Official imperial college london 2017 applicants

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nonametosee)
    Are you for real?
    Are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KloppOClock)
    Are you?
    Well, yeah! What kind of trickery is this?

ReputationRep:
    Well, yeah! What kind of trickery is this?
    I would kill for your grades.

ReputationRep:
    I would kill for your grades.
    That's the problem isn't it. People in my school are averaging around 100%, 99.5%, 99.3%, 99.2%, 98.8%, 97.6%, 97.2% etc etc and most of them are predicted A*A*A*A* But we gotta learn to be happy with what we have Trust me I would kill my friends for their grades as well

ReputationRep:
    Intended Subject - Civil Engineering

GCSE - (Not good) 7 A*s 5 A's

AS Levels - (I've done it already) A*AA (Looking at around 94.4% average across all subjects)

Predicted A2 - A*A*A*A (I'm shooting myself over my A prediction )

PS: If you're gonna ask why I got an A* at AS, it's because I did the full maths A-Level in my first year

What are my chances?
    Your chances are very high... Your grades and predictions are in no way bad (and you hopefully know this)! They're also way better than mine, and I'm starting chemistry with molecular physics in two weeks time (which is probably less competitive, but still...). Grades aren't the only thing they look at though, and you'll definitely have an an interview for engineering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firefly13)
    I would lean towards thinking the admissions office is right, but I wouldn't be surprised if they misunderstood your question and got the answer wrong. As long as you meet their other subject requirements (and especially if it's a fourth A Level) then I don't think there is any harm in applying - you can chose five universities to apply to after all and you don't want to end up regretting not putting it down
    emailed them again and they said it's sound, cheers anyway

ReputationRep:

AS Levels - (I've done it already) A*AA (Looking at around 94.4% average across all subjects)

PS: If you're gonna ask why I got an A* at AS, it's because I did the full maths A-Level in my first year

What are my chances?
    Not sure if you're genuinely doubting you'll get an interview at least or you're just humblebragging...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    Not sure if you're genuinely doubting you'll get an interview at least or you're just humblebragging...
    He/she made me roll my eyes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TiernanW)
    He/she made me roll my eyes.
    I got 92 A*s at GCSE, and I've already completed all 17 of my A-levels in year 12. I got an A* in 16 of them but accidentally got an A in my 17th A-level (only revised for 9 minutes instead of the 10 minutes I revised for everything else). I know Imperial is out of the question, but will London Met at least accept me?

ReputationRep:
    I got 92 A*s at GCSE, and I've already completed all 17 of my A-levels in year 12. I got an A* in 16 of them but accidentally got an A in my 17th A-level (only revised for 9 minutes instead of the 10 minutes I revised for everything else). I know Imperial is out of the question, but will London Met at least accept me?
    Can't cope. x'D

ReputationRep:
    Sorry m8. I am afraid...no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)
    Sorry m8. I am afraid...no
    Damn, guess I'm off to do an apprenticeship in shoe polishing then.

ReputationRep:

What are my chances?
    People like you are very irritating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    People like you are very irritating.
    You know that these kinds of people get places at Oxbridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)
    nah, i know people who will get oxbridge places and dont sound stuck up

ReputationRep:
    nah, i know people who will get oxbridge places and dont sound stuck up
    Oh believe me, my chances of getting into Oxbridge are basically non existent because I'm a foreign student.

ReputationRep:
    oh believe me, my chances of getting into oxbridge are basically non existent because i'm a foreign student.
    nonsense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)
    nonsense
    Wait, if he's an international student, he literally needs a flawless academic record.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)
    Not really true. I've never actually seen or heard of a stick up Oxbridge student. I have seen a handful of stuck up prospective students though. Naturally, some ***** are students there, but there likely in the minority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    Wait, if he's an international student, he literally needs a flawless academic record.
    ^Yeah. Non-EU students are really heavily disadvantaged in Oxbridge admissions

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.