Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobby21231)
    Here our my answers for the questions I remember for people to compare to. This was the hardest paper I have ever done.
    Surds question -1/4 +3/4root5
    Circles tangents first one 2x-20 and second one 2x+10 and radius r<2 (but I'm sure this is wrong)
    Substitution quadratic 1/16 and 81
    Last question 18root27/12 this is equivalent to 27 hopefully I will still get full marks
    Indices 2^-6 and 2^13/3
    Discriminant k< something or k>5
    Transformation (x-2)^2(3-x) and stretch parallel to the y axis by scale factor 1/2 (don't think these are right)
    Coefficient of x^3 is -10
    I'll add more when I remmber them
    Translation I got x^2(5-x) and I think the r question was 0<r<3√5-5

ReputationRep:
    I really hope so, I completely messed up the last question and think I have lost around 6 marks for the rest of the paper, hoping for a boundary around 56 to be sure of an A

ReputationRep:
    Made such a stupid mistake for got that M1 x M2 = -1, so my equation of the tangent was wrong

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone get for the Y coordinate of the normal to the curve? maybe question 8 or 9 I can't remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlfieH)
    Yeah I thought I got both of them wrong how about the others did u get the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liv_hadley99)
    what did everyone get for the Y coordinate of the normal to the curve? maybe question 8 or 9 I can't remember
    I got 50.25 how about you

ReputationRep:
    201/4...

ReputationRep:
    I got root 20 for that question

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember the equation they got for the translation ?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the indices question how did people get Indices 2^-6. Surely 2^5 divided by 2^7 +2^-2 therefore 1/4. I think you are wrong

ReputationRep:
    I got r < or equal to 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This thread has given me so much hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by julesaquilina)
    I said that at the point (could be B? The one with the h) i said the one with the h would have a steeper gradient than at point A but i wasnt sure
    Yeah I just said it was a positive gradient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrCoolVille)
    For the indices question how did people get Indices 2^-6. Surely 2^5 divided by 2^7 +2^-2 therefore 1/4. I think you are wrong
    It was all to the power of 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobby21231)
    Yeah I thought I got both of them wrong how about the others did u get the same
    no bobby is right, go to https://www.desmos.com/calculator and copy/paste y=x^2\left(3-x\right) and y=\left(x-2\right)^2\left(5-x\right) into the left side.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I just said it was a positive gradient.
    You had to comment on the fact that at A, h=0, and as the gradient is 20 + 2h, the gradient at A is 20.At least I think so!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember the exact question for second part of indices the one like 5*4^... etc i can't remember it

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody remember the question to do with points A and B? It was y=2x^2 and A was h and B was h+5... that's all I remember. There was a proof question to prove the gradient was something?
    What did you get for the equation of the normal to the tangent at A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackA123)
    201/4...
    I got that too!! Wasnt sure of it though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.