Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    K=-30 100%

(Original post by Alfieeee11)
    Are u sure k wasn't -30

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 28657)
    I got sqrt65 as well. Did you find it by using pytharogas or substituting point A into the equation?
    i dont know if my method was the same
    but i found it by working out the difference in co-ordinates between C and A and then squared them and square rooted and i got root 65

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timtjtim)
    No, y=8
    I drew this but did not state the x intercepts as it didn't say to do so, do you think I will lose marks? I got the y intercept and which quadrant it turns in correct though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackthornRose)
    Yes it did, thank you very much. I also just reworked it out for myself and you are correct. That's another mark gone for me.
    Don't worry, you'll only lose one mark and if I'm honest I actually put negative too until I changed it at the last minute. I'm sure you'll do great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sniperdon227)
    Mate you had to use the distance formula or place the number in the eq to find k (=r^2)
    dont lie bruv, i know what you did last summer fam.

ITS ROOT 34 BRUV

ReputationRep:
    Are u sure k wasn't -30
    k+30= 0
    therefore k=-30 mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by konanabanana)
    nope

root 65
    you are a banana peeel

ReputationRep:
    how many marks was the circle question ?

ReputationRep:
    Are u sure k wasn't -30
    I also got k=-30 and checked my answer by finding what the x and y coordinates would be if k was -30 and whether it would then satisfy the equation and it did.

(Original post by Sniperdon227)
    K=-30 100%
    Thank you that's very reassuring, i always begin to doubt myself when i see differing answers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by df97)
    Don't worry, you'll only lose one mark and if I'm honest I actually put negative too until I changed it at the last minute. I'm sure you'll do great!
    Thank you I'm only worried because I also made a mistake in finding the area of shaded region (got the area under curve (20.25) but not triangle and then ultimate answer was incorrect), how many marks do you think i lost there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-for-all)
    dont lie bruv, i know what you did last summer fam.

ITS ROOT 34 BRUV
    Naw, man it's √65 bruv.

Take a gander at the attached snap.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timtjtim)
    Naw, man it's √65 bruv.

Take a gander at the attached snap.

i know your lieing tim tim, stop foooling around like jhon

ITS ROOOOT 34 FAM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatPumpkin)
    I got sqrt(55), but I added up the numbers incorrectly it should have been sqrt(65).
    I did the same , the error carried through to the CT length question as well. How many marks do you think having sqrt(55) as the radius will lose in total?

ReputationRep:
    Okay guys, let's try and collate a better mark scheme now. If you are confident you know the Question Part, and the answer, please reply / add a post below. If you want to know more about your answer, try asking at the other AQA maths forum.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post64916221

ReputationRep:
    What did u guys get for the translation by vector question? translation by vector 0.5/-41/4?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think mid 40s could be a c this year as it has been for other years.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4095491

^^^special cloth alert

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sayless)
    I got 81/4 for the first part, then 45/4 for the second part, I think, something like that, area of triangle is 9.
    I got 81/4 and 45/4 too!!

ReputationRep:
    Stupid mistakes cost me this paper, and nerves, was incredibly nervous. My working was basically all correct from what I'm reading here I just made small errors which ****ed me big time apparently.

Feel so ****.

I got root 34 as well.

But it's pretty obvious they give you C (5, -3) and A (-2, 1)

so you get (x-5)^2 - 25 + (x+3)^2 - 9 = 0 Most people think thats the equation therefore the radius must be 34, but pretty sure if you like at general equations of a circle if you did it with just the co ordinates of C the radius would always be wrong as it's not included in the question, that's why A was included, it's on a point of the circle...

So 7^2 + 4^2 = 65 which is the radius^2 therefore SQ root of 65 is the answer for the radius.

Kicking myself in the teeth for so many questions.

Ah man I think I'll get a borderline B for this, gotta try and wreck the C2 exam..
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by toml95)
    Stupid mistakes cost me this paper, and nerves, was incredibly nervous. My working was basically all correct from what I'm reading here I just made small errors which ****ed me big time apparently.

Feel so ****.
    Heya - try not to let it get you down. These things happen. Plus it usually always goes better than you think it did :hugs: You might find this article helpful

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.