Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR Twenty First Century Science Physics P1-7 *Official Thread 2016* Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmgaic)
    I was thinking the same for some of them, including the digital/analogue waves about how noise affects it (it does affect both, but digital can be cleaned up)
    That was my thinking exactly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wisdom2)
    Alright test! Some parts easy, some parts hard and confusing!

For the 2nd six marker question who got a power of 307.2?
    me thnk god

ReputationRep:
    did anyone get 0.05 Kwh for one of the calculation questions?

ReputationRep:
    And yes, i too got 307.2 for 2nd 6 marker

ReputationRep:
    i put 310 just to round it up to a more rounded figure, should this be fine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sum Ting)
    I got this also (because 1kWh = 1000 W therefore you had to divide the power by 1000 and convert the time into hours)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I got 180 what did I do wrong??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    I got 180 what did I do wrong??
    i got 180 too it waant joules so i thought u had to do 600 * 60 * 5 which is 180000 and 180kwh
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LokiiR)
    i got 180 too it waant joules so i thought u had to do 600 * 60 * 5 which is 180000 and 180kwh
    Yeah they were exactly the answers I got!

ReputationRep:
    I got that but I now don't see how it can be right. If the drill used 0.6kW in 5 minutes (1/12 of an hour) then it can't be 0.05kWh, as that's less used in an hour than 5 minutes, or am I doing something wrong here?

ReputationRep:
    Kwh is energy transferred which is 0.6 (kw) times hours (h)- its 5 minutes so is 1/12th of an hour- u multiply and get 0.05kwh

ReputationRep:
    Kwh is energy transferred which is 0.6 (kw) times hours (h)- its 5 minutes so is 1/12th of an hour- u multiply and get 0.05kwh
    Yep!

ReputationRep:
    That's what I did and what I put but it didn't seem to make sense

ReputationRep:
    I have very brief notes on P1-6 which I can PM you if you like? They're by no means very good but they might help a little? Also do you have a revision guide?
    Can you pm me some notes on p4-6 thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Hey Ben could you post or pm me notes like these but for additional physics so p4-6 please and any you might have for additional chemistry c4-6 if you do
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Char4ncubex)
    Can you pm me some notes on p4-6 thanks x
    Done - they're in the format I make notes in so sorry if it's a little confusing

ReputationRep:
    In the last six marker, I mentioned about loads of primary sources, said issues and advantages ( including renewables) and then came to a conclusion, it that alright?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MezmorisedPotato)
    In the last six marker, I mentioned about loads of primary sources, said issues and advantages ( including renewables) and then came to a conclusion, it that alright?
    In all honesty I can't remember what the question was or what I wrote, but it sounds pretty good to me

ReputationRep:
    Done - they're in the format I make notes in so sorry if it's a little confusing
    Thanks very much x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Char4ncubex)
    Hey Ben could you post or pm me notes like these but for additional physics so p4-6 please and any you might have for additional chemistry c4-6 if you do
    Will do, I think I have them for all sciences, 1-7 if I remember correctly

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.