Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE OCR Religious Studies 2016 Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilyflowerxoxo)
    What do you think the grade boundaries will be for E1 and E2?
    Isn't it always 60% C, 70% B, 80% A and 90% A*?

If not, I'll assume it would be quite high

ReputationRep:
    Hello! New to forum and looking for help. Can anyone remember what the 2 mark question was about contraception? Got a horrible feeling I may have Mi's read!! HELP!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Offmyrocker)
    Hello! New to forum and looking for help. Can anyone remember what the 2 mark question was about contraception? Got a horrible feeling I may have Mi's read!! HELP!!
    State two reasons why Hindus may allow contraception.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for replying. I answered the Christian section but presume it would have been the same! Couldn't remember if it was would or wouldn't!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Offmyrocker)
    Thank you for replying. I answered the Christian section but presume it would have been the same! Couldn't remember if it was would or wouldn't!!
    Yeah the question on all the religions are the same. For that I put to improve a relationship which is right, but for the second one I put as a test, may be too vague...

ReputationRep:
    Well that exam was...interesting! I'm hoping philosophy goes better!

ReputationRep:
    I only left one line between each full question and then left no lines between my section a),b),c)d)e) etc do you think that's ok or will that get my paper not marked???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace143)
    Guys does it matter that I didn't leave a line between my answers?!
    didn't leave a line either, like not even between the abcde parts of questions I'm really worried as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophieadams135)
    didn't leave a line either, like not even between the abcde parts of questions I'm really worried as well!
    Yeah I didn't leave a line even between a b c etc either, but I'm sure it will be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace143)
    Yeah I didn't leave a line even between a b c etc either, but I'm sure it will be fine
    Why is everyone worried about that?! Not that I did it. The examiner marks it computerised. For example, if you were on question 2e and did only 3 lines, then moved on to question 8e and finished that, you can put 3e under 8e and the scanner would sort everything out! Although if you do write big so the lines would over lap on each question it would be difficult for them to mark. However, I think you're ok!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faizanasif)
    Isn't it always 60% C, 70% B, 80% A and 90% A*?

If not, I'll assume it would be quite high
    Not quite that high for A* or A.
    An A* is more like just over 80% (I think), and an A is like just over 70% (I think)

ReputationRep:
    #OCREthics on Twitter is so relevant to me after that exam...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaskomal)
    It was good! The question about societies affect on role of women through me off a bit..what did you write for this?
    Just about equality meaning their role is a lot more prominent, including their role in Church becoming more important. That makes the RCC look unjust as they believe that women should remain "silent in Church" and "obey" their husbands etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishan_2000)
    Not quite that high for A* or A.
    An A* is more like just over 80% (I think), and an A is like just over 70% (I think)
    My teacher says it hardly ever changes as the questions they set are all very similar, but different wording

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HouseOfRichman)
    Just about equality meaning their role is a lot more prominent, including their role in Church becoming more important. That makes the RCC look unjust as they believe that women should remain "silent in Church" and "obey" their husbands etc
    Yeah that was a nice question. Supported by when Paul says women should remain silent in the Church and cover their heads. And also Genesis where Adam was made first, and Eve was made as a companion for Adam. She was also made from Adam's ribs. If I don't get full marks on that, I'd be annoyed as I wrote a page on that!

ReputationRep:
    I wrote on the front of my booklet that I had used 9 booklets thinking it was pages! (Doh!) The examiner only mentioned that it was 1 that we needed to write when we got the second paper so I couldn't change it! Will this be a huge problem because I can't help but worry!

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't the question why they wouldn't allow contraception?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heardmanator)
    I wrote on the front of my booklet that I had used 9 booklets thinking it was pages! (Doh!) The examiner only mentioned that it was 1 that we needed to write when we got the second paper so I couldn't change it! Will this be a huge problem because I can't help but worry!
    Don't worry! The examiner or the person who scans the papers in tot the computer would know you've made a mistake. Who in the world can write 9 booklets of 10 pages in 1 hour? :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViscountViktor)
    Wasn't the question why they wouldn't allow contraception?
    The part b question? No, it was the opposite!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 27, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.