Announcements
  • View Poll Results: nonsense term
    YES
    50.00%
    NO
    50.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #JOSH45#)
    Because that's what they're waiting for. The time hasn't come just yet. Well they don't need to kill every single non believer, the fact that they kill one shows it. The nazi's didn't kill every single Jew but it didn't mean they loved Jews.
    lol someone stole your tinfoil hat bud

ReputationRep:
    Because that's what they're waiting for. The time hasn't come just yet. Well they don't need to kill every single non believer, the fact that they kill one shows it. The nazi's didn't kill every single Jew but it didn't mean they loved Jews.
    because all 1.6 billion muslims are working in unison, waiting for the "right time"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sainsburys wraps)
    lol someone stole your tinfoil hat bud
    And someone stole your common sense 😂

ReputationRep:
    And someone stole your common sense 😂
    oh snap I just got breaded!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welshstig)
    because all 1.6 billion muslims are working in unison, waiting for the "right time"?
    It may not be 1.6 billion of them, but I'm certain it's a hefty number. Don't you think 9/11 took some organisation and planning or "working in unison", as you so eloquently put it ? That took no more that 50 people to bring America to its knees so if It's safer to assume that they all pose a threat than lose the life of thousands so be it. The peaceful majority are irrelevant, it's the extremists that pose the threat and therefore are the ones that require attention. Stupid left wingers always post this "peaceful majority" crap, when that has nothing to do with the threat. It's estimated that 25% of Muslims are involved in some form of active extremism and again though it may not be 1.6 billion it's still a lot especially when you consider the damage that 15 can do in Brussels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)
    It was founded by someone who was destructive, and who ordered his followers to be destructive, and who you need to accept as your guide in order to be an adherent. It is not Islamophobic to hate such an ideology.
    So what? Christianity has a destructive past, why focus on Islam like its the only one worthy of criticism?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    iEthan, could this be moved to the appropriate forum (Society perhaps)? Thanks.

Not that I don't agree with it, but this wasn't in fact said by Hitchens. It's misattributed to him.
    This goes on and The day will come where you will be pleading the mod to ban people.

IEthan, can you ban this user please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)
    Christianity was not founded by a violent warlord who told his followers to kill all non-believers. If you actually read the New Testament, the biblical Christ actually specifically tells his followers not to engage in any acts of violence, telling them to turn the other cheek. The most violent act that the biblical Christ was recorded as doing was overturning tables.

Muhammad by contrast ordered the deaths of thousands of people in his own lifetime, and encouraged the imperialistic conquest of the entire world, meaning that Islam's natural state over the 1300+ years of its existence is perpetual war and violence. In addition, as I said, in order to be a Muslim, it requires that you accept this violent man as your guide: this fact cannot be simply shrugged off in such discussions. If you had to accept Bin Laden as your guide in order to be a Muslim, perhaps it would be easier for 21st century people to see the problem?
    So what? Violent warlords were the norm some 1,500 years ago, the world was smaller, democracy wasn't established as a functional government. Why does it honestly matter if some warlord founded a religion all that time ago? Does it stop the average American from realising that one of their presidents actively decided to atom bomb thousands of innocent Japanese citizens?

The world is built around violence, and using that as an argument against Islam 'oh because your prophet might have been violent 1500 years ago' means nothing. What matters is how things are now, and evidently the vast, excessive majority of Muslims don't want to go and kill all non-believers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)
    Actually, Muhammad was the most evil person alive, not just in terms of action, but in terms of intent. His actions would have been bad in the Bronze Age, nevermind the early Middle Ages.

This is before pointing out that there were many philosophies and religions that predated Islam (often by thousands of years) that were created by peaceful individuals and/or were peaceful in nature. Muhammad and Islam is inherently violent, and was backward then, nevermind now.

If you accept someone who committed and condoned various crimes against humanity (such as genocide, murder, slavery, rape, torture, and so on), and who expected his followers to carry out such acts, this is utterly indefensible.
    lets all focus on Muhammad and ignore the crusades which killed 1.7 million people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aceadria)
    Believing in a violent ideology and acting on said beliefs are two very different things but the core values remain identical.

His inspiration was not religious dogma; Islamic terrorists are inspired by the life of Muhammed and his teachings. The Qur'an gives justification to a lot of these actions.

Just because their interpretation of certain verses differ does not imply that they are any less Islamic than a 'peaceful' Muslim.

How do you know what happens in the minds of terrorists? I am a Muslim who follows the Quran & Sunnah and will never hurt someone innocent.

ReputationRep:
    No need to be so paranoid. Muslims are too busy killing each other, there's no need to fear a hypothetical attack by 1.6 billion people. Even then, different denominations see others as not being "real muslims" so the actual figure would be much lower depending on who you're talking to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    I don't buy this argument at all. People look at Saudi Arabia and see an oppressive regime.they never look towards the Sufis, the cultural Muslims,the more liberal ones etc...Christianity is very hard line in certain African states and even in certain parts of the USA yet we don't judge all Christians by the few...
    Separation of state and religion. Very hard in Muslim countries.

And that is why people urge the Pope to exert his influence there - because there unlike elsewhere, he actually still has influence. Even Italy his influence is waning, see the recent gay civil union law.

Many Christian countries have moved on from "religion dictates what you can and can't do" to liberty. That is why for example Russia is such a shithole. They have no liberty and hence people are free to discriminate against gays, severely even and violently. And because Islam is all about oppressing liberty, these countries find it hard to follow this progression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)
    How you define "innocent"? Why do you think that anybody should be hurt?

I am an atheist. Do you agree that I should be brutally murdered as the qur'an demands?
    if you kill innocent lives you should be killed yes. hence why there are death penalties in some states.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)
    The Christian doctrines never said anything about waging war, unlike with Islam. In any case, it is clear that the Crusades were largely a response to Muslim incursions into the lands of others.
    Are you seriously going to blame Muslims for the crusades?

You're beyond reason here little buddy. At least most islamophobes I encounter readily accept that Christianity is also pretty violent, it seems you're a bad exception

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)
    How you define "innocent"?

I am an atheist. Do you agree that I should be brutally murdered as the qur'an demands?
    by innocent i mean one who has not killed another human being so if you kill my family i wont kill you family but kill you because of your actions.

ReputationRep:
    It is a nonsense term that attempts to victimise Muslims. The amount of times I've heard this term thrown at anybody who dares even question Islam is ridiculous.

What about Christianophobe or Judaophobe or Sikhophobe? You never hear any of those because the Muslim community gets special treatment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)
    I think war is a fundamental evil, and those who take part in it for ignoble reason are primarily to blame.

In regards your question, if you plot the progress of Islamic imperialistic landgrabs and the crusades, you will see that there is a very clear pattern: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_To-cV94Bo

Christianity in regards New Testament doctrine is not violent in terms of what it expects of followers in this life, and thus I would say that yes, it isn't violent (the doctrine of Damnation is violent, but that is not of a worldly consequence).

Islam by contrast is fundamentally violent in terms of what it expects of its adherents. The waging of constant war is expected of Muslims: they are specifically told several times to go out of their way to cause war.

This thread is chiefly about ideology, not those who follow a religion, although if adherents are carrying out their religions violent ideology, then it is worthwhile discussing the actions of such individuals.
    Ignore that guy, I tried debating yesterday and all he did was lie and insult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star80)
    How do you know what happens in the minds of terrorists? I am a Muslim who follows the Quran & Sunnah and will never hurt someone innocent.
    What happens in their minds is irrelevant to this discussion. One can defend a terrorist's actions without acting on it.

ReputationRep:
    Lord Gaben believes that the OP is just making this thread to get easy green gems. Lord Gaben doesn't see need for pointless thread rehashing something that's been discussed to death already.

ReputationRep:
    There's a difference between hate-speech, criticism and completely subjective **** that people feel the need to share with the world about their views on Islam when no one really gives a **** because it's all been said. This thread is pointless.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.