Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ninjasrule)
    Ahh fair enough!
    Oooh Copenhagen's nice, I'm sure you'll love it there. Bit chilly in winter though!

In Korea I'd get to go to:
    • Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
    • Ewha University
    • Sookmyung Women's University
    • Kyung Hee University
    • Busan National University
    I'm hoping to go to Kyung Hee - the campus is really pretty ngl - search it on Google! Only thing is that the rent is expensive with all of these places
    You can't work on a student visa in Korea so I'm going to have to save up if I go - I can't get bursaries from my uni because I live on the Isle of Man, sigh.
    I think I'd be going in the spring, which is good. And OH MY GOD, THAT CAMPUS IS BEAUTIFUL. TAKE ME THERE IN YOUR SUITCASE WHEN YOU GO. You might be able to get a grant from your university, you never know . . . And that sucks, I didn't realised the Isle of Man was excluded from bursaries etc.

What are the entry requirements for your course?

ReputationRep:
    university of sheffield, studying accounting and finance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    I think I'd be going in the spring, which is good. And OH MY GOD, THAT CAMPUS IS BEAUTIFUL. TAKE ME THERE IN YOUR SUITCASE WHEN YOU GO. You might be able to get a grant from your university, you never know . . . And that sucks, I didn't realised the Isle of Man was excluded from bursaries etc.

What are the entry requirements for your course?
    Hehehehe, I know right! A load of Korean celebs go there though, so campus is always crowded when they're performing or going to/coming from campus.
    We literally can't get anything apart from Tuition Loan and Maintenance Grants, any bursaries we get over £4k are deducted from our grant :/
    If we get a job, the pay also gets deducted from our grant... kinda unfair but hey ho that's life. Guess I'm gonna have to open up a couple of student accounts and make use of the overdraft.

280 UCAS points - I'm doing 4 A-Levels so could technically get CCDD and still go ahah. How about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    Good stuff.

Have you heard back about accommodation yet? I applied in April when I firmed the offer but nothing so far.
    I have heard back and got offered opal court but thats because i applied in like january time, it took them about 2 months to process it
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ninjasrule)
    Hehehehe, I know right! A load of Korean celebs go there though, so campus is always crowded when they're performing or going to/coming from campus.
    We literally can't get anything apart from Tuition Loan and Maintenance Grants, any bursaries we get over £4k are deducted from our grant :/
    If we get a job, the pay also gets deducted from our grant... kinda unfair but hey ho that's life. Guess I'm gonna have to open up a couple of student accounts and make use of the overdraft.

280 UCAS points - I'm doing 4 A-Levels so could technically get CCDD and still go ahah. How about yourself?
    That sounds like an amazing place to study at! And that's so frustrating, I didn't know you guys had it so bad . . .

I'm sure you'll get the grades! I need ABB for Liverpool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying Fine Art at Central Saint Martins, University of the Arts London!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.