The Student Room Group

Edexcel International A level (IAL): Physics Unit 6 (WPH06) - 19th May, 2016 - PM

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
I think all of that is wrong.

Is there ecf on any of that? And why cant we multiple length by gradient
Original post by amohsen982
Is there ecf on any of that? And why cant we multiple length by gradient

Yep, definitely.

Not sure what you mean. It's not necessarily a graph that goes through the origin.
Reply 122
Original post by Zacken
Yep, definitely.

Not sure what you mean. It's not necessarily a graph that goes through the origin.

hey the V2 against V2-V1 graph for which I drew a sketch, I passed thorugh he orgin cause c=0.
What did you write for the last to points in that question? for accuracy and precaution?
Original post by AvWOW
hey the V2 against V2-V1 graph for which I drew a sketch, I passed thorugh he orgin cause c=0.

Yes, that's correct (but not necessary).

What did you write for the last to points in that question? for accuracy and precaution?

Accuracy: letting the capacitor charge up fully

Precaution: checking the orientation of the capacitor in order to avoid overheating.
Imma cry someone please link me when theres an unofficial mark scheme
Reply 125
Original post by Zacken

Precaution: checking the orientation of the capacitor in order to avoid overheating.

I wrote the same precaution (connecting the capacitor to the correct terminals) but I wrote repeat and find mean for accuracy... It might be wrong cause you don't repeat for circuits normally as it could heatup right? smh
Reply 126
Guys was the gradient suppose to be positive or negative? I got -ve which cancelled as grad= -p?
Original post by Ha97
Guys was the gradient suppose to be positive or negative? I got -ve which cancelled as grad= -p?

Gradient negative, p positive.
Original post by Zacken

Zacken do you think my graph would get any marks? (Look a few posts above)
Reply 129
Original post by Zacken
Gradient negative, p positive.

Oh cool..
Btw what was your value of e?
Original post by The_Big_E
Zacken do you think my graph would get any marks? (Look a few posts above)

Yes, it's fine.

Original post by Ha97
Oh cool..
Btw what was your value of e?

Reply 131
Original post by Zacken
Yes, it's fine.

got 1.51 that looks wring though, anyways the unit for the gradient was K or K^-1
Original post by Ha97
got 1.51 that looks wring though, anyways the unit for the gradient was K or K^-1

K^(-1).
Reply 133
Original post by Zacken
K^(-1).

Reading to be taken for the capacitor question and the arrangement of the voltmeter?
Reply 134
Original post by Zacken
K^(-1).

ohh... I said it was K.... wasn't it lnA against K^-1
Original post by Zacken
K^(-1).

Shouldn't it be K ??, because then when multiplied by the boltzmann constant it would remove the K^-1 in it thus the final unit would be C instead of Ck^-2
Original post by Ha97

Original post by AvWOW
ohh... I said it was K.... wasn't it lnA against K^-1

Original post by Omar2365
Shouldn't it be K, because then when multiplied by the boltzmann constant it would remove the K^-1 in it thus the final unit would be C instead of Ck^-2
Sorry - yes, I thought you were asking about the unit for the axes. The unit for the gradient is K (although that doesn't matter) as long as you say the unit of p is also K.
Expected boundaries? This paper was filled with 1 markers and made silly mistakes in them i think it will be lower maybe 28 for an A? What do u guys think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 138
I got 1.95x10^-19 for the charge.... everyone seems to have gotten something along the line of 1.55x10^-19
O_O pooping bricks here
Reply 139
What did you guys write for the readings to be taken for the capacitor and the arrangement if the voltmeter? 2 and 1 mark respectively

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending