Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a Muslim guy and I had a relationship with an Atheist girl. AMA. Watch

(Original post by Serine Soul)
    Tbh you can pull of that kind of relationship for your parents if the atheist is brown, ex-muslim and has a general knowledge of cultural and religious norms etc (and doesn't mind participating in religious celebrations)
    Errr, she's white, probably rarely interacted with muslims and didn't know a ridiculous amount about my culture/religion unfortunately.... Hence the failure... I reckon we could've pulled it off if we kept talking and she happened to be Christian rather than Atheist :/ It would be difficult but entirely possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    What they don't know won't hurt them ygm
    fair enough i could personally never do that i wouldn't want to hide things from boy's parents i would want to be 100% open

(Original post by otester)
    Is that out of fear or because you genuinely believe in it?
    Genuinely 100% believe in it... I don't have much to fear.. I believe in Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Errr, she's white, probably rarely interacted with muslims and didn't know a ridiculous amount about my culture/religion unfortunately.... Hence the failure... I reckon we could've pulled it off if we kept talking and she happened to be Christian rather than Atheist :/ It would be difficult but entirely possible
    i think its just as well that u ended it mate u were not allowed to get married to her anyway and your belief if u are muslim is that u would have to convert her before marrying her so really like what was the point lol

ReputationRep:
    Well there is one "true" sharia law and thats the one that our traditional scholars have formed. The countries claiming to implement what they call "Sharia Law" are not implementing it correctly. A true Sharia is not influenced by culture, only Islamic tradition.

And thanks very much genuinely means a lot
    The problem is that your 'traditional' scholars started to disagree on the true law pretty much as soon as Muhammad was in the grave. There were serious ideological conflicts from the earliest days of Islam, and most have not been resolved to this day.

Just consider the rationalist vs. traditionalist argument on the simple question of whether the Quran is uncreated and one with Allah or whether it is created by Allah.

Contrary to what you are claiming there is no one true sharia law, but at least five different schools.

Ah, yeah, I guess so.

(Original post by MevMev)
    fair enough i could personally never do that i wouldn't want to hide things from boy's parents i would want to be 100% open
    Lol you're marrying the boy, not his parents. They don't need to know everything about you tbh

true that mate i understand totally... you wouldn't want to feel like your coercing her to sin as well as yourself- however my view is that if u really like the muslim girl and u date her with the aim of getting to know her better rather than have any sexual contact and then after a few years make it completely halaal by marrying her- thats not so bad ya know
    Yeah, a lot of my friends did that.. it's never really worked out for them.. I think itd be more difficult to date a Muslim girl due to parent issues... most muslim parents are extremely strict in that sense

i think its just as well that u ended it mate u were not allowed to get married to her anyway and your belief if u are muslim is that u would have to convert her before marrying her so really like what was the point lol
    Yeah I think exactly the same thing now, but if it had lasted longer maybe she'd find out more about Islam as a way of life? She expressed interest in Islam as a religion but this was towards the end of our relationship

(Original post by Sir Fox)
    The problem is that your 'traditional' scholars started to disagree on the true law pretty much as soon as Muhammad was in the grave. There were serious ideological conflicts from the earliest days of Islam, and most have not been resolved to this day.

Just consider the rationalist vs. traditionalist argument on the simple question of whether the Quran is uncreated and one with Allah or whether it is created by Allah.

Contrary to what you are claiming there is no one true sharia law, but at least five different schools.
    And our Prophet left some clear instructions regarding that: "Follow the way of the majority" along with several other similar sayings. And Yes there were some serious ideological conflicts but there is always ALWAYS room for a difference of opinion in Islam. Some are valid and some are invalid. That is again determined by an agreement amongst the scholars. With regards to the ideological conflict, the group who initiated the question are currently non-existent because the ideology was disproven.

And Sharia Law is made to accomodate all the different schools. The different schools of thought have never conflicted enough to say "You are wrong. We are right". Differences of opinion exist and are accepted.. You do unfortunately need to do a bit more research on Islam.

Did you not read the post that you just replied to? xDI didn't bang her :/
    LOL so you wish you banged her when you had the chance?

LOL so you wish you banged her when you had the chance?
    No I don't. I'm glad it didn't go any further... :/

ReputationRep:
    Was she fit?

Sad that it didn't work out for you. What have you learnt from your relationship? Any regrets? Do you think it will be easy for you to forget her and move on in future?

What's your opinion on a Muslim girl dating an Atheist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Mashallah brother, convert those evil atheists slowly but surely.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3...5esko1_500.gif

change your title to "muslim guy dates a christian". @OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shafy97)
    Was she fit?
    of course

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaminiZindagi)
    No. Sunnis contradict each other all the time
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    lol i was drunk

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    lol i was drunk

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ummm... okay then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    Ummm... okay then...
    but it is kinda true tough:smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    but it is kinda true tough:smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You support Bashar Al-Asad?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.