Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you say about a 22 year old having feelings for a 16 year old? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    :lol: Lol don't worry.. Some think I'm a guy

Well, why not? If there are exceptions to the rule, then it's up to them. I think it's because the girl is 16. If it was 22 year and 30 year old... It'd be less frowned upon even though there's the age gap and maturity. IMO, as long as she's consenting and happy, who are we to say anything else?
    You're a girl!?!? :gasp:

(Original post by XcitingStuart)
    You're a girl!?!? :gasp:
    Maybe?

I mean, I have a vagina so I'm assuming

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20, and I would personally see a 16 year old girl as a child. Yes, the age difference would not be a problem when I when 24 and she's 20, but right now there would be too much of a difference in maturity, life experience and relationship expectations.

Don't worry OP i'm in year 13 and love a year 10. you're good as long as you don't exploit or manipulate her, though girls are always better than that even if younger haha XD

ReputationRep:
    Stay clear... I'm 17! I know the creepy feeling

ReputationRep:
    It's illegal....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VannR)
    I'm 20, and I would personally see a 16 year old girl as a child. Yes, the age difference would not be a problem when I when 24 and she's 20, but right now there would be too much of a difference in maturity, life experience and relationship expectations.
    I completely agree. I have a younger sister who, when she was 15 - was in a relationship with a 21 year old despite her family's protests. The sad thing is, that even if he and I had fought at the time, I would have been done with assault, and she admitted recently that she would have testified against me and stayed with her boyfriend. The reason why I wouldn't date a 16 or 17 year old personally, is because it could be their firs real relationship whereas typically someone in their 20's has had at least one. Because of this, the younger one often invests so much of themselves into the older one in a bid to impress them and keep them (I know a girl who put a whole in the condom to trap her fella - know what I'm sayin'?) So yeah, I'm not saying b*tches be crazy, I'm just saying the age difference at that age is a vital time for teenagers. and would benefit by sharing their time instead with fellow adolescents who are simultaneously learning the emotional ropes as they go The problem which occurs here is sometimes he younger feels like they are vastly superior to boys their own age, and match a grown man in maturity. That's the argument my sister made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    lol who repped me on this?
    btw what I'm saying is true.
    and more than once with that same guy.
    I did, because I found it funny in context, and being 17, it would be kinda hot / sexy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THE EPIC Panda)
    pedophile
    Nuh-uh uh.

(Original post by XcitingStuart)
    "paedo" please, I'm a staunch patriot when it comes to spelling.

And semantically speaking, it would be "ephebo sympathisers", because paedophiles are people who are attracted to prepubescent children; "prepubescent" being the operative word.

Again, semantics.

ReputationRep:
    wait till shes 18. Her body and mind needs to mature. When you're both adults its more socially acceptable. My parents have a 10 year gap difference and are cousins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proxenus)
    wait till shes 18. Her body and mind needs to mature. When you're both adults its more socially acceptable. My parents have a 10 year gap difference and are cousins.
    The ****?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    The ****?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What?

ReputationRep:
    Nah that's kinda weird, When older lads go for younger girls is usually because girls their own age don't like them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Two people only a year apart in the same stage of life in a non sexual relationship is not remotely comparable to an adult dating a (barely) legal teenager
    You clearly completely missed my point.

ReputationRep:
    What?
    It's the cousins bit mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)
    It's the cousins bit mate.
    I know mate I was wondering why he picked that out mate.

ReputationRep:
    I know mate I was wondering why he picked that out mate.
    ...because your parents are cousins maybe...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol I wouldn't bother with him if I were you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    Lol I wouldn't bother with him if I were you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Reason?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 2, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.