Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For the question about how to reduce heat loss, I put add a lid so that less heat is lost to the surroundings. Is that right??

ReputationRep:
    Also, I think to get an A* you would need 45.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't the first question about neon not boron?

ReputationRep:
    thanks for that! i got most of them right... was quite simple tbh.... nothing about the earth and its early atmosphere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie1999)
    The atom described in the question about incorrect structure was referring to Neon and I think in the question the electron count was of Flourine??

Or am I wrong?
    No you are right it was about neon not boron

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FitzpatrickR)
    Yh thats right
    I think you have to be specific so it would be:

Aluminium oxide catalyst
    400 to 700 degrees celsius

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly.Hodgson99)
    For the question about how to reduce heat loss, I put add a lid so that less heat is lost to the surroundings. Is that right??
    i put that too but then after i wrote ' use digital thermometer' so gave 2 answers..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissfuleuphoria)
    Wasn't the first question about neon not boron?
    First boron (drawing the electronic structure), second was neon (what's wrong).

ReputationRep:
    From this mark scheme, I got 52 i think. Is that likely to be an A*?

Also, on the Coursework, I got 40/50. If I get A* on each of C1,2 and 3, how likely am I to get an A* overall?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustasB)
    Also, I think to get an A* you would need 45.
    No it would be around 52 because last year it was 50 for A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What was the third question asking?

Was it not asking about sub-atomic particles and their charges in just the nucleus so you're not supposed to talk about electrons, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YAY GCSE)
    From this mark scheme i got roughly 47, what grade is that likely to be?

i think 35-38ish is an A sooo dont know.

ReputationRep:
    AAAAH. This is insane; judging by the unofficial mark scheme I got around 58/60!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LogicalFallacy)
    First boron (drawing the electronic structure), second was neon (what's wrong).
    We had to draw the electronic structure? Damn I could have sworn I checked if I needed to draw anything on the first double page spread. Uh.

ReputationRep:
    For the question on cracking I put 1. Very hot and 2. Catalyst is this too vague for even 1 mark ?

ReputationRep:
    I really mucked up today and went into a state of total panic (I have severe anxiety). So annoyed at myself for making silly mistakes because I know that I knew the content and if I'm being honest, though I mucked up, it was a very good paper. If I mark myself harshly what do you think 40 - 45 would get me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abimoe)
    For the question on cracking I put 1. Very hot and 2. Catalyst is this too vague for even 1 mark ?
    I put "high temperature" and "presence of a catalyst", not sure how many marks that would get though.

ReputationRep:
    Realising you missed the first question out is quite a sickly feeling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abimoe)
    I'm not entirely sure because some mark schemes say you have to write:

Aluminium oxides catalyst
    400 to 700 degrees temperature

But others say that just stating catalyst and high temperature is enough.

I think you should definitely get at least one mark however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LogicalFallacy)
    That's the catalyst, yes, but I think you just needed to mention the presence of an aluminium oxide catalyst.
    Did you have to state that it needed to be aluminium oxide? I just said "presence of a catalyst and high temperature"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.