The Student Room Group

AQA AS Psychology Paper 2, 23 May 2016 Opinions. UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone got revision notes they'd be willing to share on approaches? Or just the assumptions of each approach? I can't figure them out from my class notes!
Original post by ellabailey2701
Has anyone got revision notes they'd be willing to share on approaches? Or just the assumptions of each approach? I can't figure them out from my class notes!

Which book have you been using in class?
Original post by JaskarranSingh
Which book have you been using in class?

The one with the green haired girl on the front cover
The one with the green haired girl on the front cover

if you have the book, it should be on the top of every page for the approaches labelled assumptions.
Original post by The Moo
I hope you find these notes useful :h:

Thanks!
Original post by The Moo
I hope you find these notes useful :h:

i have us had a quick skim ad i looks good have you go a psychopathology as well please.
Can't piece together the A01 for the Cognitive Approach! Do you write about schemas, theoretical models and computer models as separate things?
does anyone have notes for pschopathology
Reply 128
Original post by Zara0526
Can't piece together the A01 for the Cognitive Approach! Do you write about schemas, theoretical models and computer models as separate things?

In spec' they seem to list them as separate things, so I would deal with them separately too, but state that they're all used to make inferences on mental processes (iyswim):

"The cognitive approach: the study of internal mental processes, the role of schema, the use of theoretical and computer models to explain and make inferences about mental processes. The emergence of cognitive neuroscience."

I actually find it useful using the spec' as a guideline for answer - you can use it to form an introduction and the contents.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by m_wharrier
The 12 markers are likely to be on the cognitive approach and the biological approach to treating/explaining OCD, also expect a question on the economy in research methods and lots of evaluation in section a and b, as there wasn't much in unit 1, so I would expect evaluation of definitions of abnormality or some of the approaches

What essay is most likely to come up on approaches

Posted from TSR Mobile
These are the 3rd specimen papers for paper 2 that the exam board have released but are not on the website:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kefte
In spec' they seem to list them as separate things, so I would deal with them separately too, but state that they're all used to make inferences on mental processes (iyswim):

"The cognitive approach: the study of internal mental processes, the role of schema, the use of theoretical and computer models to explain and make inferences about mental processes. The emergence of cognitive neuroscience."

I actually find it useful using the spec' as a guideline for answer - you can use it to form an introduction and the contents.

Thank you! 😉

I see your using the revision guide are you just revising from there is it more helpful than teachers notes ? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goal101
I see your using the revision guide are you just revising from there is it more helpful than teachers notes ? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its honestly sooo good to study from. They should have published it earlier!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Natashja
Please can someone help me fill this in !?
The knee-jerk reflex is an example of a reflex arc:
A stimulus, such as a hammer, hits the knee. This is detected by sense organs in the______________, which convey a message along a ______________.
The messages reaches the ________, where it connects with an______________, this then transfers the message to a___________, This then carries the message to an ___________, such as a muscle which causes the muscle to contract and hence, causes the knee to move or jerk.

Brain
Neurone
Spine
PNS (I don't think this is right?)
Effector

These aren't my notes, someone else posted them earlier but I found them quite good so check them out for evaluation points :smile:
I think cognitive or biological approach may have a chance of coming up as in the specimen papers they only added social learning and behaviourist approach??
Never know though
Original post by m_wharrier
I really don't have time! Have economics first thing tomorrow, any predictions for research methods?

Oh really, damn that sucks so much. And for research methods I saw a lot of predictions on twitter about there being field/lab experiments and so evaluate them. There could also possibly be a question where it gives u a method but then asks you to suggest an alternative one that would be better for whatever the aim is. Also, make sure you know your definitions for research methods! They might ask you to define a certain key term. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest