Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I wasnt even taught this crucible thing for the last one!! oh well just 3 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did everyonr get for the balancing equation question?
    I think I got something like
    Al + 3 (can't remember the element) ➡ Al (element) subscript 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjl16)
    i got 100 tonnes personally

posted from tsr mobile
    hahahaa same pray its right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinford3)
    Attachment 550643
    what was the name of that experiment again!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I think the 6 marker at the back was horrible because i hate the empirical formula, but then i got home and figured out i know how to do it.
    anyone else confused about what colour sodium was? i put yellow
    the question had the choice of yellow or red/orange but my revision guide said yellow/orange??

ReputationRep:
    Sodium is yellow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fez_Shabbir)
    Thank you, I stress a lot over each answer you see x
    Damn. You do know that the elements of the periodic table goes across, not down right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ksj.11)
    I wasnt even taught this crucible thing for the last one!! oh well just 3 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Neither was I. I went through the exam board's revision guide and knew the whole book off by heart. But the crucible thing wasn't in there? Or maybe I don't know the whole book by heart ahaha. But I do know the book by heart though ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louiskilla)
    Sodium is yellow
    sure?

ReputationRep:
    Yes sodium yellow, potassium purple, calcium red, copper blue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louiskilla)
    Sodium is yellow
    I'm orrery sure that it is orange-red as the others were red, lilac and green

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ARK_REVISES)
    Sodium in a flame test IS yellow. Yellow and yellow only. Some mark schemes will even drop you a mark for saying orange-yellow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ARK_REVISES)
    The answer was yellow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lopa69)
    What was the question everyone got 35% as the answer? I got 30% because i must have misread it, also what was the question to do with finding 'how many tonnes can fill 500 tonnes' something like that.
    I think you may have rounded the moles when working out the question, so you should get most of the marks

ReputationRep:
    On the first question if i put lower case letters will i get the question wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.