Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I went to a private school. AMA. watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    That is true.

The major benefit for the private schools is the flexibility. They are flexible in meeting their students’ needs. However, the state school needs to have a level playing field, with a no-child left behind mantra.

I think the Government’s idea to modifying some failing schools to independent academies may be a good option. Some schools are fighting it, but I think that they are afraid that they will start being held accountable and, as a result, their jobs will become more difficult because they can no longer hide under the guise of the state education system.

I think that some state schools can out-perform private schools, if they are given more independence. If some state schools are performing very well with all the bureaucracy, imagine how awesome they would be with more independence.
    Well every state school is becoming an independent academy so your wish is granted.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    That is true.

The major benefit for the private schools is the flexibility. They are flexible in meeting their students’ needs. However, the state school needs to have a level playing field, with a no-child left behind mantra.

I think the Government’s idea to modifying some failing schools to independent academies may be a good option. Some schools are fighting it, but I think that they are afraid that they will start being held accountable and, as a result, their jobs will become more difficult because they can no longer hide under the guise of the state education system.

I think that some state schools can out-perform private schools, if they are given more independence. If some state schools are performing very well with all the bureaucracy, imagine how awesome they would be with more independence.
    I think every school should try and meet every students needs.
    Also the government is making all schools academies in the future (my school is the only one in the area that isn't a academy already). Schools should have more independence; my school is a business school however the main focus of the school is english and not every student does business studies (or a business subject). If it was more independent I feel it would focus on its speciality.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by megan789)
    I think every school should try and meet every students needs.
    Also the government is making all schools academies in the future (my school is the only one in the area that isn't a academy already). Schools should have more independence; my school is a business school however the main focus of the school is english and not every student does business studies (or a business subject). If it was more independent I feel it would focus on its speciality.
    I agree.

I was just thinking that if some teachers complain about the level of bureaucracy and lack of adequate independence. Then, maybe, it will be better for some schools to become semi-independent or completely independent. Like you wrote, this is to help school administrators to focus the school on its strengths and help students to achieve more based on its strength.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.