Mr M's OCR Core 1 (not OCR MEI) May 2016 Answers

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For the question with drawing the graph I gave the right x and y intercepts but i didnt draw a cubic graph but a quadratic then will i still get some marks? im getting really paranoid

ReputationRep:
    For the question with drawing the graph I gave the right x and y intercepts but i didnt draw a cubic graph but a quadratic then will i still get some marks? im getting really paranoid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by socialdissonance)
    you will get marks for finding the intercepts

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=TheSurrealTV;64963845]you will get marks for finding the intercepts[/QUOTE
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by socialdissonance)
    1 mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Get 1 mark out of 3.
    But it was 6 marks? I correctly identified the positive x coordinate being (10,0) but I subbed in the coordinates of the centre into y-y1=m(x-x1) so how many marks would I get out of 6?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just wondering because I made this exact mistake, do you remember what equations you got for the lines? 😊

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mr M, for the graph question if I put the correct coordinates but the wrong shaped graph how many marks would I get? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    what do you think the grade boundaries will be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logic4Life)
    But it was 6 marks? I correctly identified the positive x coordinate being (10,0) but I subbed in the coordinates of the centre into y-y1=m(x-x1) so how many marks would I get out of 6?
    We're talking about different questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChicharitoMUFC)
    Hi Mr M, for the graph question if I put the correct coordinates but the wrong shaped graph how many marks would I get? Thanks
    1 mark.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, could you please tell me the questions to these solutions. Would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I subbed in X=3/2 into 8x^3 but worked out A wrong how many marks will I get?

ReputationRep:
    I identified for q9 b^2-4ac<0 and moved everything to one side but I worked out a b and c to be wrong so the quadratic didn't work, do you think I'll get any marks at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellaatherz)
    I subbed in X=3/2 into 8x^3 but worked out A wrong how many marks will I get?
    4/5

ReputationRep:
    Will you do a mark scheme for ocr fp1? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Questions : for 5ii will i get mark for method if I left it as 8 x 2^4/3
    for 8ii can you put that at the point A the gradients are the same as it is a tangent here
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobby21231)
    Will you do a mark scheme for ocr fp1? Thanks
    It's up.

ReputationRep:
    I was getting 70 in the past papers but only got 27 in this, what grade would that be, dissapointed. Confident in As in C2 and M1

ReputationRep:
    for the completing the square question I did it wrong by switching the signs to make it a positive quadratic then factorised it. will i get any marks at all for that

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.