Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are humans lives greater than animals? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmileyVibe)
    What, why do you dislike humans? Are you not a human yourself or your friends/family not humans? Have you experienced disappointment or betrayal by someone in your life? So if the humans you hold close to you and an a cow were in a dangerous situation and you only had enough time and energy to save one, who would you save?

Are you vegan or vegetarian by any chance? So you're saying the friends, family's lives are the same as a cow? What has the cow done for you personally? If you believe all animals are the same as humans then you have to support all animals. You can't just chose the cute cuddley house pets and exclude dangerous animals like lion, tigers, or bears because they don't fit the cute image or included in the PETA videos.

Humans are worth more than animals because as a species we are smarter and have thumbs. Humans can contribute to society, develop inventions, and create things. You can teach your dog to wig his tail on command but your dog cannot become a doctor and perform a heart surgery. Your dog can't do basic math or do things a human can do. What does your average dog do? Oh, they wag their tails, pant, and provide you comfort but let's say your house was being robbed you would try to save your family first then your dog Chocolate. If you think human lives are worth as animals then that is an opinion as well.
    Half of the humans in this world are worth 0. Both humans and animals are worth the same, none are greater or lesser.. Yes, a dog cannot become a surgeon but they rescue people, serve as a guide for visually impaired people and are good at discovering illegal goods. You also forget that if their house is getting robbed, a well trained dog would defend it.. Dogs also defend their owners..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaya Ramanathan)
    No. Pavlov's research actually mentioned that if could in fact be the footsteps that caused the dog to salivate. An evil person can't always become a good person and they choose to do bad things.
    Classical conditioning is where an animal can learn to relate a pair of events and respond to the first in anticipation of the second.
    Operant conditioning is the learning that takes place in animals given punishment or reward to reinforce the preformance of a particular operation.
    what I described is operant conditioning, where an animal does a certain action that shows loyalty to get rewarded.

EXACTLY like you said they can't ALWAYS become good but some do, and that's my point. Yes, everyone chooses to do good and bad things, that's why we're humans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Half of the humans in this world are worth 0. Both humans and animals are worth the same, none are greater or lesser.. Yes, a dog cannot become a surgeon but they rescue people, serve as a guide for visually impaired people and are good at discovering illegal goods. You aussi forget that if their house is getting robbed, a well trained dog would defend it.. Dogs aussi defend their owners..
    Who is for you to decide who is worth what? And what do you mean by worth? Emotional worth? Physical worth? Material worth? Your argument seems to contradict itself anyway, dogs are only useful for the things you mentioned because of humans in the first place. If we are worth exactly the same as dogs because we are both capable of showing compassion, but humans are the ones who have to enable that, shouldn't that, by definition, make us worth more?

The argument within itself is idiotic in the first place, and so is the human-hating OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screwsociety)
    Your opinion is evil because it leads to unnecessary suffering.
    Will you please, please stop calling people 'evil' and 'Nazis' just because they don't agree with you? Those arguments are weak and they don't impress anybody. Besides, 'evil' is a blanket term, and any halfwit knows not to use blanket terms in an argument - and calling someone a 'Nazi' is guilt by association, and fallacious.
    Also, stop going off on tangents that have nothing to do with the argument. "Unnecessary suffering". We're not talking about the unnecessary suffering of animals in general, we're talking about the very necessary suffering of one gorilla!

And one more thing: do you know who else didn't eat meat, was opposed to testing cosmetics on animals, ran a campaign against animal torture and described himself as the 'saviour of all animals'?
    Adolf Hitler.
    Two can play at this game, my friend!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nelliebelly)
    Will you please, please stop calling people 'evil' and 'Nazis' just because they don't agree with you? Those arguments are weak and they don't impress anybody. Besides, 'evil' is a blanket term, and any halfwit knows not to use blanket terms in an argument - and calling someone a 'Nazi' is guilt by association, and fallacious.
    Bet you call a murderer evil?

Bet you call a rapist evil?

Does that make you a halfwit then? since you use a blanket term?

Also, stop going off on tangents that have nothing to do with the argument. "Unnecessary suffering". We're not talking about the unnecessary suffering of animals in general, we're talking about the very necessary suffering of one gorilla!
    I am not talking about the gorilla. This thread has nothing to do with the gorilla. I am talking about in general.

And one more thing: do you know who else didn't eat meat, was opposed to testing cosmetics on animals, ran a campaign against animal torture and described himself as the 'saviour of all animals'?
    Adolf Hitler.
    Two can play at this game, my friend!
    So?

Hitler was a good person in some areas then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pelaitsc45)
    Who is for you to decide who is worth what?
    Who are you to decide your species is greater than other species you hypocrite.

The argument within itself is idiotic in the first place, and so is the human-hating OP.
    You an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Screwsocietyy)
    Bet you call a murderer evil?

Bet you call a rapist evil?

Does that make you a halfwit then? since you use a blanket term?
    I might call these people evil, but not if I was trying to have a fair and reasonable debate with them!

ReputationRep:
    I might call these people evil, but not if I was trying to have a fair and reasonable debate with them!
    So you would treat a murderer and rapist with respect?

You're sick.

ReputationRep:
    So you would treat a murderer and rapist with respect?

You're sick.
    Right, that's it. I'm done with this argument. I don't want to waste my time on a pathetic fool who twists every word I say. I wanted to have a reasonable debate but all you do is attack your opponents. I should have ceased to reply the moment you started comparing people to Nazis.

ReputationRep:
    Right, that's it. I'm done with this argument. I don't want to waste my time on a pathetic fool who twists every word I say. I wanted to have a reasonable debate but all you do is attack your opponents. I should have ceased to reply the moment you started comparing people to Nazis.
    How do I twist words? Just telling it how it is.

You are a nazi.

ReputationRep:
    Who are you to decide your species is greater than other species you hypocrite.

If you read my post instead of being the illiterate, simple-minded idiot you are, then you would have seen that I provided a counter-argument. I never decided anything.

You an idiot.
    You can't even type properly.

ReputationRep:
    It's worth mentioning that humans are considered to be animals.

ReputationRep:
    If you read my post instead of being the illiterate, simple-minded idiot you are, then you would have seen that I provided a counter-argument. I never decided anything.
    I have re-read you post and all it is is narrow minded retarded misinformed opinions.

You can't even type properly.
    Very mature. Insulting my typing instead of addressing my rational arguments. That is textbook retard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fred412)
    It's worth mentioning that humans are considered to be animals.
    whats your point

ReputationRep:
    I kbn
    (Original post by screwsociety)
    Give me a reason. A FACT and not an OPINION.

Nonne of yous will be able to do it because saying 'humans lives are of greater value than a humans is just an opinion'

**** humans.

I would save the life of an animal over any human anyday.
    I know a lot of people who think the same way you do! Are you a vegetarian?

I think we should place more importance on animals' lives too. But I think it's natural to place the greatest importance on your own species' life - after all, animals do that too don't they.

ReputationRep:
    I have re-read you post and all it is is narrow minded retarded misinformed opinions.

Very mature. Insulting my typing instead of addressing my rational arguments. That is textbook retard
    You're a fine one to talk about maturity when you immediately disregard my argument as 'retarded' because you lack the brainpower/will/effort to come up with an opposing argument.

ReputationRep:
    Cuckadooledoo

ReputationRep:
    Who is for you to decide who is worth what? And what do you mean by worth? Emotional worth? Physical worth? Material worth? Your argument seems to contradict itself anyway, dogs are only useful for the things you mentioned because of humans in the first place. If we are worth exactly the same as dogs because we are both capable of showing compassion, but humans are the ones who have to enable that, shouldn't that, by definition, make us worth more?

There are more things to that. You sound like the type of a human that I'd wish never existed in the first place and you sound very mature by calling other people by names, just shows what kind of humans we do not need on this world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    There are more things to that. You sound like the type of a human that I'd wish never existed in the first place and you sound very mature by calling other people by names, just shows what kind of humans we do not need on this world.
    Yes, call me a human not worth existing and say that there's more to it, without listing any of those things.

You're really good at this whole argument thing.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.