Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TRAnders)
    This is bad to say but I am so glad that everyone struggled with Q2 its making me feel a little more confident about it. I was glad it was a letter because is messed up in November when it was a speech. However the text was unbelievably dull and I also found it hard to understand. Had to read it through about 3 or 4 times just to get the general idea of the the passage. Did any one give a name to Mr Head? His initials where M.R Head right? I called him michael :3 and said that I was euphoric when he left, not sure if thats gonna convince the examiner, but hey! at least I squeezed euphoric in there!
    When it was a letter I was so happy...

ReputationRep:
    This is bad to say but I am so glad that everyone struggled with Q2 its making me feel a little more confident about it. I was glad it was a letter because is messed up in November when it was a speech. However the text was unbelievably dull and I also found it hard to understand. Had to read it through about 3 or 4 times just to get the general idea of the the passage. Did any one give a name to Mr Head? His initials where M.R Head right? I called him michael :3 and said that I was euphoric when he left, not sure if thats gonna convince the examiner, but hey! at least I squeezed euphoric in there!
    Same, if most people had low marks, they may bring the grade boundaries down.I didn't understand passage A and it took me so long to even work out who Maria was. Am i the only one who had to read the text 3 or more times to find out who Maria was and what her part in the text was ?

I thought M.R Head was Maria Head

ReputationRep:
    Same as me haha i couldnt work it out, but i found the paper not too bad afterwards

ReputationRep:
    For Q2: Was an effect of some of the quotes, for example "entrancing",that is showed how effective Maria's writing was?

ReputationRep:
    Q1: Great, got good overall points and make some decent developments I feel, 15/20 at most.

Q2: Completely screwed up, didn't get the overall effects for half of the words, 7/10 at most.

Q3: Lovely question, most confident that I achieved the bulk of my marks here, 16/20 at most.

Predicted Marks: 38/50

ReputationRep:
    Is my school thw only one that told us to answer q3 then q1 and then q2 so you dont miss out on the easiest marks? 🙈

ReputationRep:
    Bloomin hell, I hope M.R Head wasn't Maria :P O well I suppose Mr Head could be called Michael anyways :/
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Bloomin hell, I hope M.R Head wasn't Maria :P O well I suppose Mr Head could be called Michael anyways :/
    I said it was....

https://imgur.com/a/zHXfq#qAU67nG

ReputationRep:
    I believe his name was ****, although in my response i called him richard...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else looked at the unofficial mark scheme like DAYUUUUMN I ACED IT. Also for q2 the bit wuth laced and trees and stuff... I wad explaining shoe laces 😂 XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuna)
    Anyone else looked at the unofficial mark scheme like DAYUUUUMN I ACED IT. Also for q2 the bit wuth laced and trees and stuff... I wad explaining shoe laces 😂 XD
    Do you have a link to this ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeAntonyBrown)
    I said it was....

https://imgur.com/a/zHXfq#qAU67nG

the link dont work..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NAILFISH007)
    Do you have a link to this ?
    the link for the unofficial markscheme
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4058147

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dizzy daisy)
    the link for the unofficial markscheme
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4058147
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhianmaghie)
    the link dont work..
    That is because it was a leaked image of the paper, it was deleted from the website and 'doesn't exist anymore'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuna)
    Looking at the unofficial mark scheme I think I did way better than I thought I did! Hopefully it's enough for an A my dream of getting an A* was shattered after figuring out what the hell the passage was on about hahaha!
    The only thing I did different from most people is that for bp3 in q1 I wrote that maria (me) is going to teach the husband a lesson and that he should think about other peoples opinions etc and wrote nothing to do with staying in the hospital, going out to town, playing with the cat while drinking mint tea etc!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I royally ****ed up this exam. So I accidently made the letter to the hotel manager ((don't ask how!!!)) .. Am I going to lose all 20 marks for that?

ReputationRep:
    Yh i called him pete.

ReputationRep:
    Question 1 was alright, enjoyed the passage actually. I did ramble on a bit though. Question 2 was okay, I just seemed to have way too many ideas and wrote WAY too much (over a page over word limit ) and for Question 3 I mucked it up a bit. I had 15 minutes to do all of Q3, so quickly found as many points as possible (left 2 bullets blank) and wrote pretty much what I needed to (but obviously did not summarize the full 15 bullets).

ReputationRep:
    do u lose marks if you write over limit? If so, how many?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.