The Student Room Group

Are there any other fellow Petrolheads out there?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by djmans
i'd love to join:smile:

Sweet! An invite will be coming your way soon! :smile:
Reply 121
Original post by BMWM3
yup, did u see his brz wrapped?

yeah! it looks so nice with wide front fenders
Original post by FireFreezer77
@Themini I got a notification about your response but there's no response here.
I'm confused.

probably a glitch lol.

Heres a list of mine:

55 reg BMW 530d 3.0 turbo diesel
57 reg BMW 535d m sport 3.0 twin turbo diesel
06 reg Jeep hemi 5.7 N/A V8 (scariest car by far)
95/96 N reg VW golf vr6 3.2 N/A ( scary quick)
14 reg BMW x3 3.0 diesel
waiting to go in an 6.2 AMG V8 merc after exams.
Original post by djmans
do you watch Tj hunt he is good.

Oh how hid I forget him!, yes he is one of my favorites :biggrin:
M5 FTW!! It sure is! Magnificent!
Hmm I didn't think it was aggressive enough tbh, that's why I didn't really like that one.
But it's not a bad car at all!
I'm more into Camaros myself but I love the new Mustang and is predecessor too!
190moh I believe it is unlimited.
What do you think of the E39 M5?
I'm guessing your favourite brand is BMW btw?

Tbh, I don't care much for those kinda M5's like the E39. But I do like that there is still that heritage in the car and that you can still see that it was a road car worthy of monstrous speeds.

I'm not too sure why the F10 doesn't hit 205mph like the E60? It has more power etc? I can only imagine that it wasn't BMW's top priority?

Just to me the F10 had a bit of a rumble with the exhaust and I like that. To me V8 rumbles are aggressive. Again this comes from my fascination with Mustang's!

Probably tbh. BMW is a really good brand but I like there ///M power cars the most tbh. My favourite 3 types of cars would be BMW M5, Mclaren P1, Mustang's.

Yeah American muscle is sick!!!! I love Mustang's because they are absolutely manic. Absolutely bonkers. Just mad. And those stripes... ohhhhhhhhhh my goooooooooodddddd. I think I just spunk'd myself over those stripes :s-smilie:
If you look at the Mach 1, HUGE BONNET (LOVELY!!!!) and the two stripes etc and it's LOUD with the RUMBLE. But so many years later even with the new Gt350, you can still tell that there are similarities. The body etc is completely new, but, inside lays the same mental monster there was years ago. The car has improved so much but not lost anything special imo. That's why I love the heritage of them!
Original post by Themini
probably a glitch lol.

Heres a list of mine:

55 reg BMW 530d 3.0 turbo diesel
57 reg BMW 535d m sport 3.0 twin turbo diesel
06 reg Jeep hemi 5.7 N/A V8 (scariest car by far)
95/96 N reg VW golf vr6 3.2 N/A ( scary quick)
14 reg BMW x3 3.0 diesel
waiting to go in an 6.2 AMG V8 merc after exams.

Damn glitches!

That's an impressive list of Beemers!
How did you manage to get in all those BMW's?
The Jeep sounds awesome! I'd love to own a Hemi V8 powered car!
Did the Golf surprise you at all?
Original post by ....Jeff458
Tbh, I don't care much for those kinda M5's like the E39. But I do like that there is still that heritage in the car and that you can still see that it was a road car worthy of monstrous speeds.

I'm not too sure why the F10 doesn't hit 205mph like the E60? It has more power etc? I can only imagine that it wasn't BMW's top priority?

Just to me the F10 had a bit of a rumble with the exhaust and I like that. To me V8 rumbles are aggressive. Again this comes from my fascination with Mustang's!

Probably tbh. BMW is a really good brand but I like there ///M power cars the most tbh. My favourite 3 types of cars would be BMW M5, Mclaren P1, Mustang's.

Yeah American muscle is sick!!!! I love Mustang's because they are absolutely manic. Absolutely bonkers. Just mad. And those stripes... ohhhhhhhhhh my goooooooooodddddd. I think I just spunk'd myself over those stripes :s-smilie:
If you look at the Mach 1, HUGE BONNET (LOVELY!!!!) and the two stripes etc and it's LOUD with the RUMBLE. But so many years later even with the new Gt350, you can still tell that there are similarities. The body etc is completely new, but, inside lays the same mental monster there was years ago. The car has improved so much but not lost anything special imo. That's why I love the heritage of them!

Ah ok then. I like the E39 tbh.
There sure is heritage in it and it sure is fast!

It's confusing isn't it! You'd expect it to be faster than the E60 but it does seem like they had other priorities than top speed I guess. It's a shame really. It could be to do with being economical maybe? But it's a performance saloon so that's unlikely.

Ah I see, you love the sounds of low pitched V8's! They're great sounding but I prefer V12/V10's tbh (hence why I prefer the E60).

The M power cars are pretty damn awesome!
Hmm ok then, not bad!
Mine are: Mazda RX7, Nissan Silvia S15 and Toyota Supra MK4 (I'm a huge jdm fan!)

It's pretty cool! Have you seen the new Shelby Super Snake? That thing is bonkers!!
Stripes make them infinitely cooler!!!
The Mach One has to be one of the best Mustangs ever!!
The Long hood is awesome! The sound is awesome!!
The GT350 is awesome!! I've not heard one yet but I'm sure it sounds mad!!!
Yeah the body looks amazing! But it's still a Mustang at heart! That can't be changed!
Do you like Ken Blocks Hoonicorn? It's a 65 Mustang!
Ah ok then. I like the E39 tbh.
There sure is heritage in it and it sure is fast!

It's confusing isn't it! You'd expect it to be faster than the E60 but it does seem like they had other priorities than top speed I guess. It's a shame really. It could be to do with being economical maybe? But it's a performance saloon so that's unlikely.

Ah I see, you love the sounds of low pitched V8's! They're great sounding but I prefer V12/V10's tbh (hence why I prefer the E60).

The M power cars are pretty damn awesome!
Hmm ok then, not bad!
Mine are: Mazda RX7, Nissan Silvia S15 and Toyota Supra MK4 (I'm a huge jdm fan!)

It's pretty cool! Have you seen the new Shelby Super Snake? That thing is bonkers!!
Stripes make them infinitely cooler!!!
The Mach One has to be one of the best Mustangs ever!!
The Long hood is awesome! The sound is awesome!!
The GT350 is awesome!! I've not heard one yet but I'm sure it sounds mad!!!
Yeah the body looks amazing! But it's still a Mustang at heart! That can't be changed!
Do you like Ken Blocks Hoonicorn? It's a 65 Mustang!

I don't watch Ken Block etc but I have heard of him. Not a big fan of modified cars or altered cars if you get me so I am a pure Mustang man. The Shelby Super snake does look pretty bloody awesome.

jdm fan??? What does that mean? That should answer my question as yo why you prefer those kind of cars. To me they sound like drifting cars but can't be sure why you like them.

Probably just a BMW decision tbh. Unlikely fuel economy. It has 560 hp and is suspected to leave the factory with actually 600+bhp so probs not fuel economy hahaha. If it matched the E60 205mph mark then i suspect the M5 would have given cars like Ferrari's a good run for their money. A very good run indeed.

Yup low pitched v8's. I have always thought of v10's being a deep sort of below especially the R8 5.2? V12's I think of as a scream. No idea how BMW got the E60's V10 to scream like that!
Original post by ....Jeff458
I don't watch Ken Block etc but I have heard of him. Not a big fan of modified cars or altered cars if you get me so I am a pure Mustang man. The Shelby Super snake does look pretty bloody awesome.

jdm fan??? What does that mean? That should answer my question as yo why you prefer those kind of cars. To me they sound like drifting cars but can't be sure why you like them.

Probably just a BMW decision tbh. Unlikely fuel economy. It has 560 hp and is suspected to leave the factory with actually 600+bhp so probs not fuel economy hahaha. If it matched the E60 205mph mark then i suspect the M5 would have given cars like Ferrari's a good run for their money. A very good run indeed.

Yup low pitched v8's. I have always thought of v10's being a deep sort of below especially the R8 5.2? V12's I think of as a scream. No idea how BMW got the E60's V10 to scream like that!

I'm a huge fan of him!
Ah ok then, I wasn't until recently tbh (I never realized what could be done). But that's perfectly understandable!
It sure does! Apparently it's quite lary to drive too!

Japanese Domestic Market (Japanese cars). I just like the styling, the engines, the fact that they're fun to drive (apparently), the fact that they can be modded to extreme levels!
Plus I love the rotary engine so that is partly why too!
They are commonly used for drifiting as they're front engined, rear drive! Plus they're easy to mod too!

Yeah I guess so! Yeah it sounded stupid once I'd typed it haha! But I couldn't be bothered to delete it!
That's still a nice amount of power though!!
It can still give some Ferraris a run for their money! Maybe not the brand new ones but some of the slightly older ones maybe?

I can see why you love them! I've always thought of V10's as higher pitched tbh, Like Lambos, and the Lexus LFA. Even the V10 F1 cars too. But the R8 is low pitched.
It's an unusual sound isn't it! There's some very clever people at BMW!
V12's are magnificent! Esp the one in the Lambo Aventador!
I would love an invite too! :smile:
Original post by Stallzy
I would love an invite too! :smile:

Sure thing!!

What are your favourite cars?
Sure thing!!

What are your favourite cars?

Nissan Skyline R34
Audi R8 V10 (new one)
Toyota Supra
Porsche Cayman GT4
Honda Civic Type-R EP3
Fiesta ST MK7

Quite a lot of JDM, most classic Nissan's / Hondas and Evo's, probably due to watching the early F&F films so much younger, however I do really like the Cayman GT4 and Audi R8 V10.

Had my first driving test, 5 minors, none for mirrors and signals, just being slightly close to the kerb etc, and then my examiner made me turn into the road next to the one where I started to finish and I went straight over the flat part.

Next test in July.
Original post by Stallzy
Nissan Skyline R34
Audi R8 V10 (new one)
Toyota Supra
Porsche Cayman GT4
Honda Civic Type-R EP3
Fiesta ST MK7

Quite a lot of JDM, most classic Nissan's / Hondas and Evo's, probably due to watching the early F&F films so much younger, however I do really like the Cayman GT4 and Audi R8 V10.

Had my first driving test, 5 minors, none for mirrors and signals, just being slightly close to the kerb etc, and then my examiner made me turn into the road next to the one where I started to finish and I went straight over the flat part.

Next test in July.

Yes! All of those are all awesome cars!

Yes a fellow jdm fan! Evo's are magnificent!
Do you like Mazdas?
Believe it or not, ive not seen F&F before haha!
But the Cayman and R8 are also brilliant!
I like your taste in cars!

Ah nice one!
Im sorry to hear you failed your test.
Im sure youll ace your next one!!
Good luck!
Big Chevrolet and Maserati fan. An odd combo I know 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NathLocke64
Big Chevrolet and Maserati fan. An odd combo I know 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah thats not an odd combo!

What are your favourite cars by them?
Nah thats not an odd combo!

What are your favourite cars by them?

Got to be the Granturismo MC Stradale and the Stingray but I love them all
Original post by NathLocke64
Got to be the Granturismo MC Stradale and the Stingray but I love them all

Both are great cars!
Esp the Stingray! Those things are beautiful!!!
Do you like the MC12?
What did you think of the Ford Cougar cars

Posted from TSR Mobile
i'm searching for a decent 91 E30 318i. I had a 325i sitting in the garage a while ago as I was going to use it as a project car but the insurance was too high for 17 year old. 318i comes in at about 2-3 grand. Here's me madly searching for a job atm.
(edited 7 years ago)
Both are great cars!
Esp the Stingray! Those things are beautiful!!!
Do you like the MC12?

A beefed up Enzo? How could I not? I call it the MC Hammer

Quick Reply

Latest