Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyadtr)
    For the bel marsh case the prisoners used judicial review to appeal to the court on the lines that the law parliament passed infringes on their rights stated in the echr...parliament never wants stuff like this to happen cause it limits what they can do..as all eu law succeeds uk law they have to change the law if the eu court for human rights thinks it contradicts the rights started in echr
    It's similar to the factortame case with eu fisheries law contradicting our own law and the result of that was eu law won so we weren't allowed to keep our law to do with fishing in place anymore....
    Did that help a little bit? I'm not doing judiciary so I'm not sure about the judges bit but I know they dedicate their lives to protecting civil rights /echr

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeas thanks!! tbh it feels like judiciary is the hardest one argh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    Noooooo
    Look at the things I'm missing😩
    Effectiveness of parliament basically means how well does it carry out its functions....you know the functions right? Like scrutiny accountability, deliberation legitimation opposition etc?

Effectiveness of commons can link to what MPs do as well as their deliberation opposition, scrutiny of government eg questions to ministers...if you need more info I can send you stuff from the book

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't suppose anyone has any essay plans?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vinidor)
    Yeas thanks!! tbh it feels like judiciary is the hardest one argh
    It is! Even though it's the smallest unit it covers vast amounts of case law examples and all that stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It is! Even though it's the smallest unit it covers vast amounts of case law examples and all that stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think doing the judiciary could be beneficial since no-one does it maybe it'll be marked nicer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sampowellwales)
    Don't suppose anyone has any essay plans?
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465242551.166151.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  72.5 KB
    how effective are back bench MPs starting point!
    I've got essay plans for the pm and cabinet section about power/presidential if you need them and cabinet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelpain)
    I think doing the judiciary could be beneficial since no-one does it maybe it'll be marked nicer
    Exactly that's one reason to do it, they might be nice and ask if civil liberties are at risk or even more so an up to date question about a bill of rights

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Exactly that's one reason to do it, they might be nice and ask if civil liberties are at risk or even more so an up to date question about a bill of rights

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Civil liberties would be nice but it was asked last year so i'm not sure, I don't want to predict though after today's paper 😂

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465242551.166151.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  72.5 KB
    how effective are back bench MPs starting point!
    I've got essay plans for the pm and cabinet section about power/presidential if you need them and cabinet

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! Pm and cabinet would be great too thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Civil liberties would be nice but it was asked last year so i'm not sure, I don't want to predict though after today's paper 😂
    The only dodgy question was that democracy one...I don't have any predictions really now that came up 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's a question of likely it's just pot luck, but if you wanna risk it you can but learning 3 can be done. I can give you a starting point with some powerpoints? I just don't have judiciary

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm fairly confident on Judiciary but need help with constitution and Parliament if you have any power points for those that'd be great! Also what kind of 5/10 markers come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sampowellwales)
    Thanks! Pm and cabinet would be great too thanks!
    sorry im too lazy to shorten everything so heres my powerpoint, you dont need to read it all the titles of the slide practically act as an essay plan..hopefully its useful to you!
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: pptx topic 3 The Prime Minister and the Cabinet.pptx (138.8 KB, 184 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Randall)
    I'm fairly confident on Judiciary but need help with constitution and Parliament if you have any power points for those that'd be great! Also what kind of 5/10 markers come up?
    gotcha, ive attached them and i feel like it might be something contemporary on the eu for one of them at least, if the democracy essay was about the eu then its more likely to be a shorter mark question like where has sovereignty gone? or how does eu affect sovereignty or i could be completely wrong!
    Attached Files
  2. File Type: pptx Topic 1 the constitution.pptx (132.5 KB, 132 views)
  3. File Type: pptx Topic 2 parliament.pptx (132.4 KB, 83 views)

ReputationRep:
    sorry im too lazy to shorten everything so heres my powerpoint, you dont need to read it all the titles of the slide practically act as an essay plan..hopefully its useful to you!
    do you have parliament molly?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243415.599546.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  171.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243431.902444.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  175.4 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243444.350283.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  170.8 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243461.333331.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  192.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243476.839731.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  168.7 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243493.644864.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  176.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243506.952411.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  177.8 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465243521.234349.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  193.0 KB

Politics review!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The Hol is now more effective in checking Gov power than the Commons....apparently that hasn't come up for a while!

ReputationRep:
    do you have parliament molly?
    here ya go, in case you cant find them on the thread
    Attached Files
  4. File Type: pptx Topic 2 parliament.pptx (132.4 KB, 53 views)

ReputationRep:
    The Hol is now more effective in checking Gov power than the Commons....apparently that hasn't come up for a while!
    Ohhhhh that would be a nice debate question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhhh that would be a nice debate question

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i wonder if constitution will be the 40 marker or parliament

ReputationRep:
    i wonder if constitution will be the 40 marker or parliament
    Do you know what it was last year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.