Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why feminism is still relevant in the West watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Matriarchy)
    Signs like these are indirectly stopping them. Do you understand what conditioning is and how much it affects our decisions and outlook?
    Do you honestly have such a low opinion of women that you believe a sign - a SIGN! - would stop them doing what they want to do?

How about this: don't infantilise women.

The entire notion of feminism, in the modern age, is deeply, deeply flawed. Rarely will you come across a modern feminist who doesn't compare women relative to men - women are only x because men are y. That's so regressive, and for a few reasons:

1. Women aren't anything. Women are 32 million independent women, the mere fact that you are placing them into a category labelled 'women' owing to commonality in genitalia is about as bigoted as it gets. It's tantamount to believing every black person is x because they happen to be black.

2. Such a notion - comparing women only as they exist relative to men, which is all modern feminism ever does - is fundamentally flawed, disabling and regressive. It sends women on a path to only being defined as they exist relative to men. It suggests that women are NOTHING unless compared relative to men, which I suspect is how many a feminist feels (largely owing to a self-esteem crisis).

It's reflect in women trying to be men 2.0 across all facets of popular culture, which is in itself insulting to men, and insulting to women. For all feminists supposedly hate masculinity, they lack any ability to conceptualise of femininity beyond the existence of masculinity.

3. Feminism has become nothing more than a socially acceptable religion, predicated on beliefs rather than logical thought processes. Every single legal right has been extended to women (with the exception of serving on the front line), as has full equality of opportunity. All that's left is for feminists to squabble over that which is beyond the realms of observation: interpretation of what does or does not amount to 'equality.'

The 'equality' myth is the biggest façade in this entire enterprise (feminism is an enterprise, it makes £billions every year - when equality becomes a matter of what any single individual (amongst 64 million individuals) perceives 'equality' to be, it becomes nothing other than a perpetual struggle with the only point of arbitration being the interpretation of any given individual as to what does or does not amount to equality.

Then again, that's what they want - with the perpetual struggle towards the unachievable goal of equality by interpretation, equality will never, ever be realised. As it will never be realised, they can continue to cherry-pick outcomes, distributions, or slants which they perceive to make them unequal, to keep them in jobs, public sector contracts, charity contributions and donations, select committees, etc. They can keep pitting men off against women for the ultimate end purpose: the complete destruction of any meaningful relationship between the sexes.

Gender has always been a proxy for class warfare, much like ethnicity, sexuality and religion. It's about amassing political capital and guilting and shaming the only segment of the population willing to put up with it, owing to a rapidly diminishing sense of responsibility to what was once perceived of as the 'fairer sex.'

ReputationRep:
    The left need something to moan about, their whole ideology is based on changing the system instead of changing themselves. They will constantly attack and try to change the system on things that do not even exist. Its why you should let them shout and just ignore them

ReputationRep:
    Feminism is a bi-product of a successful society. Attention seeking, privileged woman who need something to moan about.

ReputationRep:
    We won boyz, let's celebrate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louisb19)
    We won boyz, let's celebrate.
    This isn't something to win or lose I'm just going to sleep so I will respond to all the ignorance tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louisb19)
    The thing I've never understood about feminism is how it only concerns itself with issues where women are at the disadvantage.

Never heard a feminist talk about why I have to stay on the Titanic while the women and children get to live lmao.

I also wonder about the millions of men which have died throughout history in wars while the women stay at home. I would gladly switch places.
    Don't you know that 'women are the primary victims of war. Women lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat'

ReputationRep:
    This isn't something to win or lose I'm just going to sleep so I will respond to all the ignorance tomorrow.
    You're going to respond to yourself

ReputationRep:
    "Respond to all the ignorance" - and another feminazi flower was bloomed.

ReputationRep:
    https://youtu.be/m8eVe0Skigo

This is so true

ReputationRep:
    Feminism/the Suffragette movement were probably sone of the most damaging social phenomena ever to have happened to european society. Mind you the Catholic bits of Europe are a reminder of the societies we should have held on to, and it is pretty telling that crisis hit Spain has a considerably healthier societal fabric of our own because they haven't completely trashed the nuclear family/the white heterosexual male.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Don't you know that 'women are the primary victims of war. Women lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat'
    Ok come on this is a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Ok come on this is a joke.
    That is a quote from hilary Clinton.

Not my beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    That is a quote from hilary Clinton.

Not my beliefs.
    Phew. Hillary is a idiot

ReputationRep:
    You my think this is a joke thread, but my SU actually did this. A post went up of one of the SU members vandalizing a sign so it would say people at work.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    'People working overhead'
    It already does say that...

"Men" used in this way referring specifically to males only really came about a few decades when waste of space, unintelligent feminists decided it referred to men rather than being an impersonal pronoun for people in general, as it had been for over a thousand years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImmunetoShaming)
    Do you honestly have such a low opinion of women that you believe a sign - a SIGN! - would stop them doing what they want to do?

How about this: don't infantilise women.

The entire notion of feminism, in the modern age, is deeply, deeply flawed. Rarely will you come across a modern feminist who doesn't compare women relative to men - women are only x because men are y. That's so regressive, and for a few reasons:

1. Women aren't anything. Women are 32 million independent women, the mere fact that you are placing them into a category labelled 'women' owing to commonality in genitalia is about as bigoted as it gets. It's tantamount to believing every black person is x because they happen to be black.

2. Such a notion - comparing women only as they exist relative to men, which is all modern feminism ever does - is fundamentally flawed, disabling and regressive. It sends women on a path to only being defined as they exist relative to men. It suggests that women are NOTHING unless compared relative to men, which I suspect is how many a feminist feels (largely owing to a self-esteem crisis).

It's reflect in women trying to be men 2.0 across all facets of popular culture, which is in itself insulting to men, and insulting to women. For all feminists supposedly hate masculinity, they lack any ability to conceptualise of femininity beyond the existence of masculinity.

3. Feminism has become nothing more than a socially acceptable religion, predicated on beliefs rather than logical thought processes. Every single legal right has been extended to women (with the exception of serving on the front line), as has full equality of opportunity. All that's left is for feminists to squabble over that which is beyond the realms of observation: interpretation of what does or does not amount to 'equality.'

The 'equality' myth is the biggest façade in this entire enterprise (feminism is an enterprise, it makes £billions every year - when equality becomes a matter of what any single individual (amongst 64 million individuals) perceives 'equality' to be, it becomes nothing other than a perpetual struggle with the only point of arbitration being the interpretation of any given individual as to what does or does not amount to equality.

Then again, that's what they want - with the perpetual struggle towards the unachievable goal of equality by interpretation, equality will never, ever be realised. As it will never be realised, they can continue to cherry-pick outcomes, distributions, or slants which they perceive to make them unequal, to keep them in jobs, public sector contracts, charity contributions and donations, select committees, etc. They can keep pitting men off against women for the ultimate end purpose: the complete destruction of any meaningful relationship between the sexes.

Gender has always been a proxy for class warfare, much like ethnicity, sexuality and religion. It's about amassing political capital and guilting and shaming the only segment of the population willing to put up with it, owing to a rapidly diminishing sense of responsibility to what was once perceived of as the 'fairer sex.'
    Outstanding post....and I'm loving your name BTW. 😊

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.