Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Labour MP Jo Cox killed in shooting incident in West Yorkshire Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    Rip

Out of respect, we should leave the forum free of political statements (guns, referendum and Britain First) for 24 hours.
    I'd certainly agree with that. Others sadly, won't, we're already seeing outrageous and vile accusations that it's some kind of false flag attack orchestrated by the Remain campaign ffs. RIP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Why is that respectful? If he was from Britain First, it's completely disrespectful not to talk about it.

For example, if they had anything at all to do with her murder, then their leaders should be arrested for conspiracy.
    Do you have any other witness statements on the Britain First claim. This is the only one I could find:

Aamir Tahir, of The Dry Clean Centre, said: "The lady I work with heard two loud bangs but I wasn't there, I was stuck in traffic at the time. I wish I was there because I would have tried to stop him. The whole street thinks it was me but it wasn't. Apparently the guy who did it shouted 'Britain first' and if I had been there I would have tackled him."
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I'm lost for words. This just isn't something you associate with happening in the UK.

This had better not be linked to the referendum...

ReputationRep:
    Feel so sad she passed away. This has all happened too fast ... :cry2: I feel depressed I never got to meet her properly as she was my MP. RIP Jo

ReputationRep:
    An eye witness has been quoted stating he did not shout Britain First. Pretty underhand move by the media if that is true.

ReputationRep:
    Terrible news, RIP

Anyone who attempts to use this to politically point-score is scum. No exceptions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelstresss)
    I was talking primarily about radicalised western citizens. The ISIS militants living in Syria could well believe the delusion that they are living, but in terms of radicalised individuals in western society - they are just murderers taking out their anger on the world, Islam is just a veil they hide behind so they can live with their intentions.
    You claim that all Western ISIS militants aren't really Muslims, but just disaffected individuals. This is crap. Many of those who travelled to join ISIS had been involved in Islamist circles for years (Khaled Sharouf being just one prominent example).

ISIS ideology is fundamentally centred around Islam. The people involved in ISIS dutifully follow all the Five Pillars of Islam, which means they are Muslims. Everything ISIS says is based on Islamic theology or history, and everyone who goes to ISIS training camps is marinated in Quranic scripture for months.

The ISIS militants living in Syria could well believe the delusion that they are living
    It's unclear what this even means. ISIS killed gay men and Yezidis because these two groups are contrary to Islam. It's just that simple.

ReputationRep:
    This is so sad. Jo was an amazing campaigner for Syrian refugees. 100% agree with A Mysterious Lord noone should try and politicize this terrible incident. RIP Jo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)
    Do you have any other witness statements on the Britain First claim. This is the only one I could find:

Aamir Tahir, of The Dry Clean Centre, said: "The lady I work with heard two loud bangs but I wasn't there, I was stuck in traffic at the time. I wish I was there because I would have tried to stop him. The whole street thinks it was me but it wasn't. Apparently the guy who did it shouted 'Britain first' and if I had been there I would have tackled him."
    Interesting. I wonder if Tahir might have had a particular agenda in saying that if other witnesses do not corroborate it

ReputationRep:
    Why is that respectful? If he was from Britain First, it's completely disrespectful not to talk about it.

For example, if they had anything at all to do with her murder, then their leaders should be arrested for conspiracy.
    It's respectful because an innocent woman has died and using her death to debate about the referendum, amongst other things, is just disgusting. It's also better because we would see more information on what happened after 24 hours had passed, and we wouldn't be basing our ideas on unreliable sources.

Please, respect her, and her children, at this horrible time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)

You wouldn't be questioning this if the attacker shouted "allahu akbar". Have some respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Do you have a source that links him to that camp?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...ivist-11474970
    Not a reputable source, just a few people on Facebook claiming he's in the video.

I've watched it myself and I think he could easily be in it; all of the men are white, most look aged 40-55 and there are many of large build with short greying hair. Just like the attacker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thutmose-III)
    Interesting. I wonder if Tahir might have had a particular agenda in saying that if other witnesses do not corroborate it
    It doesn't seem like a very reliable statement. What I find the most strange is: "The whole street thinks it was me but it wasn't".

ReputationRep:
    Shall we wait for the full facts to come out then? So far it appears that he was a far right fanatic Leaver, which is completely relevant. Time will tell, but I've removed the post saying UKIP may have been involved.

There's certainly nothing remotely petty about this and if it does turn out to have been a politically motivated attack, then we need a complete investigation to see if he was encouraged by others and if anyone else knew about his intentions.
    We're all used to fairly robust but still fairly intelligent discussions with you, but for once, wind your ****ing neck in.

The woman's barely even cold and all you can do is bloviate and spout **** that, at best, is in extremely poor taste, and at worse is barely human.

The woman has died. Her young children have been left without a mother and all you can do is bleat on about conspiracy theories.

Seriously, just shut up.

You're doing yourself no favours and only make yourself look like a compete idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thutmose-III)
    You claim that all Western ISIS militants aren't really Muslims, but just disaffected individuals. This is crap. Many of those who travelled to join ISIS had been involved in Islamist circles for years (Khaled Sharouf being just one prominent example).

ISIS ideology is fundamentally centred around Islam. The people involved in ISIS dutifully follow all the Five Pillars of Islam, which means they are Muslims. Everything ISIS says is based on Islamic theology or history, and everyone who goes to ISIS training camps is marinated in Quranic scripture for months.

It's unclear what this even means. ISIS killed gay men and Yezidis because these two groups are contrary to Islam. It's just that simple.
    You've overcomplicated this, twisted my words, ignored what I said and avoided the original point too many times - this debate is beyond recovery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville;v65842529)
    Ofc conveniently it was Sky found a witness that would paint a 'leaver' in a bad light.
    I know. Could you imagine if sky had an owner who was massively pro-leave like say Rupert Murdoch? Oh wait...

She has passed away. Really tragic and saddening

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Interesting how none of the righties who would be crowding round this thread in glee had the attacker been shouting 'Allahu akbar' have commented yet on what is a horrible and callous attack on a lovely lady and by all accounts good MP.
    They'll find excuses about how he had mental illnesses and therefore not his fault/not terrorism/hate act etc.

ReputationRep:
    He is a terrorist!...oh wait he's not Muslim...my bad.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    RIP. Absolutely awful and shocking. Those poor children.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.