Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumeyyatontus)
    I really hope you're right with those grade boundaries! I'm hoping for no more than 60/61 for an A due to how many silly mistakes I made due to the stupid layout of some of the questions

Does anyone know if teachers have a copy of the paper yet?
    Teachers get a copy today once the papers have been sent off.

ReputationRep:
    My Teacher predicted 62 ish
    I perosnally think 60ish. WJEC CH4 have been as low as 59 so i think its possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Formless)
    My Teacher predicted 62 ish
    I perosnally think 60ish. WJEC CH4 have been as low as 59 so i think its possible
    If it's 62 I could possibly just about make the boundary but not 100% sure .. I resat both CH1 and CH2 so I'm hoping those can pull me up as well
    How many marks do you think you've got?

Edit: the A grade boundary has been as low as 56!

ReputationRep:
    If it's 62 I could possibly just about make the boundary but not 100% sure .. I resat both CH1 and CH2 so I'm hoping those can pull me up as well
    How many marks do you think you've got?

Edit: the A grade boundary has been as low as 56!
    Lool 56!? that correction has given me hope lmao, below 60 please WJEC. I think i got around 64 - 62

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Formless)
    Lool 56!? that correction has given me hope lmao, below 60 please WJEC. I think i got around 64 - 62
    I know hahaha, yeah I think I've definitely lost about 14 marks, and then probs another 3 or 4 I don't know about... Fingers crossed. Still haunted by the fact I lost about 5 marks just for reading the questions wrong/not thinking properly

ReputationRep:
    I know hahaha, yeah I think I've definitely lost about 14 marks, and then probs another 3 or 4 I don't know about... Fingers crossed. Still haunted by the fact I lost about 5 marks just for reading the questions wrong/not thinking properly
    Yeah absolutely kicking myself for some of my stupid mistakes. Gotta hope the boundaries are in are favor and smash CH5

ReputationRep:
    I read the graph wrong and thought it was m/z of 71 so i got the formula C4H7O which doesnt make sense. I indentified the correct number of carbons and I managed to identify all groups, ratios and splitting patterns in NMR. How many marks will I drop?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt1997x)
    I read the graph wrong and thought it was m/z of 71 so i got the formula C4H7O which doesnt make sense. I indentified the correct number of carbons and I managed to identify all groups, ratios and splitting patterns in NMR. How many marks will I drop?
    You'll lose the marks for identifying the molecular structure, but for the "use all information" bla bla part you'll probably get all the marks I assume? And then lose the mark for the structural formula

ReputationRep:
    I've only just seen this thread. I thought the paper was difficult but not impossible, it was just different, from what I've heard the style we had is like the new AS papers. I would say about 62/63 for the A. Hoping ch5 is a nice paper. By the way did anyone get 2 methyl propanal for the molecule?

ReputationRep:
    I got 2 methyl propanal. I thought the style of the questions were different too because I've done lots of past papers and some of the questions were completely different to what I've done. I don't think the paper was that hard though fair enough I learned loads of reactions and not most of it came up but some were actually useful lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALevel Student 1)
    Any tips for CH5, anyone?
    My advice would be to hang in there buddy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mango88)
    Was this the question before the one about why sucrose, glucose and fructose are soluble?
    yes it was!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember what the mechanism drawing question was? Was it the bromination or chlorination of benzene?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azusa)
    Anyone remember what the mechanism drawing question was? Was it the bromination or chlorination of benzene?
    It was friedel crafts

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have an unofficial mark scheme? finding it hard to concentrate on ch5 when I'm still unsure of how I done on ch4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naomi173)
    Anyone have an unofficial mark scheme? finding it hard to concentrate on ch5 when I'm still unsure of how I done on ch4
    No one has the put the paper up so unfortunately not

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.