Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Mate, I can't speak for America but here in Britain if anything it's the other way around. Black people receive many legal protections that white people don't. They have quotas which greatly increase the chances of them getting jobs compared to white people with the same qualifications as them.
    I'm not your mate.

So let me get this straight.

What you are saying or what you are arguing is that racism does not exist in the UK and black people get all these undeserved treats and goodies and white people are the ones who are getting shafted. Right ?

And all the books written on racism and racial discrimination are wrong. All the studies and surveys are wrong. All the black people who talk about racism in the UK are wrong and lying or are not smart enough to know what they are experiencing.

That's what you are saying. Right ?

They don't receive any racism at all, yet white people are shunned by other ethnicities all the time. The list goes on and on.
    Where can white people go, not just in the UK, but on this planet and be subject to systematic racism ?

Um, I hate to break it to you but I can. The Nazi holocaust has had huge effects on Europe and if the crusades hadn't happened the demographics of the planet would look very different from today. White people wouldn't exist and most of the world's population would be Muslim. The crusades put an end to the European holocaust, without which you wouldn't have a fraction of the healthcare, jobs or technology you have now.
    There is a difference between a holocaust and slavery

OK. Two questions.

1) How long did the Holocaust last ?
    2) How long did the Atlantic slave trade last ?

Like I said, not in Britain. I'd appreciate it if you refrained from using the term "white people" and instead said "some white Americans" because at least that way we can start to correct the assumption that all white people think they're superior and then the anti-white racism will gradually fade too.
    Well, I'm sure you don't correct any of your white friends when they use the term 'black people".

So why are objecting with me using the term white people ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkvibes)
    The UK has an economy driven by immigrant workers, we need immigration. The moment it becomes a burden, we seize control of our borders and people support people like UKIP that want to shut up our borders and deny visas to non EU citizens.

I hardly call that accepting
    Pure BS. The UK economy is driven by finance and banking, aerospace, pharmaceuticals, services and to a lesser extent petrochemicals, tourism and agriculture.

Why shouldn't a country have the right to control the amount of migrants moving to it, especially when there are considerable and legitimate concerns regarding vital national infrastructure. We need to ensure that only educated and skilled people immigrate here and at the very least need to prevent the inflow of uncivilised barbarians who hold beliefs incompatible with Western Civilisation and culture.

ReputationRep:
    Didnt you racially abuse that half pakistanis grandad on here?

ReputationRep:
    I like how the world was moving freely until that Communist in the white house showed up, now everything is just grievance, grievance, race, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimi1kimi2kimi3)
    Why do people think police brutality is only an issue for black people? According to the American Bureau of Justice, from 2003 to 2006 (most recent available) 1,134 white people were victims of arrest-related deaths in the US compared to 834 blacks (http://www.bjs.gov/content/dcrp/tables/dcst06let3.pdf). Police brutality is not a white vs. black issue, it is a law enforcement vs. civilian issue. I don't claim to know about issues of race in the UK, but I do know quite a bit about these issues in the US. It's not only blacks that are getting harassed, beaten and killed by police - it's everyone across the spectrum of every ethnicity.

Imagine the impact we could make if we all banded together as CITIZENS, regardless of color, and addressed the problem as a united front against law enforcement's ******** ego-driven disregard for human life.

LOL, still no reply.

The ACLU probably didn't give him the next cue card.

ReputationRep:
    Whites have no right to a homeland

Whites are to been born guilty

But Whites are privileged?

ReputationRep:
    People who talk about how whites treated people of other ethnicities badly in the past and how this means it's alright to be racist to white people seem to be blaming the actions of some white people in the past on every single white personal. Also they are ignoring the fact many white people helped campaign for racial equality during the civil rights movement, etc.
    Also, I don't think I've ever heard a white person being racist towards someone of another race, whereas I have heard a lot of racist a use being targeted at white people.
    A lot of supposed anti-racism posters are actually extremely racist towards white people, eg:

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...act=mrc&uact=8

This poster is really offensive and is racist towards white people, as it implies all racists are white, which is not the case at all.

A lot of my friends are from different ethnic groups, and I like the fact we're a multi-ethnic society, but a lot of the time white people are being treated unfairly.

If someone awhile person at school reported rascist abuse from a black person, my school would honestly do nothing about it, whereas they would leap to the defence of a black child.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeastOfSyracuse)
    All lives matter, that's the point BLM activists are trying to make in their own ham-fisted way.

Their movement would be better named "Black Lives Matter Too" to represent what they are trying to say
    This.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by 14042016)
    Whites have no right to a homeland

Whites are to been born guilty

But Whites are privileged?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roofas)
    Pure BS. The UK economy is driven by finance and banking, aerospace, pharmaceuticals, services and to a lesser extent petrochemicals, tourism and agriculture.

Why shouldn't a country have the right to control the amount of migrants moving to it, especially when there are considerable and legitimate concerns regarding vital national infrastructure. We need to ensure that only educated and skilled people immigrate here and at the very least need to prevent the inflow of uncivilised barbarians who hold beliefs incompatible with Western Civilisation and culture.
    You're stupid, the UK wont be the fastest growing economy in the western without the skilled immigrants that come into the UK and work in both the service and goods sector. Without them the productive potential of the country would be much lower. You clearly dont know anything about economics, this is basic common knowledge.

Read the context you fool, i said that because the guy i replied to said the UK had open borders.

Dont quote me with your bigoted views, you come here to have a stab at muslims when its completely irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    When were white people enslaved?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    I don't think using stereotypical gifs/images of black people really helps in a discussion about racism.

In fact, why are so many gifs based on stereotypical, exaggerated black reactions and emotions? There's something a bit exploitative about it
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by BeastOfSyracuse)
    I don't think using stereotypical gifs/images of black people really helps in a discussion about racism.

In fact, why are so many gifs based on stereotypical, exaggerated black reactions and emotions? There's something a bit exploitative about it
    Because these gifs are funny and often express how posters feel at that point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimi1kimi2kimi3)
    Why do people think police brutality is only an issue for black people? According to the American Bureau of Justice, from 2003 to 2006 (most recent available) 1,134 white people were victims of arrest-related deaths in the US compared to 834 blacks (http://www.bjs.gov/content/dcrp/tables/dcst06let3.pdf). Police brutality is not a white vs. black issue, it is a law enforcement vs. civilian issue. I don't claim to know about issues of race in the UK, but I do know quite a bit about these issues in the US. It's not only blacks that are getting harassed, beaten and killed by police - it's everyone across the spectrum of every ethnicity.

Imagine the impact we could make if we all banded together as CITIZENS, regardless of color, and addressed the problem as a united front against law enforcement's ******** ego-driven disregard for human life.
    (Original post by Attempt)
    LOL, still no reply.

The ACLU probably didn't give him the next cue card.
    You guys ever heard of percentages?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Haddock)
    You guys ever heard of percentages?

Yes we have.

And according to the FBI and the department of justice, black people account for only 13% of the population of America, yet account for over 49% of the homicides, and gang related incarcerations.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Yes we have.

And according to the FBI and the department of justice, black people account for only 13% of the population of America, yet account for over 49% of the homicides, and gang related incarcerations.

Here are some more statistics you probably wont like

In 2010, the U.S. Sentencing Commission reported that African Americans receive 10% longer sentences than whites through the federal system for the same crimes.

African-Americans comprise only 13% of the U.S. population and 14% of the monthly drug users, but are 37% of the people arrested for drug-related offenses in America

Studies show that police are more likely to pull over and frisk blacks or Latinos than whites. In New York City, 80% of the stops made were blacks and Latinos, and 85% of those people were frisked, compared to a mere 8% of white people stopped.

After being arrested, African-Americans are 33% more likely than whites to be detained while facing a felony trial in New York.

ReputationRep:
    Yes we have.

So you know how percentages work, and yet you still think comparing the absolute figures for arrest related deaths of blacks and whites is somehow valid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally)
    Here are some more statistics you probably wont like

In 2010, the U.S. Sentencing Commission reported that African Americans receive 10% longer sentences than whites through the federal system for the same crimes.

African-Americans comprise only 13% of the U.S. population and 14% of the monthly drug users, but are 37% of the people arrested for drug-related offenses in America

Studies show that police are more likely to pull over and frisk blacks or Latinos than whites. In New York City, 80% of the stops made were blacks and Latinos, and 85% of those people were frisked, compared to a mere 8% of white people stopped.

After being arrested, African-Americans are 33% more likely than whites to be detained while facing a felony trial in New York.

The first statistic you mentioned was completely debunked because it doesn't take into account repeated offenders and offences by criminals. When it does, that statistic disappears.

The second one is because African americans are involved in wider scale gang related drug smuggling activities, and constitute 45% of all gang related offences in America. If anything this is a point against black people.

The last 2 are either fradulent statistcs backed by black supremacists or previously debunked ones.

Unlike you, I'll actually produce more stats that are actually backed by the FBI and the CIA.

– FACT: From 2011 to 2013, 38.5 per cent of people arrested for murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault were black. This figure is three times higher than the 13% black population figure. When you account for the fact that black males aged 15-34, who account for around 3% of the population, are responsible for the vast majority of these crimes, the figures are even more staggering.

– FACT: Despite the fact that black people commit an equal or greater number of violent crimes than whites, whites are almost TWICE as likely to be killed by police officers.
    http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...whites-blacks/

– FACT: Despite being outnumbered by whites five to one, blacks commit eight times more crimes against whites than vice-versa, according to FBI statistics from 2007. A black male is 40 times as likely to assault a white person as the reverse. These figures also show that interracial rape is almost exclusively black on white.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Haddock)
    So you know how percentages work, and yet you still think comparing the absolute figures for arrest related deaths of blacks and whites is somehow valid?

Where did I do that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkvibes)
    You're stupid, the UK wont be the fastest growing economy in the western without the skilled immigrants that come into the UK and work in both the service and goods sector. Without them the productive potential of the country would be much lower. You clearly dont know anything about economics, this is basic common knowledge.

Read the context you fool, i said that because the guy i replied to said the UK had open borders.

Dont quote me with your bigoted views, you come here to have a stab at muslims when its completely irrelevant.
    Oh calm down, you'll have a brain aneurysm. I'll quote who I want.

The UK economy, according to wikipedia is at $2.853 trillion and grew at 2.3% in 2015. 2.3% of $2.853 trillion is $65b. Net migration into the UK in 2015 was 323,000.

That means that each migrant would have to have contributed $202,941 (£142,720) per capita/person to create just that surplus of 2.3% ($65b), ignoring the other $2.8 trillion produced to reach 'break even' and prevent a recession.

Very obviously this is not the case. Let's be incredibly generous and say that each migrant contributes $41,787 to the UK economy, which is the UK population's average. 323,000 x $41,787 = $13,497,201,000 = $13 billion.

$13,497,201,000 (maximum potential economic contribution of every migrant in 2015) is just 0.473% of $2.853,000,000,000 (total 2015 British GDP)

So at the very maximum under this incredibly generous assumption we could claim that migration into the UK in 2015 contributed to only 0.5% of total British GDP. In reality we know that migrants don't contribute anywhere near $41,787 per person and as such that percentage, truthfully, is even smaller.

Immigration is hardly the mighty engine of the British economy and you trying to slander me won't make it true. I'm certainly not a bigot and where did I even mention Islam or Muslims in my previous post?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.