Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tezzaa)
    yup.
    YEP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesskharrisx)
    can anyone remember any answers to questions?! i thought that exam was genuinely horrific
    I'll think of you enjoying your resit whilst I sip champagne surrounding my esteemed fellows preceding polo, c'est la vie!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La_magicienne)
    Yes me too! Did you do the film?

For 'la vie penible' I got 'la galere' meaning chore/pain/hell.
    The first listening I found so hard. All the questions were on really specific topic areas (cloning dogs/electronic bracelets etc) I thought this year!? The translations were a bit mean I thought.

Did anyone else do the metteur en scene question which was something like
    "Analysez les principales influences... A votre avis, est-ce que ces influences sont plus fortes sur les techniques ou les themes?"
    Yes! I got 'la galere' as well and I did the metteur en scene question! I've done Les Choristes, and I loved the question but I feel like I could have answered it a lot better if I had time to structure it a bit better than I did (e.g. influence, how it manifests as a theme, how it manifests as a technique, what I think is stronger)

ReputationRep:

The first listening I found so hard. All the questions were on really specific topic areas (cloning dogs/electronic bracelets etc) I thought this year!? The translations were a bit mean I thought.

"Analysez les principales influences... A votre avis, est-ce que ces influences sont plus fortes sur les techniques ou les themes?"
    Omg i put galere and crossed it out ffs. I did that essay for Stromae!

ReputationRep:
    can anyone remember any answers to questions?! i thought that exam was genuinely horrific
    Completely joking. Worst exam of my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJaneH)
    I put la galère! I did that question too, I did it for La Haine by Kassovitz I hated how many environment questions it had as its my least favourite topic
    Yay!! We've both got one mark in the bag already haha Ah I did Amelie by Jeunet! I said that the influences were stronger on the techniques he used, what about you?

I'm a bit worried I didnt really mention themes as much but I did justify why techniques were more strongly influenced so hopefully it will be okay!?

ReputationRep:

YES that was the question I did!!! I did it on Louis Malle and basically just wrote about his influences, themes and techniques without linking them together because I wasn't sure what the question meant! Somebody please translate it for me and tell me what it was asking??
    (Also yay I wrote la galere)

ReputationRep:
    The synonyms were, la galere, tente, des soins, and la réussite (can't spell right sorry) I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CanadianWarlord)
    I'll think of you enjoying your resit whilst I sip champagne surrounding my esteemed fellows preceding polo, c'est la vie!
    pride comes before a fall...

just saying.

ReputationRep:
    Yay!! We've both got one mark in the bag already haha Ah I did Amelie by Jeunet! I said that the influences were stronger on the techniques he used, what about you?

I'm a bit worried I didnt really mention themes as much but I did justify why techniques were more strongly influenced so hopefully it will be okay!?
    Eyyyy I did Amelie too~

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca30)
    YES that was the question I did!!! I did it on Louis Malle and basically just wrote about his influences, themes and techniques without linking them together because I wasn't sure what the question meant! Somebody please translate it for me and tell me what it was asking??
    (Also yay I wrote la galere)
    I think it means

"Analyse the main influences on the director you have studied. In your opinion, are these influences stronger on the techniques or the themes" - I think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d4rkshines_)
    The synonyms were, la galere, tente, des soins, and la réussite (can't spell right sorry) I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i thought it was medicines because soigner was used in the infinitive wasn't it? as opposed to synonym 'des traitments' but i put all the others so fingers crossed

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got all of those too, yay

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for the reading fill in the gaps, i think i put arbres as the first but it might have been racines.

ReputationRep:
    I think it means

"Analyse the main influences on the director you have studied. In your opinion, are these influences stronger on the techniques or the themes" - I think?
    Damn I didn't answer that at all then lol. Hopefully I won't lose too many marks

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was medicines because soigner was used in the infinitive wasn't it? as opposed to synonym 'des traitments' but i put all the others so fingers crossed
    Maybe? I thought it was treatments and guessed 'soins' and I checked it means care so who knows haha~ Oh well you're probably right:')

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by negin1347)
    What did everyone put for the reading fill in the gaps, i think i put arbres as the first but it might have been racines.
    I put racines That gapfill looked easy at first glance but was actually not that nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by negin1347)
    i put racines because it was talking about acid in the soil i think

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what I had! I'm hoping my listening/reading marks will make up for what I lost in the French to English translation :/
    I mistook 'cuivre' as meaning leather instead of copper (I was thinking 'cuir') and wasn't sure how to phrase the last sentence (something about how anyone could have been in Jamel's position if fate had decided it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca30)
    Damn I didn't answer that at all then lol. Hopefully I won't lose too many marks
    I'm sure it will be okay I found that paper so much harder than all of the past papers, was a bit stunned when I listened to the first listening track

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.