Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    French GCSE speaking I was trying to use some A* tense so I said my grandma died and dropped a cake instead of fell over and dropped a cake
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Still got that A* though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11ahf)
    Definitely would have been worse had it been A level - but I was more annoyed at the unfair marking and how some markers would have been more lenient than the actual grade. It being so tantalisingly close to the boundary and over such a silly thing made it so frustrating though.
    Indeed sadly Exams are a portion of luck nowadays, luck on the content of the paper and luck as to how nice your examiner would be :/

ReputationRep:
    In a chemistry exam, I wrote homophobic instead of hydrophobic

ReputationRep:
    3 + 4 = 11

ReputationRep:
    I started the paper checked the tip of the last page to see what the last question number was = Q (10).

I finished the paper 20 mins to spare so I went over my questions again ... 7 mins left and I realise that the last
    question has quite a excess amount of pages for working out ...

I saw there was a entire question left, question 11 was the last question in the exam and I had 4 mins left to answer a 14 marks(14 mins) question in 4 mins..... :bawling: :shot: :rip:

ReputationRep:
    The other day in my English Literature exam when I forgot to compare the named poem to any others in the anthology. You can imagine the sinking feeling I felt in my stomach afterward when my friend asked me what similarities I drew. Thankfully it's only worth three marks out of fifty.

A special mention also has to go to my GCSE Physics mock in Year 10 where I didn't know what Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB) radiation stood for so substituted it for Crazy Melon Babies instead. That was deliberate, though.

ReputationRep:
    Subconsciously switching a negative sign for a positive sign in any math exam. Pretty sure I did it in the Edexcel C1 Exam last week.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not doing GCSE's but this makes me feel a bit better about my Scottish higher exams. I'm not the only one who makes mistakes!
    I didn't mention the main argument the question asked for in my higher history exam worth 20/90 marks. :facepalm:
    All my counter arguments were good but I didn't mention exactly what they wanted whoops. Might have cost me my good grade, but hopefully I'll get some marks for that area, technically I was correct as it was in ww2 and they asked about tensions during ww2 to cause the Cold War but it wasn't in the category they wanted when I checked BBC bitesize. Just gotta wait and find out on results day aha.

ReputationRep:
    incorrectly differentiated 2x^3 as 9x^2 instead of 6x^2 (2x3=6 not 9), then i got the whole next turning point question wrong because of it. 10 marks in total!

ReputationRep:
    In my a level maths I always make the mistake of thinking 3^2 (3 squared) is 6

Also in last weeks c1 exam discriminant question, I wrote 9/2<x<1/2 instead of 1/2<x<9/2 I HATE MYSELF (((((((

ReputationRep:
    In my IT exam,I had to make a rollover and it took me 30 mins to complete it,because it would not let me select crop,so I did not have time to do the reviews so,I wrote a little and the rollover was the last thing I had to do before reviews then I would of had about 15 to 20 minutes just chillin so i had to finish late.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote an answer in my first year of biology in response to a question about why northern European men are taller than southern European men and it is as follows:

Northern European men are taller because the Northern part of Europe tends to have more snow. As a result of this, the men would have had to have reached taller for food that grows higher up, out of the snow. Over time, an adaption occurs to allow them to do this.

I told my biology teacher what I had written and she asked if it was a joke and when I said it wasn't she was just like 'oh dear'.

You can NEVER think too outside the box ;-)

ReputationRep:
    I've done the whole "miss out the last question thing" too many times to count, but I remember in a Year 10 mock or something I got 49/50 and I would've got 50/50 if I had written "testes" instead of "pituitary gland" (I can't quite remember but I think it was asking where testosterone was released from? I was trying to be too clever lol)

ReputationRep:
    boy named nick prothero in my school spelt his name wrong on the front of the exam paper, he wrote nock prithero instead. classic
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by tuddin96)
    boy named nick prothero in my school spelt his name wrong on the front of the exam paper, he wrote nock prithero instead. classic
    In my first couple of years of teaching I had a really badly behaved and not very motivated year 10 class.

After about a term I set them a test to see how they were getting on.

I knew they'd do badly so i thought I'd give one mark for writing their names correctly. That way everybody would get something.

Not so.

A boy called Alastair Ford wrote his name as Alastair Frod.

ReputationRep:
    In a mock, I got given the wrong paper and ended up doing the foundation instead of higher.

ReputationRep:
    I wrote my first name twice instead of writing my full name..

everyone be messing up in questions while I can't even write my name correctly why am I even writing exams ctfuuu

ReputationRep:
    Missed a whole double sided page out of a French exam (there was only one single sided sheet left other than that double sided sheet) and got 6/36. I thought the other sheet on my table was for whoever sat next to me but no one did in the end. It was only in Year 7 but French was my best subject so I was slightly embarrassed everyone got more or less full marks so I probably dragged that class average mark down like the Titanic

ReputationRep:
    I wrote the square root of 2 is 4 in one of my further maths a level exams..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OCR C1 18 May 2016, Q11.
    gradient -> ∆x/∆y

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.