Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Want Britain to leave the EU? Explain why? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    How do you know the Euro would be bad for the UK? Can you tell the future?

Devaluing currency is not a magic solution, China has been doing t for years and its seeing a downturn in its own economy.
    Call me patriotic, but I want to retain the pound.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bob's Your Uncle)
    Don't avoid it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IIHRA6TNsk
    Lines so long people die from natural causes....

Welll that would certainly tackle euthanasia LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireflyGirl96)
    Call me patriotic, but I want to retain the pound.
    Should have kept real money instead of this ersatz fiat money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireflyGirl96)
    Lines so long people die from natural causes....

Welll that would certainly tackle euthanasia LOL
    Aye

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=FireflyGirl96;65311259].
    If you are expecting Mr Singh from India to come here wearing Nike trainers, calling his wife bae and holding a cuppa Yorkshire tea in his hand, you are insane. I wonder though, is that how your relatives came? Is that how you can justify your presence in England with such misguided beliefs.

I think you've missed the point. It's when people, like Mr Singh from India, turn up resisting British values and rules and not trying to integrate into communities. When you move to a new country, you must try your best to conform to its standards. This doesn't mean wearing Nike trainers and calling your wife bae or completely changing your culture to match the one where you live.

This is an extremely simple example about driving. In India, as many know, there aren't a set of driving rules enforced. However, in the UK there are and so you must follow them and not drive like you would in India.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    If you are against a multicultural nation, are you a racist?
    I'm not, but not necessarily.

A multicultural nation does increase social tension.

ReputationRep:
    Just doing some reading on the issue before I'm about to vote. After reading everything on this thread and others, I'm definitely voting to remain. It's super packed at the booth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by godofwine)
    Britain's no longer a super power. Being in the EU gives us a chance to compete with the other powerful nations. That's why economically speaking it is better for Britain to remain in the EU. The tories like to deflect the blame on the EU, but most of the problems that we are facing are due to their incompetence and not the EU. Personally, I think we should try to reform the EU rather than leave it altogether.

There is no guarantee that we can get better trade deals post-Brexit. That's why I think it's best to remain in a reformed EU.
    Reform EU? I do agree with you .

Name:  1466676825134.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  16.2 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not opposed to the concept of a European Union. A customs union and the logic behind it makes sense in a region composed of so many smaller nation states as Europe has. The issue isn't the principle but the practice. Has the EU actually done a good job of protecting European interests and industry? Has it driven a hard bargain with the likes of the Chinese when signing off on steel trade agreements? No. Actually the EU has often prioritized "human rights demands" above the interests of European industry. Most of them are sold on the concept of free-trade and are delusional enough to believe the rest of the world is too.

A similar criticism applies to the EU's policy towards its external borders, where it is explicitly more concerned with facilitating the inflow of tens of millions of racial aliens than it is with protecting these borders and limiting net inflows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anthony Ludovici)
    I'm not opposed to the concept of a European Union. A customs union and the logic behind it makes sense in a region composed of so many smaller nation states as Europe has. The issue isn't the principle but the practice. Has the EU actually done a good job of protecting European interests and industry? Has it driven a hard bargain with the likes of the Chinese when signing off on steel trade agreements? No. Actually the EU has often prioritized "human rights demands" above the interests of European industry. Most of them are sold on the concept of free-trade and are delusional enough to believe the rest of the world is too.

A similar criticism applies to the EU's policy towards its external borders, where it is explicitly more concerned with facilitating the inflow of tens of millions of racial aliens than it is with protecting these borders and limiting net inflows.
    The EU tried to increase tariffs on Chinese steel but the British govt opposed it.

Look at:

NAFTA
    ASEAN
    MERCOSOR
    ECOWAS

Most of the world are forming free trade blocs not leaving them so they are sold on the idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    The EU tried to increase tariffs on Chinese steel but the British govt opposed it.

Look at:

NAFTA
    ASEAN
    MERCOSOR
    ECOWAS

Most of the world are forming free trade blocs not leaving them so they are sold on the idea.
    This was after giving them good access to European markets in the first place.

As for the other blocs, it doesn't change the fact East Asian countries run fairly mercantile trade policies.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.