Ask Her Majesty's Government – Parliament XXIII

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    In fairness you can't really complain that classical liberalism is winning out if by your own admission you've not been around to create bills that solidify your own position.
    Classical Liberalism FTW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Or, I could stick around and try to stop the Liberal party moving even further to the right.
    I thought you said that you were a true liberal, and yet now you want to stop the party moving that way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Finally moving up in the world after all these years, my love

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    That's three things. Snufkin, it's all there in the legislation we submitted last term. Have a look at the parties manifesto and you can see exactly what we did last term

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Only one was in keeping with the values I mentioned.

Further to the right in what sense? Just interested, because I don't think we've moved

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've seen a rise in anti-EU, anti-immigration, anti-benefits, anti-working poor and pro-neoliberal capitalism sentiment in our party. You will doubtless say that's what liberalism is all about, but I disagree. I can't believe that our newest Liberal MP thinks ex-criminals shouldn't be entitled to certain human rights. It worries me that people with such extremist views join the party in the first place, but something about the Liberals must attract them.

(Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I thought you said that you were a true liberal, and yet now you want to stop the party moving that way?
    It isn't moving that way, that's the point.

ReputationRep:

I've seen a rise in anti-EU, anti-immigration, anti-benefits, anti-working poor and pro-neoliberal capitalism sentiment in our party. You will doubtless say that's what liberalism is all about, but I disagree. I can't believe that our newest Liberal MP thinks ex-criminals shouldn't be entitled to certain human rights. It worries me that people with such extremist views join the party in the first place, but something about the Liberals must attract them.

Not my point, my point is that you seem to be declaring yourself the purest of all the liberals, but want to stop it economically going further in the direction that both classical and neo-liberalism dictate.

ReputationRep:

Ummm, which one would that be then?

We've been split on the EU since before I joined the party. It's nothing new.

Regardless of if there are one or two members that are anti-immigration (though I'm not sure who you're referring to in this case, feel free to PM me) the party as a whole will remain pro-immigration whilst I lead it.

On Benefits, our line hasn't changed much. They should only be there for those that need them, but available for everyone that needs them.

I can't think of anything that demonstrates us being anti-working poor so I'm not even going to bother with that one. Already forgetting 500,000 new council homes?

It's Economic Liberalism. Most of the party are Orange Bookers, what do you expect? I'd like to point out, that Capitalism is LIBERAL.

I disagree with the MP on his point about criminals as does the rest of the party so that plan will not gain any traction. We're the liberal party though and as long as he doesn't attack anyone, he is entitled to that particular view.

One view doesn't suddenly mean you don't fit in with a party you mostly agree with

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Well, Little Toy Gun asked about this yesterday, gents, let me get the swords out.

kill it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Or course. The whole house knows I hold mental health close in my heart. It will continue. :yep:
    I will definitely be checking up RE junior doctor contracts. Can I get an idea of what plans you have to resolve the dispute and whether you support either tendering more health services privately or support the ever increasing costs of the NHS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On the last point, a week or two ago, and we're good now. Talked it and then hugged it out

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Considering what you two talk about on Skype, I would not be surprised if it's more than hugging. I am also interested in knowing what Life_peer has to say about going into coalition with people who do things he has previously said are disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    Considering what you two talk about on Skype, I would not be surprised if it's more than hugging. I am also interested in knowing what Life_peer has to say about going into coalition with people who do things he has previously said are disgusting.
    Oh no, Joe and I have been exposed as homosexual lovers!

No seriously, you're trying to make a stupid point with incorrect information. I didn't realise UKIP were this salty. Go see a Doctor, high levels of salt aren't good for the heart

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think if he can survive being leader of a party including "disgusting" people he can manage leading a government including such people.

ReputationRep:
    Snufkin the Socs would be happy to have you, probably labour and the greens too. You're a lefty moreso than a liberal and it would probably be for the best, you aren't really an asset to them.

ReputationRep:
    Snufkin - we'd love to have you in the Labour Party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    Finally moving up in the world after all these years, my love
    Are you proud of your former apprentice, master? I even managed to turn away from the dark side. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    I will definitely be checking up RE junior doctor contracts. Can I get an idea of what plans you have to resolve the dispute and whether you support either tendering more health services privately or support the ever increasing costs of the NHS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh, I plan to think about that as soon as my exam is over on Friday. I personally think that it's a tricky argument to navigate and no one is ever going to be fully happy with the results.

(I don't like Hunt though and I think he has massively ****ed up).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Tbh, I plan to think about that as soon as my exam is over on Friday. I personally think that it's a tricky argument to navigate and no one is ever going to be fully happy with the results.

(I don't like Hunt though and I think he has massively ****ed up).
    I actually think it's alot simpler, so we may have some disagreement, but yes, very well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    I actually think it's alot simpler, so we may have some disagreement, but yes, very well.
    As a medic in training how do you think it should be solved?

ReputationRep:
    What in particular? That they're lovers? :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by life_peer)
    are you proud of your former apprentice, master? I even managed to turn away from the dark side. :awesome:
    unlimited power!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    What in particular? That they're lovers? :laugh:
    It's not about them being lovers. It's about them talking about wanting to perform various sex acts on each other and on other people. But since you have got into bed with them, I suppose you now support this?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.