Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mr M's OCR Core 1 (not OCR MEI) May 2016 Answers Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For the question with drawing the graph I gave the right x and y intercepts but i didnt draw a cubic graph but a quadratic then will i still get some marks? im getting really paranoid

ReputationRep:
    For the question with drawing the graph I gave the right x and y intercepts but i didnt draw a cubic graph but a quadratic then will i still get some marks? im getting really paranoid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by socialdissonance)
    you will get marks for finding the intercepts

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=TheSurrealTV;64963845]you will get marks for finding the intercepts[/QUOTE
    thank you
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by socialdissonance)
    1 mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Get 1 mark out of 3.
    But it was 6 marks? I correctly identified the positive x coordinate being (10,0) but I subbed in the coordinates of the centre into y-y1=m(x-x1) so how many marks would I get out of 6?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just wondering because I made this exact mistake, do you remember what equations you got for the lines? 😊

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mr M, for the graph question if I put the correct coordinates but the wrong shaped graph how many marks would I get? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    what do you think the grade boundaries will be?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logic4Life)
    But it was 6 marks? I correctly identified the positive x coordinate being (10,0) but I subbed in the coordinates of the centre into y-y1=m(x-x1) so how many marks would I get out of 6?
    We're talking about different questions.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChicharitoMUFC)
    Hi Mr M, for the graph question if I put the correct coordinates but the wrong shaped graph how many marks would I get? Thanks
    1 mark.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, could you please tell me the questions to these solutions. Would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I subbed in X=3/2 into 8x^3 but worked out A wrong how many marks will I get?

ReputationRep:
    I identified for q9 b^2-4ac<0 and moved everything to one side but I worked out a b and c to be wrong so the quadratic didn't work, do you think I'll get any marks at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellaatherz)
    I subbed in X=3/2 into 8x^3 but worked out A wrong how many marks will I get?
    4/5

ReputationRep:
    Will you do a mark scheme for ocr fp1? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Questions : for 5ii will i get mark for method if I left it as 8 x 2^4/3
    for 8ii can you put that at the point A the gradients are the same as it is a tangent here
    Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobby21231)
    Will you do a mark scheme for ocr fp1? Thanks
    It's up.

ReputationRep:
    I was getting 70 in the past papers but only got 27 in this, what grade would that be, dissapointed. Confident in As in C2 and M1

ReputationRep:
    for the completing the square question I did it wrong by switching the signs to make it a positive quadratic then factorised it. will i get any marks at all for that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.