... Especially regarding Mr Cameron , Labour are already jumping on the bandwagon calling on him to resign despite the fact he hasn't had the chance to properly explain himself
    And Labour are also massive tax avoiders, their former leaders ha e avoided taxes, as have their biggest backers, but nobody needs to know that, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    And Labour are also massive tax avoiders, their former leaders ha e avoided taxes, as have their biggest backers, but nobody needs to know that, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So they aren't innocent at all ! , hypocrisy or what !
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So they aren't innocent at all ! , hypocrisy or what !
    I expect labour figures will be dragged into Panama, I expect UKIP the SNP and lib dems will all be involved, even if it is on!y indirectly via major donors, the only British Westminster party that's safe is probably the greens, and only because they have no money or backers in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I expect labour figures will be dragged into Panama, I expect UKIP the SNP and lib dems will all be involved, even if it is on!y indirectly via major donors, the only British Westminster party that's safe is probably the greens, and only because they have no money or backers in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely a possibility..... I don't think the Lib Dems or UKIP will he directly involved but if doners have then its drags them in .... No doubt Mr Osborne is involved .... Who would want to back the greens ( financially) anyway ? Its a wasted investment!

ReputationRep:
    All the while the Sun unveils a "threat" against the Royal Family.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Definitely a possibility..... I don't think the Lib Dems or UKIP will he directly involved but if doners have then its drags them in .... No doubt Mr Osborne is involved .... Who would want to back the greens ( financially) anyway ? Its a wasted investment!
    The people as deluded as the greens themselves?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Difference is we criticise them too, not making pathetic excuses for them.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Difference is we criticise them too, not making pathetic excuses for them.
    Ummmm, care to show us where you slammed your biggest donors for not paying their taxes, or refused their money on principle?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If you have access to the Financial Times, this week's guest for Lunch with the FT might be an interesting one.

ReputationRep:
    Ummmm, care to show us where you slammed your biggest donors for not paying their taxes, or refused their money on principle?
    Show me where they've avoided tax and I'll do just that (I agree, some probably have)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by The Financier)
    If you have access to the Financial Times, this week's guest for Lunch with the FT might be an interesting one.
    Something to read on my lunch break
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The people as deluded as the greens themselves?
    No , im saying that its a waste of money donating to the greens

that its a waste of money donating to the greens
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Show me where they've avoided tax and I'll do just that (I agree, some probably have)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-payments.html
    Focusing on Unite
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...-and-2012.html
    PwC
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31147276
    Milibands
    https://cyberboris.wordpress.com/201...-as-tax-abuse/

The sources might not be the nicest to you, but they were ones near the top of the searches.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    No , im saying that its a waste of money donating to the greens

that its a waste of money donating to the greens
    The deluded don't see it as a waste, they genuinely believe the Greens can win lots of seats, and even if they don't that they can bring down the government.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The deluded don't see it as a waste, they genuinely believe the Greens can win lots of seats, and even if they don't that they can bring down the government.
    :laugh: I read an artcle a few days ago and they predicted a Lab/green government in the 2040s ...... funniest but most concerning artcle I read in a while
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    :laugh: I read an artcle a few days ago and they predicted a Lab/green government in the 2040s ...... funniest but most concerning artcle I read in a while
    Did they forget parties can actually change their positions? The Tories are also at an advantage on this front because they can already see what they need to change to, the "progressive" left cannot.

On another note, here is Dan Hannan's standard 5 minute talk on the EU in written form. http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/04/t...f-by-brussels/
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by The Financier)
    Fantastic artcle ! , He really does like alcohol! He must of drank at least 3 times the guidelines in one lunch time !

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.