Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can someone remind me what the Chinese postman questions were for part (b) and (c)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenLovesMaths)
    Did anyone else get P=£515 for the last question? I think I got X=21 and y=10, which gave £515
    I got that answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hi-zen-berg)
    Cheers. Wasn't it 2x≥y though?
    Nah cause it said X had to be at least twice at large as y

ReputationRep:
    Is the answer to the last question £520?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tajtsracc)
    The question said "x is atleast twice as many as y" which I'm sure is x ≥ 2y. So if for example y is 50 then x is 100, which is twice as many.
    (Original post by Hjyu1)
    Nah cause it said X had to be at least twice at large as y
    ahhhh i see thx.

so i plotted 2x>y but got the correct subsequent x and y values (24 and 8) and correct profit

how many marks do u think I dropped?
    M1 for wrong line
    A1 for wrong feasible region?

ReputationRep:
    ahhhh i see thx.

so i plotted 2x>y but got the correct subsequent x and y values (24 and 8) and correct profit

M1 for wrong line
    Wrong line, Wrong FR, Wrong Inequality (first part of Q) so probably 3

ReputationRep:
    I got that too, was your x = 24 and y = 8?
    I know I got 8 and 20 something
    I had a double exam today so my brain is fried so can't remember most the answers

ReputationRep:
    ahhhh i see thx.

M1 for wrong line
    I'm looking at the June 2015 paper and from the looks of it you probably lost only 2 (B1) marks, which is fine.

EDIT oh yeah another for getting the inequality wrong for the question before lol
    Ok thanks guys. Think im sitting on 65/75 then

C3 really, really, really ****ed me up so i had my tryhard pants but what can you do.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get £505 for the last question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zack158)
    Calm ur tits you penguin virgin i bet you couldnt even get a ***** on bin weevils
    oi m9 why u hatin on bin weevils its a gud game

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get 69 for the other upper bound, because it sounds like most people got 67?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayleigh216)
    Did anyone get £505 for the last question
    I did and someone else earlier in the thread did but apparently it's wrong, should've been £520 or something.

I assume it will carry ft marks though for reading the wrong points...maybe...I didn't look at Decision mark schemes a lot before the exam

ReputationRep:
    Most people got £520 in my class

ReputationRep:
    any *UMS ideas for 65 raw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mgill17)
    I did and someone else earlier in the thread did but apparently it's wrong, should've been £520 or something.

I assume it will carry ft marks though for reading the wrong points...maybe...I didn't look at Decision mark schemes a lot before the exam
    I got £505 too, the last section was 3 marks so we should pick up atleast 1 ft mark.

ReputationRep:
    any *UMS ideas for 65 raw?
    83 UMS imo, 62/63 for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BanterBus)
    I got £505 too, the last section was 3 marks so we should pick up atleast 1 ft mark.
    That's not too bad then. I did a rough count up assuming I'd got that wrong and I had about 61/62...but I was incredibly harsh on myself so that's a worst case scenario.

I really need an A but after how abysmal core 3 was I highly doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mgill17)
    That's not too bad then. I did a rough count up assuming I'd got that wrong and I had about 61/62...but I was incredibly harsh on myself so that's a worst case scenario.

I really need an A but after how abysmal core 3 was I highly doubt it.
    Core 3 will be low dw Literally no-one I asked found it easy and twitter was going mental. 60 was an A last year so you should safely by around an A boundary, even if it goes up by 1 or two marks which it most likely will.

ReputationRep:
    The question said "x is atleast twice as many as y" which I'm sure is x ≥ 2y. So if for example y is 50 then x is 100, which is twice as many.
    If I put 2x>y and then did my profit thing right from my line, do you reckon I get error carried forward?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BanterBus)
    Core 3 will be low dw Literally no-one I asked found it easy and twitter was going mental. 60 was an A last year so you should safely by around an A boundary, even if it goes up by 1 or two marks which it most likely will.
    ffs I hope so I reckon I got about 40 in core 3! It was horrid.
    I think the highest for an A in D1 was maybe the 64 mark? so even if they do go higher than 1 or 2 marks it's still a B...I hope

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 28, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.