Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is size 8/10 chubby for someone who is 5"3? watch

(Original post by SophieSmall)
    You're not going to get any kind of straight answer or intelligent discussion out of Madeline.

As you can see from her response to me she seems utterly incapable or reading and comprehending what is put in front of her, considering she ignored pretty much everything I said in my post and was unable to answer my question and refute my evidence against her claims. She instead posted a ridiculous counterargument of a 4'5 size 14 person, which is not remotely the same as what I offered up. And then went on to make out like she is doing the world a favour by telling girls who are not remotely fat that they are fat.

She's clearly the product of bad parenting and low self esteem. I can only assume mummy or daddy called her fat one too many times and so now she lashes out at others because she has horrifically warped view of normal and can't stand the thought of anyone being happy and healthy.
    You're probably right haha! Yes, she does really. Yes, I know, she seems to be completely incapable of coming up with a coherent and logical argument to support her disgusting views so then has to resort to dodging all the main questions and points, posting a few sentences about a very unconvincing and irrelevant example and then finishing as she usually does with something particularly horrific. Do you think it's low self esteem? I read her profile and some of her previous posts on other threads as well as on here and I thought it was more that she is incredibly arrogant and thinks that she is more important and better than everyone else.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    You are fine don't worry.
    Thank you.

(Original post by h333)
    OP you are absolutely fine....please don't worry too much.
    Thank you, I'll try not to.

ReputationRep:
    I would avoid questions like that on forums like this. You've had a lot of positive responses on page 1, but if you're someone who fixates on the negative posts it will be hard. There are a lot of people who fat shame on TSR, and who will say someone is fat when they're not, that's a horrible combination.

I wouldn't use weight as an indicator and I wouldn't use sizes as an indicator, as sizes change and weight doesn't take into account what the weight is. Breast, muscle, water, fat.

I would take measurements as an indicator.

Having said all that, it's very difficult to imagine how being that size in any UK shop could make one 'chubby'.

Edit: And FYI, I'm a guy

(Original post by Madeline_H95)
    Don't use BMI, use your percentage of body fat to measure fatness. Percentage body fat is the best way to measure how fat someone is.
    Is that really all that you can come up with as an answer to all the points that everyone's raised and all the questions they've asked? As a self-proclaimed "Little Miss Opinionated" you're not very good at justifying your appalling opinions and behaviour. You're backtracking as well because that completely contradicts what you said before. Anyway, I have never had my body fat percentage measured so I don't know what it is. It's probably just as well though because if I told you, you would most likely try to use it to "prove" that I was "fat" even if I had the lowest body fat percentage in the country.

(Original post by there's too much love)
    I would avoid questions like that on forums like this. You've had a lot of positive responses on page 1, but if you're someone who fixates on the negative posts it will be hard. There are a lot of people who fat shame on TSR, and who will say someone is fat when they're not, that's a horrible combination.

I wouldn't use weight as an indicator and I wouldn't use sizes as an indicator, as sizes change and weight doesn't take into account what the weight is. Breast, muscle, water, fat.

I would take measurements as an indicator.

Having said all that, it's very difficult to imagine how being that size in any UK shop could make one 'chubby'.

Edit: And FYI, I'm a guy
    Yes, I know, I think I've learnt that the hard way! Most people have been really nice but as you can see a few people have been pretty harsh and one horrendous. And yes I am usually someone who fixates on the negatives unfortunately but I'll try not to this time partly because I don't want to give Madeline the satisfaction haha. Yeah, as I said in my updated post, my measurements are actually bust: 36, waist: 26 and hips: 35. I got them slightly wrong in my original post lol. Thank you. Oh, it says female on your profile?

Nope. I'm 5ft and I sometimes wear a size 10 on the bottom, but I'm not chubby at all.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I know, I think I've learnt that the hard way! Most people have been really nice but as you can see a few people have been pretty harsh and one horrendous. And yes I am usually someone who fixates on the negatives unfortunately but I'll try not to this time partly because I don't want to give Madeline the satisfaction haha. Yeah, as I said in my updated post, my measurements are actually bust: 36, waist: 26 and hips: 35. I got them slightly wrong in my original post lol. Thank you. Oh, it says female on your profile?
    Yeah, partner changed it...

I gave up changing it back.

You have an hourglass figure...which is the best kind of figure in my opinion (my partner is hourglass).
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    I'm not medically underweight; my BMI is at the low end of a healthy weight. I used to be very underweight which is why I'm a bit insecure now I think. Wow, I've had such different replies on this - ranging from you're probably underweight through to you're a perfect size through to you're really fat.
    If you're happy with your weight can I ask why you're asking this question?
    It really shouldn't matter what other people think. As long as you're not unhealthy (over/underweight) then you should stay a size that you're comfortable with and is maintainable.

To answer your question, based on your height I suspect you're probably not exceptionally skinny. But you probably are on the thinner side of normal. Not in the least chubby.

I'm an overweight (previously obese) 20 yo male.

Thank you, I'll try not to.
    Welcome :yy:

(Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    Nope. I'm 5ft and I sometimes wear a size 10 on the bottom, but I'm not chubby at all.
    Thank you, that makes me feel better.

Yeah, partner changed it...

I gave up changing it back.

You have an hourglass figure...which is the best kind of figure in my opinion (my partner is hourglass).
    Oh right, fair enough haha. Aww thank you!

(Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    If you're happy with your weight can I ask why you're asking this question?
    It really shouldn't matter what other people think. As long as you're not unhealthy (over/underweight) then you should stay a size that you're comfortable with and is maintainable.

To answer your question, based on your height I suspect you're probably not exceptionally skinny. But you probably are on the thinner side of normal. Not in the least chubby.

I'm an overweight (previously obese) 20 yo male.
    I'm not all that happy with it; that's why I'm asking the question. I think you must have misread what I've been saying? I used to be underweight and a size 4 or size 6 when I was younger so now that I'm a size 8 (very occasionally a 10) and a healthy weight I feel a bit chubby comparatively which makes me unhappy/insecure about my weight. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not all that happy with it; that's why I'm asking the question. I think you must have misread what I've been saying? I used to be underweight and a size 4 or size 6 when I was younger so now that I'm a size 8 (very occasionally a 10) and a healthy weight I feel a bit chubby comparatively which makes me unhappy/insecure about my weight. Thank you.
    Do you feel competitive with other women about it?

I don't say this as a precursor to male attention.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't sound like something that should raise any alarms.. Also being chubby is pretty fine too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucarious30)
    Doesn't sound like something that should raise any alarms.. Also being chubby is pretty fine too!
    Nuh uh, being chubby is disgusting too. People need to be skinny

ReputationRep:
    Nuh uh, being chubby is disgusting too. People need to be skinny
    That's not funny, it's just you sounding like a ****.

ReputationRep:
    That's not funny, it's just you sounding like a ****.
    Sometimes the truth hurts

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes the truth hurts
    You're a ****.

ReputationRep:
    You're a ****.
    So what? I'm truthful.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 30, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.