Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shanie_e)
    For the essay in question 8, I didn't mention El Nino, do you think they would take marks off? I talked about the three Milankovich cycles, sunspots and volcanic activity and mentioned the timescales, but I'm worried that I'll be marked down for not including El Nino.
    I didn't mention it either but I assume you don't need to mention every point on the mark scheme to get a good mark. I assume you won't just get the marks rather than marks being taken away.

ReputationRep:
    I cannot believe megacity sustainability was q10 I always thought we learnt about just cities wtf Los Angeles u didnt help me with ur shading areas thanks to vegetation

ReputationRep:
    I ended up doing question 7, realised I wasn't linking back to figure 7, then went back to add stuff to it. I'm pretty sure I mentioned the Philippines and California on both the 10 and 15 with a bit of Africa in the 10 and Haiti in the 15.

To be fair I need to get almost full marks in this paper, because I'm likely to flop Unit 2 on friday.

ReputationRep:
    For the roots question i had a bit of a nightmare! Started talking about youthful population in London and older in Devon😊

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing edexcel, I did the Question 8 for the essay and I talking about all the natural causes and ENSO and El nino, but didn't mention La nina. would i lose marks?
    How was the exam for everyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shanie_e)
    For the essay in question 8, I didn't mention El Nino, do you think they would take marks off? I talked about the three Milankovich cycles, sunspots and volcanic activity and mentioned the timescales, but I'm worried that I'll be marked down for not including El Nino.
    I did the same question and i didn't write about El nino either? I didn't realise that it was natural climate change, thought they were just a natural weather pattern event. I wrote about the same as you and i think thats what they were looking for no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajamal)
    Anyone doing edexcel, I did the Question 8 for the essay and I talking about all the natural causes and ENSO and El nino, but didn't mention La nina. would i lose marks?
    How was the exam for everyone?
    Were they not asking for factors such as sunspot theory, Milankovich cycles and volcanic eruptions? Thats what i wrote about

ReputationRep:
    Is there anywhere i can find an unofficial mark scheme? Link me if you know please, Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tymitch)
    Were they not asking for factors such as sunspot theory, Milankovich cycles and volcanic eruptions? Thats what i wrote about
    Yeah those are natural causes too, it's fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajamal)
    Yeah those are natural causes too, it's fine!
    Oh okay phew got so worried, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do question 10? I did that one because I found it easy, although i had just learned about Curitiba today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankit.B)
    it was 0.3 cos on the y axis the difference was 0.5 per peice of data ie 1.5 to 2.0 hence the difference can only be 0.3 as it was in the same 0.5 range and all the other options were greater than 0.5
    I got 0.3 as well for the same reasons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kgeth)
    I got 0.3 as well for the same reasons
    The range is the highest value minus the lowest value... so the answer is 1.3

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do Q9 for the essays? About switched on and switched off places!

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yea I did I spoke about China being switched on and Gambia being switched off

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.