Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurenloops)
    In evaluations, do we have to have at least one positive and one negative, or can they be all either positive or negative? Because for some of my revision notes, i've only been learning negatives and it's only just occurred to me :/ Like for Zimbardo, could I just use 3 in-depth evaluation points about how there could have been demand characteristics, bad ethics and Reicher and Haslam finding opposite findings (Obviously putting much more detail than that) and it would be enough to get high marks? Or do i need at least one advantage point as well?
    No, evaluations are usually a critique of the study.
    They can be positive or negative, but more often than not, negative. It links in with falsifying (trying to prove things wrong).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Findlay6)
    Social roles
    generalise
    controlled observation
    variables
    ecological validity
    unethical
    observer bias.

Look at a mark scheme. You won't get higher than 6 marks if you don't include technical or psychological language.
    I'm a teacher, trust me
    Oh I get you, I would have included most of those but that was just simplified. Most evaluation points can get away with saying 'cannot be generalised to general population'' or 'lacks ecological validity' and considering most studies we use have near enough the same points they are fairly easy to remember

if anyone struggles to remember try using Loopa's method GRENADE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by not_lucas1)
    Oh I get you, I would have included most of those but that was just simplified. Most evaluation points can get away with saying 'cannot be generalised to general population'' or 'lacks ecological validity' and considering most studies we use have near enough the same points they are fairly easy to remember

if anyone struggles to remember try using Loopa's method GRENADE
    I'm aware of how to evaluate, I teach it.

If you'e going to help other students, be thorough - it'll secure your understanding too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Findlay6)
    I'm aware of how to evaluate, I teach it.

If you'e going to help other students, be thorough - it'll secure your understanding too.
    that right there is one savage reply

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else think paper 2 seems much easier than paper 1 in regards to topics?
    Paper 2 is harder to be honest but the biopsychology of it is pretty simple as we must have learnt all that at GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    can someone sum up the sign test - the steps on how to do it
    Sign Test:

Savage, but at least I'm trying to help
    Name:  5.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  94.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    Won't the sign test come up in Paper 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.chantele)
    i was told earlier that paper 2 has a section dedicated to research methods but it can come up in paper 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.chantele)
    Yes.
    Research methods will appear mostly in paper 2, but it can crop up in paper 1 too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goal101)
    Are these all likely to come up? For Tomorrow's paper ??
    The 12 marker being on types of LTM ?
    What's SS? Sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    These are predictions yes and types of LTM could be a 12 marker or just a smaller question. SS=strange situation

ReputationRep:
    when they say extended writing, does that include 6 and 8 mark questions or just 12 marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bakersman110)
    is that 80% on both papers or 80% overall
    Both papers

ReputationRep:
    when they say extended writing, does that include 6 and 8 mark questions or just 12 marks?
    12 markers I think
    But your 6/8 markers need to be detailed,, logical and coherent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajneetk)
    Both papers
    My psychology teacher has always marked 90% as being the minimum for an A? I hope it is 80!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emilypickett)
    My psychology teacher has always marked 90% as being the minimum for an A? I hope it is 80!
    90 is harsh wow lol
    Depends on what everyone gets nationally.

ReputationRep:
    If we got 'describe and evaluate research into caregiver-infant interactions' what would you put?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electrahearts)
    If we got 'describe and evaluate research into caregiver-infant interactions' what would you put?
    talk about reciprocity and interactional synchrony

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electrahearts)
    Reciprocity, interactional synchrony meltzoff and moore study.

Behaviour due to Operant C and failure to replicate reducing reliability

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hunhan)
    talk about reciprocity and interactional synchrony

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by TheAlphaParticle)
    Reciprocity, interactional synchrony meltzoff and moore study.

Behaviour due to Operant C and failure to replicate reducing reliability
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    This was really really helpful!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.