Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A+Hunter)
    Something like summarise 2 aspects of the journey that she could remember in lines 1-8
    Hi, I mentioned that her brothers were upset and crying and distressed and that her mum was singing trying to listen the spirit. What did you put?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allybally1)
    Hi, I mentioned that her brothers were upset and crying and distressed and that her mum was singing trying to listen the spirit. What did you put?
    I done that her brothers were upset and then I talked about how she felt anxious moving to a new country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allybally1)

yeah I put something like that as well and mentioned that the mum saw opportunity but the kids add didn't

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do the geography exam today? How did they find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rebeccahughes15)
    Did anyone do the geography exam today? How did they find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I did it! Was okay how did u find it?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was a great paper 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Out of curiosity, did anyone here do their critical essay on 'At the Bar' by William mclvanney?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was a great paper 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really! I'm normally good at geography but i thought it was harder than usual! Harder than last years paper! The weather questions was difficult I felt. What part did u don hard? X

ReputationRep:
    It was harder than last years paper Defo! I found the one when you had to label the ABC, with the football stadium, docks etc hard. And the worldwide death rate one hard, but the rest was pretty good tbh 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    does anyone else feel like they didn't write alot in paper two

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studyranger)
    does anyone else feel like they didn't write alot in paper two
    I wrote too much lol I even had to ask for extra paper but some people in my school left the exam hall early implying that they didn't write much. I think it's more about what you write rather than how long it is.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote 11 pages in Paper Two, and my writing is all crammed together (maybe around half a finger space?), so I think I wrote quite a bit. I was also among the last 20 or so to leave the hall. Someone even left 50 minutes before the exam ended. I wasn't even on my critical essay yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salenite)
    I wrote 11 pages in Paper Two, and my writing is all crammed together (maybe around half a finger space?), so I think I wrote quite a bit. I was also among the last 20 or so to leave the hall. Someone even left 50 minutes before the exam ended. I wasn't even on my critical essay yet
    I have written 12 pages out of 17 but my handwriting is average to small.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone agree that the English paper was the best one so far out of 2014 and 2015?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ___Sophie___)
    I wrote too much lol I even had to ask for extra paper but some people in my school left the exam hall early implying that they didn't write much. I think it's more about what you write rather than how long it is.
    Quality over quantity

But I think I'm being a bit of a hypocrite, Because I wrote about 10 pages for my critical essay on Paula Brown lool...

Anyone agree that the English paper was the best one so far out of 2014 and 2015?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Only time will tell lol.

It did feel like it, But again, only time will tell.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd say it was the best for close reading and mabye also essay but definitely the worst for our Scottish text (Edwin Morgan)

ReputationRep:
    I'd say it was the best for close reading and mabye also essay but definitely the worst for our Scottish text (Edwin Morgan)
    What didn't you like about the Edwin Morgan questions? Just wondering as I also studied Edwin Morgan and found the questions quite fair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aidan.15)
    What didn't you like about the Edwin Morgan questions? Just wondering as I also studied Edwin Morgan and found the questions quite fair
    Good Friday was the poem we were taught the least, I tried to look online but there weren't many resources for good Friday compared to the other poems for some reason so it was the poem I was least prepared for.
    I would've been happy with any other poem. I didn't like a couple of the questions, I think it was one of the word choice questions perhaps and also the last question, I'm not sure if I chose the correct human issue.
    Hopefully I'll still do well
    What did you put for the last question?

ReputationRep:
    Good Friday was the poem we were taught the least, I tried to look online but there weren't many resources for good Friday compared to the other poems for some reason so it was the poem I was least prepared for.
    I would've been happy with any other poem. I didn't like a couple of the questions, I think it was one of the word choice questions perhaps and also the last question, I'm not sure if I chose the correct human issue.
    Hopefully I'll still do well
    What did you put for the last question?
    Well I was confident at the time about the last question but now I'm not so confident after hearing how other people answered it.. Suppose I'll just have to wait now
    I wrote about the lack of education within working class society for Good Friday (analysed 1 quote) then compared this to the issue of how people with disabilities are viewed in At the Snack Bar (analysed 2 quotes).

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    Anyone else do Tally's Blood and/or Lord of the Flies?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.