Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    1) Italian.
    2) Sfogliatelle, the "riccie" ones!
    3) Some words have different meanings depending on the accent. Like "prìncipi" (princes) or "princìpi" (principles). (Probably not only in Italian but I always liked this one!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluepearl7)
    My phrasing was all wrong, sorry. I meant to did you study beforehand at your parents' native country instead of 'home country'.

Oh that's cool. I went Tamil school, which was a total rip off and they taught nothing except except the alphabet and sentence making until like 5 months ago

And yeah , i try and speak Tamil with my parents, but you know how writing is different from Speaking like all the slang - that's where i get mixed up sometimes.
    Its fine dw. I actually liked going to Tamil school I went from age 5-13 . I totally agree, even without the slang written and spoken Tamil are like 2 completely different languages, which is so frustrating. Also, I have only been to Sri Lanka on holiday once for about a week, I didn't particularly like it there , too many mosquitoes- it was the only time in my life that I have been out of Europe actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Is that a drug?
    :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    My main language is English (I know, how exciting xD) but I also know French, Spanish and I've started learning Welsh too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    And

Mujhe thori si urdu bi aati hai...laikin jab aunties mujhse directions poochti hain mein bolti hoon "Sorry, I don't know Urdu :no:" :rofl:

Did that even make sense? Lord Samosa
    That was perfect

Spoiler:
    Show
    still read it with a Pashtun accent though :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    BRAVO
    merci beaucoup
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    That's so cool - I didn't know you spoke Farsi! :ahee:
    LOL, yeahhh you learn something new everyday But the thing is I meant to speak farsi at home but I end up speaking english with my siblings and half farsi and half english with my parents
    Wbu?!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by FemaleBo55)
    LOL, yeahhh you learn something new everyday But the thing is I meant to speak farsi at home but I end up speaking english with my siblings and half farsi and half english with my parents
    Wbu?!
    I speak one language, I'm so limited. :sad: I know a few affectionate terms and greetings in Farsi though.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I speak one language, I'm so limited. :sad: I know a few affectionate terms and greetings in Farsi though.
    Ohhhhhh that's interestingggg :cool: Welldoneee!!! At least you know somee
    I know dutch but I dont speak it at home -.- (but I kind of forgot some of the terms! How smart of me!!)

(Original post by sherlocked.46)
    merci beaucoup
    de rien! so...do you eat a lot of Bulgarian food at home?

ReputationRep:
    Pashto

The number of Farsi swears I know is too high lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    That was perfect
    Spoiler:
    Show
    still read it with a Pashtun accent though :lol:
    Those exaggerated pashtun accents you hear on pakistani tv annoy me so much...a lot of us don't even speak urdu like that...well not in my family anyway :hand:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by FemaleBo55)
    Ohhhhhh that's interestingggg :cool: Welldoneee!!! At least you know somee
    I know dutch but I dont speak it at home -.- (but I kind of forgot some of the terms! How smart of me!!)
    You polyglots making me feel sad :sad:

The number of Farsi swears I know is too high lmao
    They sound so wonderfully harsh, don't they? :teehee: I saw you swear in Polish on another thread? :rofl:

They sound so wonderfully harsh, don't they? :teehee: I saw you swear in Polish on another thread? :rofl:
    Salaam man Homeland hastam! Chetori?

Then we've got Madareh gendeh, madar gabeh...omds I crack up
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

LOOOL You wanna tell me some terms you know in farsi xDD :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    de rien! so...do you eat a lot of Bulgarian food at home?
    Yeah, I guess so. Sometimes my mum makes Bulgarian food like tarator (yoghurt, mmmmmmm) and banitsa but we also eat ready-made stuff and smoothies. Random question: what's your favourite vegetable?
    I like cucumbers and potatoes
    :afro:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Punjabi/Urdu/Hindi and some French

ReputationRep:
    Erm I speak trashtalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maddo)
    Man speaks roadman innit
    Be waving down wi a KA pineapple, ya dun kno
    Man's culcha bin bare influenced by 80's and 90's tings, moved onto the streets when manlike Dizzee Rascal got his MOBO, now we got my man Stormy outchea, old tight Roll Safe, manlike Big Narstie and Lordie on Grime Report - mad ting - Base Defence League militance tings, JME Skepta UNODAWUNZDEYCUZ
    :puke:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.