Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't the enzyme in question 1 a splisosome?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _mkhalid97)
    Wasn't the enzyme in question 1 a splisosome?
    Yeah, Enzyme Z.

Enzyme Y is RNA polymerase.

(i think...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaaix_)
    Anna's tragic answer: ''maybe some hair was left behind or maybe some dead skin cells''.......
    hahhahaa :P I wrote the exact same thing :P :P

ReputationRep:
    That was one stupid exam! does anyone know how many marks can I lose maximum to get an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaaix_)
    I found this hard, I said habitat is its location and environment is the abiotic and biotic factors of the area affecting the organism itself? Guessed again lol and because people had access to medicine and had very good health able to fight the infection also people are more aware of Ebola so they didn't go near infected people and people were treated faster and more efficiently
    Man we have twin answers to both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sandy_Vega30)
    5 marks. Did you use random or systematic sampling? i used random.
    It was random but it was 6 marks I believe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beheiry)
    That was one stupid exam! does anyone know how many marks can I lose maximum to get an A*
    18-20!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 89
Size:  6.7 KB
    (Original post by Sandy_Vega30)
    Guys, what about the question that asked about why the DNA is NOT the sequence of genes that code for amino acids. The 4 mark question?
    I kinda learnt this so I had no issues! And I reffered to diagram that 3 exons in mrna whereas 4 in pre-mrna so one would be elsewhere so will code for two proteins!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimen.)
    18-20!
    You mean 18-20 in unit 4 all in all a2 units?!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, how'd you all find the paper? I struggled with the time (anyone else?), kinda rushed all the Q8 answers. Was anyone else bummed about there being no photosynthesis questions? Was also kinda bummed at how there wasn't a 5 marker on geographical isolation and evolution and that.

ReputationRep:
    How many raw marks for an A ?

ReputationRep:
    I was soooooo hoping photosynthesis and an evoluton question would come. Those are like sure marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12103763d)
    How many raw marks for an A ?
    Usually around 58/90 gets you an A. (If I'm remembering the grade boundaries correctly.)

65/90 gets you an A*, usually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beheiry)
    You mean 18-20 in unit 4 all in all a2 units?!
    If you lose only 30 marks in UMS in all three units combined (270/300) and 240/300 in AS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackien1)
    Oh man, I wrote about splicing and spliceosome and exons and introns but more of the exons can be arranged in many orders therefore many polypeptides can be made.
    I wrote that bit as well

ReputationRep:
    18-20!
    A* average has been around 65 raw marks in recent years, so I would say around 25 x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tabetha)
    A* average has been around 65 raw marks in recent years, so I would say around 25 x
    That gives me relief but you shouldn't really trust averages
    Spoiler:
    Show
    After all this is EDEXCEL

ReputationRep:
    That gives me relief but you shouldn't really trust averages
    Spoiler:
    Show
    After all this is EDEXCEL
    oh yeah of course not, just there hasn't been much variation in the last few years, i would hope this exam would be on the low side tho (can't tell if i hated it bc it was difficult or it's just because my fav topics didn't come up :-/ )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tabetha)
    oh yeah of course not, just there hasn't been much variation in the last few years, i would hope this exam would be on the low side tho (can't tell if i hated it bc it was difficult or it's just because my fav topics didn't come up :-/ )
    It wasn't difficult I guess it was just Different!
    The topics were new and there was variation but this makes possibility of low boundaries more possible!

ReputationRep:
    It's like unit 6 Q1... Totally different style...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.