Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Isn't it a sad thought that one day people on here... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Stay clear of the Digital Spy forums, they are mean.
    Ah ok shall do! Thanks for the warning!!
    I'll stick to hear for now me thinks

ReputationRep:
    How morbid.

ReputationRep:
    That's how communities work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam687)
    ive never acc thought of that...

LOOOOL

make the most of now then eh?
    Me neither like....feeling creeped out right now lol
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Not really. :dontknow: It's a 2 percent decrease each day.

I remember spotify95 once asked on behalf of a banned friend how quickly his ten gems would take to disappear completely, and it worked out to be more than 500 days. If someone didn't log in for that many days by choice, chances are they don't give a **** about their rep anyway.
    You are indeed correct there - after 100 days, you'll lose 2% of your rep amount each day until you do log on.

I don't know if they had ten gems or not, but I know they had quite a few gems, and they didn't want to lose them (despite being banned from the site). Hence why I asked how long it would take, and what you have to do in order for it to be classed as "active". Though I doubt that they actually have logged in since their ban, and if I was permanently banned from a website/forum, worrying about how long it'd take before I lose my reputation would be the last thing on my mind.

edit: By the looks of things, they've logged in 3 weeks ago (despite being banned since late last year) so they are still logging in to keep their reputation from dropping out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxygen bro)
    Hey Smegggy! Bit off topic but are you single?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am as of last week....

ReputationRep:
    No one on here would know if I died. Volunteers for a buddy to PM me every day and if I don't reply in 24hrs, feel free to announce my death.

ReputationRep:
    This is the most left wing, health ad safety conscious thread I've seen in years. We need to seize the means of production.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by saladays)
    No one on here would know if I died. Volunteers for a buddy to PM me every day and if I don't reply in 24hrs, feel free to announce my death.
    I'll be your buddy.

ReputationRep:
    I only just made this account after seeing this thread.

will disappear and new people will take our place, posting and joking about while we become those who left the site and never logged back on. I look at these older members with such sadness.

But not me, I'm staying on here forever because I'm lonely!
    I've heard that before :sad:

I have seen this happen so many times though; made friends and then they've gone, leaving no email address or other way to contact them.

:shakecane:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Tootles)
    I've heard that before :sad:

I have seen this happen so many times though; made friends and then they've gone, leaving no email address or other way to contact them.

:shakecane:
    That is so sad, the people I'm close to have my number or some form of social media so I'd be close to them but I dread the day I leave the site. It would probably be once I've started my degree or got a long working hours job.

That is so sad, the people I'm close to have my number or some form of social media so I'd be close to them but I dread the day I leave the site. It would probably be once I've started my degree or got a long working hours job.
    If I make friends with people these days I generally end up exchanging email addresses or add them on WhatsApp - if we're good friends on here I'll maybe add them on Facebook.

I'd just say to keep checking back from time to time if you find yourself unable to come on regularly :lol:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    If I make friends with people these days I generally end up exchanging email addresses or add them on WhatsApp - if we're good friends on here I'll maybe add them on Facebook.

I'd just say to keep checking back from time to time if you find yourself unable to come on regularly :lol:
    Yeah true, it's the bond you don't want to let go of, and it's only a matter of time before TSR friendships fade away, unless you've met up or speak elsewhere beside TSR. I would keep coming back, but then I imagine younger people will be 'cooler' than me and I would become irrelevant or unable to keep up with the times.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god
    I think about that all the time

Yeah true, it's the bond you don't want to let go of, and it's only a matter of time before TSR friendships fade away, unless you've met up or speak elsewhere beside TSR. I would keep coming back, but then I imagine younger people will be 'cooler' than me and I would become irrelevant or unable to keep up with the times.
    True. I've had friendships wax and wane entirely on here, and I've had others become close IRL friends - and pretty much everything in between.

That said, sometimes TSR friendships don't translate well off-site. I've become friends with people on here, talked for ages, and then once we're talking on Facebook or WhatsApp or whatever, we've just drifted apart. It's just like real life; the kinds of relationship that happen here are completely organic.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    True. I've had friendships wax and wane entirely on here, and I've had others become close IRL friends - and pretty much everything in between.

That said, sometimes TSR friendships don't translate well off-site. I've become friends with people on here, talked for ages, and then once we're talking on Facebook or WhatsApp or whatever, we've just drifted apart. It's just like real life; the kinds of relationship that happen here are completely organic.
    Ah see the people I'm close to on social media and WhatsApp, we seem to talk better on there, I have plans to meet up with several others too. I seem to be getting on better with people on here than real life.

Ah see the people I'm close to on social media and WhatsApp, we seem to talk better on there, I have plans to meet up with several others too. I seem to be getting on better with people on here than real life.
    I know that feeling, haha. I'm an aspie and I'm pretty quiet and reclusive in real life :moon:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I know that feeling, haha. I'm an aspie and I'm pretty quiet and reclusive in real life :moon:
    See I do talk to people in real life, but a lot of my friends are boring and I can't wait for univerity to bring out my social side out, I prefer using my laptop all day anyway! :laugh:

See I do talk to people in real life, but a lot of my friends are boring and I can't wait for univerity to bring out my social side out, I prefer using my laptop all day anyway! :laugh:
    Most of my IRL friends moved away either for uni for right after :getmecoat:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.