Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student0042)
    I have no clue. I don't even remember it saying that haha. I should read more carefully.
    Yeah it said K was angular momentum in the huge paragraph of mostly unnecessary information. I also tend not to read these. It was about a lunar module or a satellite or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Slice of Pi)
    Yeah it said K was angular momentum in the huge paragraph of mostly unnecessary information. I also tend not to read these. It was about a lunar module or a satellite or something
    I kind of went straight to the question, like I normally do. That'll teach me I guess...

ReputationRep:
    atleast im not alone, putting so much pressure on C3 and C4 now

ReputationRep:
    It wanted the magnitude, so +12 was right. I got 3/7 and 6/7 too. I also remember getting L^2 T^-1 for 2b. That's all I remember, I don't want to remember this paper anymore.
    Flipping hell, I totally forgot there was a question on dimensional analysis! My memory of this exam solely consisted of blank pages until you mentioned it 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Flipping hell, I totally forgot there was a question on dimensional analysis! My memory of this exam solely consisted of blank pages until you mentioned it 😂
    Even that one was a bit unusual this year.

ReputationRep:
    Even that one was a bit unusual this year.
    There was nothing usual in this paper. The first question was too easy, it was like M1 Q1, and I knew I was in for a ride as soon as I saw it

ReputationRep:
    There was nothing usual in this paper. The first question was too easy, it was like M1 Q1, and I knew I was in for a ride as soon as I saw it
    I was surprised myself. It seemed like they had 4 marks left over and needed to make it total 75 so just stuck any random easy question at the beginning.

ReputationRep:
    I was surprised myself. It seemed like they had 4 marks left over and needed to make it total 75 so just stuck any random easy question at the beginning.
    I completely blanked on it though, and had no idea what to do. I knew how to do the second part, but didn't have a speed. Oh well, I'm still getting a U lol.

ReputationRep:
    I did. Whether it's right is another story. I know I made a silly mistake on Q7 (b) and couldn't finish 6 (b) in time
    Same here with question 6 b - all I had left was to equate two equations properly! Another 30 minutes and I reckon I could have got that and 7... Ah well.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, if the A* requirement wasn't in FM I would, but I'm expecting a D on this exam. And FP2 will surely be a present from Satan as well
    I'm in the same boat - also need an A* in FM for Cambridge. Let's hope we can get A*s in everything else and that the admissions tutors show mercy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swindelz)
    Same here with question 6 b - all I had left was to equate two equations properly! Another 30 minutes and I reckon I could have got that and 7... Ah well.
    What do you reckon the grade boundaries will be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swindelz)
    I'm in the same boat - also need an A* in FM for Cambridge. Let's hope we can get A*s in everything else and that the admissions tutors show mercy.
    What course?
    Yeah I'll have to rely on their mercy lol

ReputationRep:
    What do you reckon the grade boundaries will be?
    I reckon A* - 59, A - 54, B - 47, C - 41, D - 36, E - 30
    Something like that, hopefully that'll get me a B. Knowing AQA, they will be higher though.

ReputationRep:
    yeah that was the worst exam i ever sat, was completely lost on the projectile question, wouldve gotten full marks on number 8 with a little more time, i reckon i lost 15 marks alreadyd

ReputationRep:
    Disgusting with and without vectors

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I reckon A* - 59, A - 54, B - 47, C - 41, D - 36, E - 30
    Something like that, hopefully that'll get me a B. Knowing AQA, they will be higher though.
    I reckon E could be lower, that's the only boundary I need to look at.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjsnyder)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahaha me too. It may be lower (I hope it will be lower), I was literally guessing them, but also making them reasonable-ish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjsnyder)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you need this to be a good grade, or do you have others to rely on?

ReputationRep:
    Did you need this to be a good grade, or do you have others to rely on?
    No I can throw this away, but if I mess up on any others then I won't get an A* Will have to do some work for FP2, wasn't going to revise for FM as I have step which is way harder, but looks like I should do a few papers now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aoxa)
    No, funnily enough. One of them walked out and actually said he found it alright, and 'quite enjoyable'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All the Oxbridge people I spoke to found it really hard

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.