Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connor365)
    What did people put for the colours and reactions question of bromine water iodine solution,
    For bromine water and Iodine solution:

Br2 + 2I- -> I2 +2Br-

at the cyclohexane layer, the solution would become orange.

ReputationRep:
    It would become purple.

ReputationRep:
    if anyone could make/link an official mark scheme that would be much appreciated. also anyone with legitimate ideas on grade boundaries comparing to past papers etc? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sqr00t)
    I got 864 or something in the mid 800s, are u sure ur mole ratio was 2:5?
    I got something like that too 😊

ReputationRep:
    could someone link/make an unofficial mark scheme please? also does anyone have any predictions for grade boundaries, considering past paper boundaries and how easy/difficult this paper was in comparison to previous ones. thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulaiman631)
    it was 180 and linear
    No, it wasn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamH213)
    It was nitric acid hno3, i thought it was pretty straightforward if im honest, probably the usual stupid mistakes though.
    HNO2 babes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GillyTheGhillie)
    No, it wasn't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i think it was actually bent / non linear 104.5

just like a water molecule has 2 lone and 2 bonded and is bent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rust Cohle)
    Do you know for sure if 'bent' will get the mark also?
    Bent is always in the 'Allow' section of the mark schemes!

ReputationRep:
    Same really I realised as soon as I left

ReputationRep:
    Wow I've lost a lot of marks ahaha after thinking I did okay. f322 can still save our ass so we got this guys xD

ReputationRep:
    Want to go back into the exam hall and change everything haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it non-linear and 104.5• ?

ReputationRep:
    Would I get the mark for putting dumb-bell shaped instead of dumbbell shaped for the shape of a p orbital? I didn't realise it was one word

ReputationRep:
    unnoficial mark scheme anyone? also prediction on grade boundaries, praying it won't be highr than 47 48, even thats high! ahh

ReputationRep:
    I'll make a thread with the answers all in one post

ReputationRep:
    Im so anxious in finding out the grade boundaries, do they want a range of results a-e? if so I'm sure nearly everyone has got above 48... does that mean like 48 would be like an E lol

ReputationRep:
    Mark scheme https://mobile.twitter.com/chemistryalevel?lang=en-gb

ReputationRep:
    In my defence I'm dyslexic but... I spelt Nucleus as Nucleas. Have I lost both marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeacefulSniper)
    Im so anxious in finding out the grade boundaries, do they want a range of results a-e? if so I'm sure nearly everyone has got above 48... does that mean like 48 would be like an E lol
    The average grade will be a C. Also, I feel like with this type of paper, it's easy to make silly mistakes (I know I did) so I doubt everyone has gotten above 48. Just hope OCR takes pity on us and an A in 46

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.