Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thutmose-III)
    Drifting off in Alex Jones' direction? He's been an employee of Alex Jones for the last 10 years.

By repeatedly saying stupid homophobic things. Essentially that gays are part of the (non-existent) New World Order's plan to undermine Western civilistaion and destroy the family.
    Fair enough, never heard him say that but I'll take your word for it on this time. Im not a long time viewer of his.

PS: I hope you forgive my caution when it comes to people saying "homophobia", "racism" and "islamophobia". Half of the time accusations like these carry no substance. Just a general observation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    These countries are the only examples, and Bosnia is not even a majority Muslim country (it's a binational state, half-Christian, half-Muslim).
    Jordan, Lebanon, Azerbaijan, Bahrain... Few more examples.

(Original post by remiremi)
    I wouldn't really want to be a gay person in any of those countries, just because a Muslim country like Turkey has "secular" laws that doesn't mean the native population or nation as a whole is secular. In fact I remember reading an article a while back condoning Turkey for having the most LGBT attacks in Europe, much worse than say Russia that for some reason gets parroted as the worst nation in the world for gays by the BBC.

Hopefully when people start abandoning Islam and religion in general in Turkey people will be more accepting and tolerant just like the west.
    Yeah ok sure. I was arguing the fact that not all Islamic countries have a death penalty for homosexuality, not whether there's a social stigma or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    Jordan, Lebanon, Azerbaijan, Bahrain... Few more examples.
    Jordan
    Very advanced for the middle east and LGBT rights

Lebanon
    Homosexuals routinely persecuted and imprisoned

Azerbaijan
    Largely secular, but still faces issues due post communism

Bahrain
    Homosexuals routinely persecuted and banned from entering the country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Jordan
    Very advanced for the middle east and LGBT rights
    (And? You did say it's illegal in all Islamic countries...)

Lebanon
    Homosexuals routinely persecuted and imprisoned
    (Still legal. You said it's illegal in Islamic countries. Whether the police are corrupt is drifting from the point. I always hear black people are still not being treated fairly in USA yet there's no law to prosecute them.)

Azerbaijan
    Largely secular, but still faces issues due post communism
    (Still legal, regardless of whether there's social stigma or not. It's a Muslim majority.)

Bahrain
    Homosexuals routinely persecuted and banned from entering the country.
    (Still legal... blah blah blah)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Basically... no it's not illegal in all Islamic countries and there's certainly no death penalty in all of them either.

ReputationRep:
    Basically... no it's not illegal in all Islamic countries and there's certainly no death penalty in all of them either.
    Legal doesn't mean anything when it is criminalised and punishable offence because of how badly written the laws are.

Also I said almost all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Legal doesn't mean anything when it is criminalised and punishable offence because of how badly written the laws are.

Also I said almost all.
    If its legal, it shouldn't be criminalised so these are a few corrupt anomalies. It's not almost all.

ReputationRep:
    To them anti-LGBT is something invented by evil White men to oppress minority groups

That is how majority of Marxists think, including feminists

ReputationRep:
    If its legal, it shouldn't be criminalised so these are a few corrupt anomalies. It's not almost all.
    It seema more common than anomalies. It is normally were being homosexual is legal but homosexual activities are illegal.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.