Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nverjvlev)
    I'm in yr 13 but I've decided I'm not going to leaver's ball... I guess you have to work out if the pros outweigh the cons for you. Yeah, you might regret not going in the future, but if it's just going to make you unhappy, it's not worth it. Have you discussed it with the people you're still on good terms with? Maybe that will help?

If your friends understand and you decide not to go, you could always arrange to meet up a different time, like an alternative prom ahaha. Hope you make the right decision for you
    Aww yeah I have discussed it with them, and they really want me to go. But i'm still not feeling to go. I've only got a short time to decide now.

Thank you for your advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luciie)
    I decided not to go a few months ago and when I start to regret my decision I think of all the money I've saved and my regret magically disappears
    I completely felt the opposite of that, I really wanted to go a few months back, but it's all changed now. The fact that got a really close wedding too, makes me think if i'll have enough money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tilly5798)
    I enjoyed Year 11 prom, as i had a close friendship group (girls and boys) and had a good time- didn't go to after-party and instead, we went to a friend's for a sleepover but we were all so tired so didn't do any too exciting apart from watching films and eating dessert.

I'm still friends with all of them except one but when sixth form came around, all of them left for different places so i was stuck at my sixth form (same place as where i went to secondary school) and oh my goodness did i hate it. Especially lower sixth- i had nothing in common with anyone in my year and was spending most of my time by myself and crying almost every night because i hate being lonely.
    I was only lonely at school, as i had great friends outside of school and people in different years but i was too afraid to ask to hang out with them and felt like i was intruding into their groups. I don't have social anxiety, i love talking to new people but the fact that i've been at this school since year 7, everyone knows me and about my past etc etc
    During Lower Sixth, i had a boyfriend who was in my year and spent most of my time with him and his mates.

I'm in Upper Sixth now (almost finished woo) and found it a lot easier as i was friends with lovely people from the year below but i have one good friend who retook the year so she is in the same year as me. Going back to the point of this chat, we will hopefully be spending leaver's ball together and try not to hate everyone too much. But at the end of the day, i've enjoyed sixth form but am looking forward to a new chapter (that being university). Sixth form only lasts for 2 years , it makes up a micro proportion of your school career and university will be one of the best times of your life, if you make it happen.

Sorry for ranting, but i'm just glad i am not the only person who felt like myself but i am very happy
    Oh my gosh I love the colours of your dress, it's not the length i would personally go for because I don't like my legs haha. But it looks really nice.
    Sorry it's taken along time to get back to you.
    I'm hopefully moving to another school, so I want really need to stay with some of the people in my year.
    I'm still contemplating whether to go or not....

And its ok everyone has to let out how they feel every so often

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tangareen)
    Exams are soon to be over and proms coming...

What is everyone doing for prom?

If your not going why not?
    If you are that's great, have a good time.

Anyway I don't know if i should go to prom, I'm having mixed feelings.
    One moment I don't want to go because I don't like certain people. But then its the last time with all these people the ones I like and those that i don't.

Is anyone feeling the same?
    I'm defo going cos I know I will regret it but I get what you mean cos there's quite a few people I don't like.
    But the last party I had with my year everyone came together and put aside their differences which was great, so i'm sure that will happen with your year group too cos everyone will just want to enjoy themselves right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbigm1)
    I'm defo going cos I know I will regret it but I get what you mean cos there's quite a few people I don't like.
    But the last party I had with my year everyone came together and put aside their differences which was great, so i'm sure that will happen with your year group too cos everyone will just want to enjoy themselves right.
    That's good your going, I bet you'll enjoy it especially if you've experienced being with your whole year at a party before. I'm still deciding whether to go or not.

ReputationRep:
    That's good your going, I bet you'll enjoy it especially if you've experienced being with your whole year at a party before. I'm still deciding whether to go or not.
    To be honest I think you should go mainly if you want to take nice pictures with your friends, cos I think it is the after party that most look forward to as obviously at prom we can't drink in front of teachers lol
    and it is likely you will be seated with the people you like so u cld just ignore the existence of those you don't like or get on with
    And btw, when is your prom, you seem quite last minute cos mine is in less than a week and you're still contemplating on going?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going because I think the whole thing is pretty embarrassing and a waste of time. There's also no point in me going because I have no friends and I'd look ridiculous. Going to night that is so focused on appearance would be a very bad idea, for me anyway. No matter how much a couple of my teachers tried to persuade me, there was no way I was going.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh I love the colours of your dress, it's not the length i would personally go for because I don't like my legs haha. But it looks really nice.
    I'm hopefully moving to another school, so I want really need to stay with some of the people in my year.

I think you meant to send that to someone else ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbigm1)
    To be honest I think you should go mainly if you want to take nice pictures with your friends, cos I think it is the after party that most look forward to as obviously at prom we can't drink in front of teachers lol
    and it is likely you will be seated with the people you like so u cld just ignore the existence of those you don't like or get on with
    And btw, when is your prom, you seem quite last minute cos mine is in less than a week and you're still contemplating on going?

My prom is on the 7th July, I am being quite last minute. But I think it is worth deciding whether to go or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tilly5798)
    I think you meant to send that to someone else ^^
    SORRYY it was supposed to go to someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustJusty)
    I think as long as you have one or two people there to at least talk to, you'll be fine, even if they're not very close friends.

As for the dress, I bought mine from a Thai lady at the market.Attachment 546343I've attached a picture. I'm not sure if you're interested in what it looked like or if this is your kind of thing, but I personally fell in love with it straight away. You really don't have to dish out a lot of money. I have a friend who spent £12 on her dress (granted, it was quite plain and from a charity shop), but it was something she liked, and she looked great. (Fun fact: my dad actually picked out my dress and my shoes.)

If part of you feels like you want to go, then I'd go for it, and make it a much better night than mine. My negative attitude probably brought most of the bad things on xD. Last piece of advice: if you go, be classy and lovely and show everyone that you're better than them

P.S.: Thank you I like writing, but I go off on too many tangents.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.