Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    This my suggestions then
    • Treat the F51 with the same rules as regards to other members
    • Don't delete spammy threads on the subsribers thread as longs as they are legal
    • Maybe delete the moaning thread and start a new one from scratch to maon about things (not members)
    • Make sure Viena dosn't have any access unless she pays

If you want any of that to have any credence, you should drop the Vienna vendetta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    This is giving me a headache now :P
    *passes the asprin* Me too.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I admit the Don was wrong, I openly admit that, and I won't negative rep somebody with the don again. As for whoring we have somthing called MSN which may make it impossible to moderate.

The subsribers should not have to follow all the same rules because its not public there for certain legal issues may not apply. Ok *****ing about other members should perhaps be discouraged but it didn't happen as much as what some people are making out.

I think Viena mustn't have anymore access to the forum unless she pays £5 and becomes a ligimate subsriber.
    k, dons and whoring are not allowed. we can't really do much about MSN.

Vienna should not be accessing 51 for free and I will be contacting parties involved.

I think legal implications are really nothing.

Don't forget that people ***** in the other forums anyway. Theres not much we can do about the *****ing, it could be anywhere and if someone wants to stab someone in the back its up to them. They arn't breaking any rules aprt from the 'be friendly' one which is a bit unrealistic anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    If you want any of that to have any credence, you should drop the Vienna vendetta
    I have nothing against her (well I do but I am not arguing about that here) I what I am against is her having access to it for free. Giving other members your password is also against the rules.

ReputationRep:
    This my suggestions then

• Don't delete spammy threads on the subsribers thread as longs as they are legal
    • Maybe delete the moaning thread and start a new one from scratch to maon about things (not members)
    Scrap the last bit, and you've summed up what I've been saying all along. Grrrr!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    k, dons and whoring are not allowed. we can't really do much about MSN.

Vienna should not be accessing 51 for free and I will be contacting parties involved.

I think legal implications are really nothing.

Don't forget that people ***** in the other forums anyway. Theres not much we can do about the *****ing, it could be anywhere and if someone wants to stab someone in the back its up to them. They arn't breaking any rules aprt from the 'be friendly' one which is a bit unrealistic anyway.
    I am perfectly happy with that, can it also be made a rule that people including paid subsribers can't leak anything out of the F51 forum?

(Original post by Infinity)
    *passes the asprin* Me too.
    Do i not get some as well? I might call it a night and see if all the fuss has ceased tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I am perfectly happy with that, can it also be made a rule that people including paid subsribers can't leak anything out of the F51 forum?
    That's not really very practical.

ReputationRep:
    This my suggestions then
    Its my account that i gave to her, i dont need my account that much since ive got things that im working on, java projects programming, web based msn etc. Infact other than the 'web based messenger'' thread i havent really posted on anything else for quite a while now, with exception to a few posts on the moderation issue. I must stress that my opinions are primarily based on moderation, not the 'subscriber issue' of which any posts made where infact by endorf to whom i also provided my account details, so please dont label me a 'traitor' (tammy change ur sig) since i am not affiliated nor am i involved in this discussion. Its MY account and i can give it to whoever i want considering that it doesnt go against any rules set by this forum.

ReputationRep:
    You can't stop people from talking, if someone sees something negative about someone, they have the right to tell the person. I don't see why your worried about that, if what you say in there is harmless whats the problem?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure how this could be implemented, but it would definitely be useful. Us non-subscribers only get to see small quotes, out of context being used to back up a certain viewpoint, which isn't fair on anyone.

ReputationRep:
    This my suggestions then
    good stuff. cept the last point, i think vienna can do what she likes as long as it does not infringe forum rules, im not sure gaining authorised access to another persons account constitutes an infringement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swatfa)
    I must stress that my opinions are primarily based on moderation, not the 'subscriber issue' of which any posts made where infact by endorf
    i have made 2 posts on your acount, both signed endorf at the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    i have made 2 posts on your acount, both signed endorf at the end.
    i know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    I'm not sure how this could be implemented, but it would definitely be useful. Us non-subscribers only get to see small quotes, out of context being used to back up a certain viewpoint, which isn't fair on anyone.
    Thats why I got annoyed, yes the Don was wrong, I was in the wrong too but most of what goes on in there is not what Viena is posting.

ReputationRep:
    Its my account that i gave to her, i dont need my account that much since ive got things that im working on, java projects programming, web based msn etc. Infact other than the 'web based messenger'' thread i havent really posted on anything else for quite a while now, with exception to a few posts on the moderation issue. I must stress that my opinions are primarily based on moderation, not the 'subscriber issue' of which any posts made where infact by endorf to whom i also provided my account details, so please dont label me a 'traitor' (tammy change ur sig) since i am not affiliated nor am i involved in this discussion. Its MY account and i can give it to whoever i want considering that it doesnt go against any rules set by this forum.
    your actions were admirable and as everyone can see, to the benefit of the forum.

ReputationRep:
    i know
    mate.. noone blames you for what you have done and you are certainly not a trater. you have benefited the forum greatly and now i feel everybody has had chance to calm down and things will be better for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Surely it's the individuals right to allow access to their username if they so wish? I can't see the arguement over how the information was gained, it was clearly accessed with the permission of the subscriber; end of story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endorf)
    mate.. noone blames you for what you have done and you are certainly not a trater. you have benefited the forum greatly and now i feel everybody has had chance to calm down and things will be better for everyone.
    word, swatfa is easily one of the coolest people here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    your actions were admirable and as everyone can see, to the benefit of the forum.
    I don't question it doing good to the forum, but it is still wrong and hopefully swatfa will respond to my requests.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.