Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Government to introduce Sharia compliant student loans for Muslims Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)

Yep and there are others

kind of negates the argument education prevents extremism (when they still practice isolationism within their ISOC's)
    Yep. But it's funny that it ever had to be refuted given how demonstrably false it is. Loads of these people are middle-class/university educated. Other famous examples include one of the first ISIS Brits to die in Iraq who went to a 20k a year school, Jihadi John who is university-educated and former extremist Maajid Naawaz who went to LSE no less.

All this crap about how they need to be educated, given opportunities and blah blah is just a ruse by terrorist apologists who want to blame the blood lust of some of their "brothers" on us. It's like I say, yes it does take only a small, extremist minority to join terrorist groups. It takes most of the "peaceful" moderates to apologise for them and blame the victims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    They will end up paying interest in all but name but if it makes them happy and comfortable to borrow money for university, then I don't see the problem.
    This.

If people want to get angry about Halal they should stear their attention to halal meat where there are clear animal welfare issues. These not loans that are essentially loans are basically harmless. I don't see the problem.

(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Can't think of any Muslim countries that offer non Muslims interest free loans.
    So you are saying we should be more like Muslim countries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    This.

If people want to get angry about Halal they should stear their attention to halal meat where there are clear animal welfare issues. These not loans that are essentially loans are basically harmless. I don't see the problem.

So you are saying we should be more like Muslim countries?
    No I'm saying at how we're stupidly making Sharia options a choice for Muslim students. It's not fair non Muslims don't get. It's hilarious because Muslim countries don't have loans like this for non Muslim students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    No I'm saying at how we're stupidly making Sharia options a choice for Muslim students. It's not fair non Muslims don't get. It's hilarious because Muslim countries don't have loans like this for non Muslim students.
    Why is that hilarious? Why is Muslim countries not providing options for different ethnic groups a reason why we should not do that? Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia or Iran are intolerant, bigoted places. They kill gay people, lash bloggers, oppress their women and so on. Should we follow suit? After all Muslim countries don't give gays human rights so why should we? Just because a Muslim country does or does not do something isn't a reason why we should do or not do that thing... They are crap countries. I like to think this isn't a crap country.

So you want us to be like a Muslim country and not allow people a way of getting a "loan" that is more in line with their religion? I'd rather not be like a Muslim country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Then what would be the point of having religious courts? Waste of time and effort.
    One law for all does not mean no freedom of religion. It simply means 'no you can't can't special treatment (or be discriminated against) just because you believe in a higher power'. *shrugs*

My example was to address the misconception that religious courts overrule the UK courts judgements. Which is a big misconception.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erebor)
    Nah, I'll keep using moslem. As the dictionary says, it's an arhaic term but then again I'm a bit old fashioned myself. So yeah, moslem. Deal with it.
    Lol, i dont really give two shits if you say Moslem😂. But you just need to be more clear. And be gay!

...archaically speaking

(Original post by lNurl)
    Last point, yup, Muslims a bit stupid in that sense, make a sausage, put halal on it, they will eat because in case it was wrongly put there 'Muslims don't carry any sin'.
    So yes, to get some Muslim to units, you need to callbit halal.
    I love this. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lNurl)
    OMG, I'm reading it at work, and it was super hilarious, now people think I'm crazy, thanks

Do you remember that Iran banned all the female champs, even anivia, but annie was open because she is still a child??
    Lol I typed that in work

What banter that was. Just the regime trying to feel important.

(Original post by lNurl)
    Don't worry, no matter how much Muslims want it, they will not be able to bed the law. If government bends, then well done to Muslims. IRS the government that majority voted, make a group and protest

Last point, yup, Muslims a bit stupid in that sense, make a sausage, put halal on it, they will eat because in case it was wrongly put there 'Muslims don't carry any sin'.

Muslims, more or less are brainwashed, they don't have decision making power, they look for the answer to be handed in Quran. We need to help them, guide them.

At the end, I guess I'm as a person more optimistic than you
    Very interesting post :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    Education is the best, most peaceful at least, solution to get over some of the integration problems a lot of British Muslims face. Helping them go to school is certainly a plus, as long as it isn't countering our rights.
    Check out how much the Saudi's have pumped into UK universities for the establishment of 'Islamic Study Centres'. (Oxford £75m alone) with Saudi money estimated at £200m+ per year. Why?

The same Saudi that requires by law for all it's citizens to be Muslims.
    The same Saudi that imposes systematic discrimination against all others who are not Sunni Muslim and esp. Wahabbi Muslim..
    The same Saudi where atheism is a capital offence.

Integration. anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    They will end up paying interest in all but name but if it makes them happy and comfortable to borrow money for university, then I don't see the problem.
    just like Halal / Sharia Mortgages where you repay the capital and 'rent' the property from the lender as well and the rent is magically the same as the interest would be on a normal loand ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    I personally think education will be better despite this. From what I see most people who want Sharia, ban homosexuality and so forth have been brainwashed by senior Islamists who have higher authority due to having better education. I think if more people are educated, they will be less dependent on what the radical but educated Islamist think and will be able to think for themselves.Integration will work both ways. Not saying it's a certainty but a more likely case is the Islamist will become more tolerant to the Westerners and the bigoted Westerners will become more tolerant to the Muslims.This seems like the only suitable option imho. I mean "deporting all refugees" is hardly going to cut it.
    Except that it does not, and with all due respect, it is nonsense like that, which has caused the huge problems of non-integration in Western countries, it should never work both ways.

Deport all refugees, well, that would help to remove future troublemakers, so yes, I would support that. I have already made my feelings known on this site, that the UK should basically accept 0 asylum seekers / refugeesa year.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=ChaoticButterfly;64893053]

This.If people want to get angry about Halal they should stear their attention to halal meat where there are clear animal welfare issues. These not loans that are essentially loans are basically harmless. I don't see the problem.So you are saying we should be more like Muslim countries?[/QUOTE]

In some ways, yes. There should be almost zero tolerance for foreign cultures / demands when they come here.

ChaoticButterfly

ReputationRep:
    Seeing the anti-muslim posts like.

Attachment 533561
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    I love this. :rofl:
    Good I made you laugh !!

(Original post by chemting)
    Lol I typed that in work

What banter that was. Just the regime trying to feel important.

Very interesting post :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well education is always good, especially if it enables a group that is less likely to go otherwise. But that's about it.

What is not good is calling it Halal. This is exactly the same kind of PC nonsense that means cards now say season's greetings rather than merry xmas. What is not good either is calling it "charitable donation", I mean what? That already sounds so fake...what is it supposed to be anyway? Someone pays for my education and in return, down the line, I pay for someone else's? But I pay more not because that's interest, but because that's charity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    Except that it does not, and with all due respect, it is nonsense like that, which has caused the huge problems of non-integration in Western countries, it should never work both ways.

Deport all refugees, well, that would help to remove future troublemakers, so yes, I would support that. I have already made my feelings known on this site, that the UK should basically accept 0 asylum seekers / refugeesa year.
    Like I said. Think realistically. We won't deport refugees.

And from the stats baconandsauce gave a lot of these student terrorist were obviously not refugees. I think overall they're two different problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Because I have applied for a PhD in the UK.
    Yeah but you haven't done a GCSE in RE so I can't take you seriously I'm afraid.....

Granted, a trained chimpanzee could pass it but you're just not qualified to have an opinion without it.....

(Original post by lNurl)
    Don't worry, no matter how much Muslims want it, they will not be able to bed the law. If government bends, then well done to Muslims. IRS the government that majority voted, make a group and protest

Muslims, more or less are brainwashed, they don't have decision making power, they look for the answer to be handed in Quran. We need to help them, guide them.

At the end, I guess I'm as a person more optimistic than you
    Somebody reported this post. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    Like I said. Think realistically. We won't deport refugees.

And from the stats baconandsauce gave a lot of these student terrorist were obviously not refugees. I think overall they're two different problems.
    You are right, we wont deport them, but we easily could do, at least for now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    You are right, we wont deport them, but we easily could do, at least for now.
    The refugees are uneducated too. Remember that. (ie. It's not really the topic of the thread)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.