Aston Villa FC Society III

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

I went to last night's friendly against Cambridge where we won 3.0, goals from Scott Sinclair, Hepburn-Murphy and Gary Gardner, good turnout as well.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heading down to today's game at villa park agaidnt middlesborough? I usually go to our annual home friendly but cba to get the train down to new street and then witton plus not got use of a car atm so gonna watch it on the website as it's free streaming. Reckon Guzan will get any minutes? :P

ReputationRep:
    weve looked much more solid than boro so far. apart from the usual problems of relying on hutton and cissokho for width, we have had the ball in dangerous areas and ayew and grealish have done well. looking at gardner he hasn't done too bad and hopefully he improves as the game goes on. want to see sincliar and sanchez as we should keep those 2 Sinclair has proved he can do it in championship and I reckon sanchez is cut out for this league

ReputationRep:
    gollini's quick distribution is a breath of fresh air

Goal for Villa, Nathan Baker of all people.

ReputationRep:
    Loving tony Morleys commentary haha

ReputationRep:
    so close from ayew there, he just glided past everyone and a great flick

ReputationRep:
    Looking like Clarkes gonna join Newcastle......personally I think he could do a job for us in the championship but they are giving us 5 mil I would gladly take it. However I would rather have got lescott or Richards out the door. Also odds on us to sign McCormack have gone 5/4 in the last hour or so so not sure if there's any insider information but someone's either placed a hefty bet or a lot of cash has recently been put down

ReputationRep:
    Bye bye gueye, who has joined Everton on a 4 year deal. I don't think he will be a great loss for us and I suppose 7 mil is decent- he never really stood out as he should have in a team like ours and failed to assist the attack, terrible shot aswell. 7 mil isn't bad price for Everton though considering what the stats said and Walsh probably thinks they can make him the next Kante. It's one of those indifferent things to me

Looks like we are hijacking Norwich's bid for Ross McCormack

ReputationRep:
    Under 23s beat Tamworth 3-1. Hepburn Murphy brace twice assisted by Keinan Davies. I would really like to see Davies get some game time in the championship next year think he can do some damage. McCormack signing to be announced tommorow and Clarke to Newcastle all but done. There was a photo of him at the training ground earlier in Newcastle

ReputationRep:
    I liked Gana, but not that bothered about him leaving. Similar situation with Clark. I would've liked him to stay, he's far from our worst defender, but we've waiting on him to cement his place in our starting 11 for a few years now and he hasn't. Could go on to do pretty well elsewhere, similar to Albrighton maybe, but I don't foresee too many regrets.

I'd be pretty content with McCormack, and one of Bamford/Kodjia. Plus an experienced centre-mid. Can we inquire about Barry whilst wrapping the Gana deal?

ReputationRep:
    Clarke has gone on a 5 year deal lmao. He is gonna have a few clangers and cost them some points next year. Not sure he was any better than Taylor or Williamson for them tbh. Best of luck to him, seemed a decent pro but ultimately not good enough for where we want to be

ReputationRep:
    I realised today we have only spent what we have relieved for players so far....

New striker will change that but still you would have thought we would have signed more players by now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really think we missed a trick with Diame. 4.5 mil release clause and we only showed our interest when he was halfway through a medical at Newcastle..... We should try and get tiote off then he is a proper midfield enforcer and surplus to requirements there but will probs go the Middle East for that pay check

ReputationRep:
    I still think we will sign a few more but we're not ready for Sunday and I would take a draw right now.

What's going on with Adama?

ReputationRep:
    Adama still injured but there was a little scare for some people as he apparently played in a friendly for Monaco however it was a different Adama traore :L I've got a feeling we will score agaidnt Wednesday but will be tough to keep them out. Barry will have he game of his life and that donkey fletcher will score plus abdi will cause us all sorts of problems. I'm surprised they let him go as he was highly rated by Watford fans

ReputationRep:
    Well at least we have a new striker for Sunday.

Got to get lots of chances to him though and we mostly have last years supply to him.

I thought we would have more by now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Subscribed, We need to get rid of Guzan and Flabby as well.
    Well, Guzan's gone!

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping that McCormack will obviously be more creative and score goals but in making smart runs he will leave space for gestede to exploit because he is the type of striker (gestede) to jog rather than play on the last man and then if we can get him to be a beast with his head like at Blackburn that would be great

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Football articles

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.